A Corrupted Guide to Celestial- Post-Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Fatal Star, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

You just wanna keep an eye on me lol :p
    • Like x 1
  2. Tilz Loyal Player

Got me :p
    • Like x 1
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

E Clip mentioned this a few pages back, but wanted to reiterate cause of some testing me and charm just did, do NOT use accelerated plague. It's bugged and will cancel out cDL if you use it before it's base cooldown. I'll be sure to let the devs know about it.
    • Like x 3
  4. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

So first of all, I'm really loving Celestial, and without this guide I don't think I would have gotten off the ground. Thank you very much for putting it together!

So right now I'm generally using this loadout for DPS, but I feel like there's probably a better one:
    DL, PcDL, WoTPcCS, BcA, Neo Venom, and then Blessing or Defile depending on whether there's a healer or not. My rotation is DL > PcDL > Blight > WoTPcCS > PcDL > DL > Blight > WoTPcCS > PcDL > basically repeating the last 4 or throwing defile when appropriate. Is this any good? It seems ok, but I feel like I could do better.

I've just started healing. For that I'm using VL, GL, AcB, RcC, BcDM, and switching between SC and WoTPcCS. So far, no one's really dying, but I also have very little idea what I'm doing.

Any help with improving either role would be much appreciated. Thanks again!
    • Like x 1
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm glad the guide helped! If there's any information missing or that you want elaborated on, let me or charm know and we'll be sure to update the guide accordingly.

As for your DPS rotation, seeing you have defile on it, I'm assuming you're using it for both single target and AoE? It's not a bad rotation, but yes there's a better one out there.

For AoE I use PcDL, DL, AcB, DMcB, WoTPcCS, and SC, I like to use cursed idol on adds because it adds additional damage when an add dies with CI up. For a rotation I precast PcDL before the tank even gets aggro, and I try to time it for the exact moment he grabs it. Then I clip cDL with DL, then I go into AcB while clipping a weapon tap with A so blast adaptor goes off. Then I do WoTPcCS, clipping cCS with admonish, then go back to WoTPcCS, while clipping a weapon tap with WoTP, then I go back into PcDL, by the time you finish PcDL, DL should be off cooldown and then you just rinse, wash, and repeat. That's the best rotation I found for adds.

On bosses I do PcDL, DLcP, malediction clipped with benediction, while finishing the BcM combo, then CScWoTP three times, then go back into PcDL. By the time PcDL is done, DL should be off cooldown, then you just repeat. For sixth slot I like to use RS since it's higher sustained damage then if you were to put a SC there, that way I can save my SC's to nuke adds and kill them faster.

Those are the "scoreboard" chaser rotations though, not a must but will put you on par with gadgets and prec DPS. Hope this helps too!
    • Like x 3
  6. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Yes, I have been using this for both adds and single target, but soon I will get another armory and create a fully ST loadout. I will have to practice my preloading skills, but thanks this is awesome! I will play around with Cursed Idol, but so far I have really liked NVB.

Also, when do you use the DMcB in your loadout? It's not listed in your rotation.
    • Like x 1
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah preloading and learning to combo while moving at the same time are key to doing alot of damage on adds. Takes practice though. If I were to use NVB it would be bosses and take the place or RS, they both net about the same damage increase, NVB is just slightly more convenient because with CI you have to worry about the boss jumping or teleporting out of range of it, so yeah def go with NVB if you like it better.

You can also squeeze out more damage on the add rotation by replacing DMcB with RS, I just love DMcB hence why it's on my loadout lol
    • Like x 1
  8. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I'm fairly new to Celestial. About a month in. I figured with the free 170 jump, why not? It was different and I had never tried it. At 1st, I struggled. I'm sure many do, but once I knew my combos it all started to click. I went to Test and tested my Live rotations and its potential. At 235 (at the time of testing) and around 25k might I was parsing out about 18k to 21 k and figured I was in a good spot and with all the testing I really nailed down my combos. Came back to Live and played average. I knew (cuz I had seen 1st hand) that there was better rotations and loadouts. I came to this guide. Why I didn't at 1st? Prolly laziness, or just feeling it out myself proved with it worthy with Fire DPS. I grew frustrated on Live and kinda set it aside and worked feats for my Fire toon. After reading more in depth to the guide I started to understand alot more of how things worked and found that itch to play it again. Now its my 2nd favorite power behind Fire. I grinded that toon all the way to 243 currently and have enjoyed myself immensely. Thank you guys (you and Charmed) for your work on the guide.

