A Corrupted Guide to Celestial- Post-Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Fatal Star, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tilz Loyal Player

I might return!
    • Like x 1
  2. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

O.O

Come back to meeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! lol :p
  3. Tilz Loyal Player

lol.
    I still consider me as an electricity main. But the singletarget damage is just sooo bad. I mean I can keep up with many players on singletarget, but still.

What are your thoughts on the newest artifact with the powerregen buff?
    I got it to 120, but sitll using the SC one. Is the new one worth using as heal and/or dps?
    • Like x 1
  4. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I'm running tests on it as we speak! When I finish if I think it's worth it for the heal side I'm gonna do an update to the guide. I think it will be tbh. Fatal is checking it for DPS. I plan to look into it some on DPS too, but won't say anything official on that side since that's his half of our baby LOL.

Single target on Cele is sexy tho js :p
  5. Tilz Loyal Player

The only "good" point for the SC thing is the additional Supercharge you have, when entering content with a full one. With elec I use the SC thing, because I rarely have powerissues and then I still pop a soder.
    On dps side it could be more interesting, because of using SCs more often.
    I won't use the SC generator though.

Yes, i'll rock the Bene/male combo again^^
    • Like x 1
  6. Tilz Loyal Player

Don't have sub anymore. :p
    Let's see how that new modding system will workout
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Kryptonian capsule ruffled a lot of people's feathers, hopefully the augment system won't be monotenized too hard
    • Like x 1
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

At least I got quite a few likes for my comments on the TCs:rolleyes:
  9. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Just popping in to say I'm liking what I see with the artifact that increases power regen. I will probably be recommending it for healer role once I test it maxed out (haven't gotten it that far yet). I'm also planning to check out this soder artifact too. Will let you guys know what I find. Hope you're all well :D
  10. Fighter Well-Known Player

I finally got my Celestial villain to end game! I havent played Celestial in a while but I have always loved battle healing with it. Can someone give me a current rundown for what a battle healer’s loadout, spec and gear should look like for the most recent Titan content? I prefer to use combos over my weapon and I have a solid amount of SP to use. Thank you to all the Celestial experts in advance!!
    • Like x 1
  11. Gladiator Ultimate New Player

Is there an effective celestial load out for either full light or full corrupt, I switched from celestial because it didn’t fit my concept having to use dark powers to get best dps. For concept I want either full light or full dark but without gimping my dps. Is this possible?
    • Like x 1
  12. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

If you look in the guide Fatal has my full curse loadout listed. DMcB, BcA, CScWoTP, PcDL, CI last spot is your choice.
  13. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Battle healing isn't what it use to be lol. We have a lot of damage penalties now and BcM and McB are broken. You can still "battle heal" but don't expect it to be like it use to be with high end results. I know Fatal is running a battle spec, and I'm sure he'll share some tips when he wakes up and separates his head from his butt lol
    • Like x 1
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I didn't miss this post, I kind of have to type out an essay to explain battle healing so I'm waiting till I have time to sit down and type everything out lol.

Just replying so you didn't think you were being ignored. I'll give you a set up when I get off work later.
    • Like x 1
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Also I know I said this before but the PvP section for dps will be coming soon. I finally sat down and did some arenas so I'll get that typed up sometime in the next week or two.
    • Like x 1
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Like Charm said, battle healing has definitely changed. Before revamp, you relied on McB heals. After revamp, McB is not strong enough to rely on.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-post-stats-revamp.289905/page-2#post-4008084

Use this as a basic guide to know how to set up. It's slightly outdated, but the jist of it is the same. If you have a lot of skill points you can make battle healing look OP.

I only have 348, but it's enough for me to do basic battle healing in alerts and most regular raids. I cap out on might and power, and then I cap on both healing and damage crits. Whatever is left gets thrown into resto.

I want to try a split spec where I throw at least 100 into resto and the rest into might/power, while still maxing on crits, that might be slightly more effective, I'll reply back and let you know the results.

For my loadout I use renew, life drain, AcB, CScWoTP, WoTPcCS, DMcB.

DMcB will be your bread and butter, it skips over the 50% damage penalty and it's a 4 man shield in healer role, with everyone else's shield explosion damage counting towards your damage. First I put out AcB for HoT, CScWoTP next, since the second part of that combo doesn't get a penalty you'll want to do the full combo. WoTPcCS, the first part doesn't get penalized, and the second part is one of celestials better group heals. I just rotate those 4 combos while clipping renew in as needed. That rotation is mainly reserved for adds.

For bosses I do something slightly different. I'll swap out life drain with curse, then I'll clip curse with RcC, and keep repeating that process since both C and cC bypass the penalty, it's great single target damage while still putting out heals with renew.

On bosses with adds though, it's probably a good idea to keep life drain, since LD is based on the damage it deals, so it heals the most when used on split targets.

I hope this at least helped!
    • Like x 3
  17. Fighter Well-Known Player

[quote="I hope this at least helped![/quote]

Yes it was! Thank you!! It makes me sad that battle healing is not as good as it was before. It was my favorite way to heal in this game! :(
    • Like x 1
  18. Tilz Loyal Player

Just a little update for my fav crowd over here. :p

Currently on a "longer" break. If I ever return it will be early september. Got to finish my masterthesis and moving to another town for work after that. So I might be back in september (with celestial) :)
    • Like x 1
  19. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Good Luck on your thesis and with the move! Don't be a stranger before September!
  20. Tilz Loyal Player

I'm good at pretending to write words there... :D :D
    And i'm not gone. Simply don't have time and burnt out. I really don't see any benefit from playing DCUO. Have been playing lots of AoE2 lately and that will be my "main-game". But also looking forward to a fresh-start on dcuo again.
    There is so much wrong with the game, but also lot of good things (and ppl).
    And i'm lurking the forums, dw :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.