So here are my questions. I'm too new to rattle of names of abilities and have to decode what I read in the guide, so I can't really get feedback for what I'm doing currently. So, one of my major questions aside from LO's is how do you recommend one mod for DPS and Healing. I'm more interested in the tactical mods than the augments. Like I prefer power efficiency over core strength DPS wise and think it's a must for Healing.

My next question is how to optimize your damage and healing? By that I mean when to clip, ranges I need to be aware of and stuff of that nature. Do I always let the animation go full or clip when available to? I always do clip when available. Is it best to be mid range to close to do the most damage? At range doesn't always cut it for me, but too cloae is the danger zone. I am used to being close with Fire and it suits me, but is there a benefit with Celestial doing the same?
    • Like x 1
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Cracks knuckles

Needed to get on my laptop for this one lol. For starters, I'm glad the guide helped sooth your frustrations, celestial can be a very frustrating power to learn, between memorizing the combos and positioning for each, it can be discouraging, which is why I tried to make the guide as in depth as I possibly can, charm as well, so I'm sure she'll be as happy as I am that it's helping people. I'll be sure to add a section for tactical mods, since I was able to really experiment with them all thanks to the most recent update.

For tactical mods, I use energized wrath of the presence for my head, blast adapter for weapon, escalating might for neck, accelerated divine light for back, core strength for chest, restorative wrath of the presence for legs (if you didn't get the hint yet, I use WoTP a lot lol), max damage for hands, and exhilarating dive bomb for feet. You want lose much damage if you go with reserve tank or power efficiency over core strength, I like to maximize my output, which is why I go with core strength, because my power bar is big enough to handle heavy consumption with relative ease so I don't see a NEED for more power. I do use power efficiency for healing though, not sure what charm uses, she can fill you in on the healing side.

The reason I go with wrath of the presence for my head mod instead of a SC mod, is because since celestial dps rarely we uses a weapon, and barely has room for range taps (depending on the loadout you decide to use), we don't have as easy access to the weapon mods, so I created my own make shift replenishing adapter. I use WoTPcCS a lot on adds or heavy AoE boss fights, so getting 3% of your power back every 12 seconds is pretty nice, and it takes just THAT much strain off of the troll. Exhilarating dive bomb is another thing that helps you with power. If you're flight, you can swoop in a group of adds to increase your regen, or you can do it during boss fights, it does stop your dps for a few seconds cause you can't combo while the dive bomb effect is going, but it's good for say if you get stunned or knocked down, you can quickly get up, dive bomb, go back to comboing. Not as tactical as the head mod, but it does help...kind of. Only foot mod I found SEMI useful.

For this portion of your question, you want to clip the combos as soon as possible, try to leave NO animation from the clipped combo behind, that's the speed you want to be at. You want to be able to see the numbers, but not the animation. It takes practice to get that fast but once you do, you will notice it in your damage, but yes, clip when available, like as soon as that window opens, you jump out of it. The window to clip a combo becomes available as soon as your toon raises their hands to the highest point during their animation, or as soon as their hands close (you probably already had an idea of that, just wanted to reinforce it for others that might be reading).

For the best rotations on adds and bosses, it requires you to be midrange, so about 12m or less from the target. If you're using death mark combo'd into blessing (DMcB) you have to be melee range for the corrupted blessing explosion to hit the target, that's the only melee ranged combo celestial has though, so if you don't use it, you're good. In the combo chart on the first page, I have all their combos and their ranges, so you can get an idea of what's midrange and what isn't, but if you don't feel like going back to look:

Ranged-
    Haunt into smite/smite into haunt (HcS, ScH)
    Retribution into whither/whither into retribution (RcW, WcR)
    Plague into divine light/divine light into plague (PcDL, DLcP)
    Benediction into malediction (BcM)
    Blessing into deathmark (BcDM)
    Renew into curse (RcC)

Midrange-
    Wrath of the presence into consume soul (WoTPcCS)
    Consume soul into wrath of the presence (CScWoTP)
    Admonish into blight/blight into admonish (AcB, BcA)

Melee-
    Deathmark into blessing (DMcB)

Whatever loadout you're using, the combo that requires you to be the closest will be what range you have to stay it.

I hope this provided the assistance you needed, anymore questions feel free to ask! I may not always reply right away, I'm kind of busy through out the day so if an answer requires a novel, I'll get back at earliest convenience.
    • Like x 4
  10. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Welcome to the Celestial family! :D

For healing I wouldn't recommend using GL and VL because that's extremely power hungry on top of the 3 combos you're running. Are you looking to pure heal or battle heal? For pure healing I would recommend CS, AcB, Renew, DL, Blessing, and rotate between Sacrifice and Consecrated Ground dependent on the content ( AcB being your only combo). You'll be more power efficient and more heal efficient using this loadout. If you are wanting to battle heal give Fatal a shout and he'd be more then happy to help you with the train wreck battle healing has become lol.

Hope you enjoy healing with Celest and if you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask either of us :D
    • Like x 1
  11. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Tactical Mods for healing should be
    weapon- absorption adapter
    head- your sc of choice (mine is cg)
    legs- none
    chest- reserve tank (more powahhhhhhh)
    back- breakout regen
    hands- regenerative shielding (if you're using GL get the channel mod)
    feet- your choice but if you're acro go tumbling master and thank me later :p
  12. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I'm definitely starting with pure healing, at least until I get my feet wet. I will try your suggested loadout next time I play and see how it goes, I am still very inexperienced with it at this point. So far, however, I don't seem to have any power issues. If power isn't an issue would your recommendation change? I usually run with pretty good trollers.
    • Like x 1
  13. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

That's the loadout I personally use so yes I would recommend it regardless :D
  14. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Awesome, thanks so much!

Some more minor questions; Healer Artifacts - Starheart & Soul Cloak Scrap, or something else? Under Tactical Mods you listed Reserve Tank over Power Efficiency, why? Also, no leg mod... Why not Restorative WoTP, since you can combo it from CS? Is there a benefit to not using a mod?
    • Like x 1
  15. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

For artifacts I'm using the Demon's Fang (gives more resto than starheart) and Omega ( for increased power regen). I choose Reserve Tank for the overall increased power pool. Restorative WoTP only works if you use WoTP so using CScWoTP won't trigger it. Only WoTP or WoTPcCS triggers it.

The loadout I use is based on what is most optimal for Celest healing. You should focus on keeping AcB up since it's our best HoT. Keep CS up too in harder content or bad groups. Use VL for the 8 man burst when necessary. The rest of the L/O is pretty self explanatory so I won't go into that lol.

Healing isn't very many combos unless you decide to explore battle healing one day. You get more than enough heals from the L/O I use/advise at a quicker rate than if you're trying to combo them all. CS is giving you a 16 man burst/hot, AcB is giving you a 4 man burst and 8 man hot, and VL gives you a 8 man burst/hot.
    • Like x 1
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

Heyo CL,

can you elaborate the quoted part a bit more please? In a vacuum, Power Efficiency is better by .25% if I'm not mistaken ^_^
  17. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I appreciate you taking the time to write all that out. It is most helpful. I am a firm believer in the small details that make the biggest difference. It gets old seeing "what's the best dps" threads. Top DPS players know and understand their power and its potential because of the attention to detail. Thanks again Fatal.
  18. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I have yet to use my Celestial Healer since writing my post, but I aim to this weekend and give proper feedback and praise. Thank you for taking the time out to help me learn from experienced Celestial players. You and Fatal have done a wonderful job.

One quick question though, so I understand fully, should I be comboing or no when healing?
    • Like x 2
  19. Tilz Loyal Player

Sneeky Tilz incoming.

The only combo you really need is the AcB combo. Comboing CS does only more damage, but takes power. You could sneek some RcC combos or BcDM, but it's not really needed for healing.
    The classic celestial healer needs 1 combo :)
    • Like x 2
  20. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Sure thing, when Stats Revamp went live I test Power Efficiency also reaching out to Spord at the time to find out if it counted for combos or initial casts only. It doesn't count for combos and based on the math (I did it at the time) I found it more beneficial for Celestial to increase it's overall power pool. Hope that cleared it up :D
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.