A Corrupted Guide to Celestial- Post-Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Fatal Star, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Dont need to hit anyone, just pop it.

Sacrifice only shields everyone else, leaving you vulnerable. You'll need to clip it with blessing to ensure you're covered as well.

Don't worry about it drawing aggro either. As long as there's a tank it won't override their taunt.
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm gonna go through and link people's rotations in the actual loadout section sometime in the future to help those in need
  3. E Clip Dedicated Player

I tried your rotation and while its pretty good for single target, its not very effective for AOE. I find that it produces slightly less than my usual ST rotation using Mal + BcM, PcDL, DLcP and CScWotP. Still its a very good one.

I've been using these two rotations in the video, I made this for a friend yesterday who was asking me to show him my rotations. I just need to remember to switch my loadouts, at least I remembered for the last boss fight ^^

4. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Yeah its a good rotation for say, the tentacles in TTBE. I'm still experimenting with loadouts atm. Part of me really wants to switch out Haunt which would make for a more power costly load out but possibly an even stronger load out as well. Maybe Mal or Wither instead.

I find Haunt quite a necessary part of my load out but might be a 'safe option', maybe even the part of my loadout/rotation thats holding Alienna back a little. Suppose it depends on what content I'm doing. Still working with rotations as well. I want my load out to be as strong as possible, but be predominantly Cursed (although having Admonish in my load out is a good idea)
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

For single I updated my loadout to the following:

PcDL, DLcP, DM clipped with BcM, CScWoTP, NvB

It wrecks in Spin for the first and last boss, I used it in TTBE as well on Aquaman. I was falling behind a muntitions but started catching up once I swapped to that rotation
  6. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Sacrifice shields everyone in the group except you pulling all the aggro to you (hence the name lol). As long as you are running with a good tank who's refreshing aggro like they're suppose to you'll be fine. I personally always use Consecrated Ground for supercharge. It's a glyph that prevents almost all incoming damage to anyone standing inside the glyph. It's a much better SC than Sacrifice in my opinion, but pick the one you're comfortable with.
  7. E Clip Dedicated Player

Thats interesting ... I've tried DM many times, it ticks 3 times and its total damage is weaker than Mal if you're using it once per rotation. I get 9k on average with DM, while with Mal I get 12k average (30% crit 26.2k base might). So if you're using it only once per rotation, Mal is a better choice imo. It could be that the Munitions guy had his soder expired or didn't do too well that you started gaining on him? Im trying to understand this because according to my tests, this doesn't seem right, Mal outperforms DM by about 20%.
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Mal does out perform DM, I used it because of personal preference, I don't really like Mal. If you're only using Mal and DM once per rotation it shouldn't make up a 3k difference in average DPS, in tests I ran it didn't even make a 1k difference in average damage. How often were you using CScWoTP in your rotation if you dont mind me asking? Cause that one ability shouldn't make up that much of a difference.

Also keep in mind in that raid I had originally had RcW in place of CS for range, then swapped to CScWoTP, which makes a significant difference over RcW.
  9. E Clip Dedicated Player

I made a mistake in my previous post and I corrected it. I should have said 9k and 12k respectively, I wrote 9k/s and 12k/s, that was a mistake, sorry for the confusion.

I was simply going by the logic that if you're using either of these two moves once per rotation than the one which nets higher damage is the better choice. So from that I think its safe to say that Mal is a better choice because over the same time (12 seconds) it nets you 20-25% more dmg.

Ye I also use CScWotP in place of RcW whenever I have the chance. I have no problem with Morgwar to get close range, but Manta is problematic for me so I use RcW instead... I need to git good for that fight, every time I try to CScWotP on Manta I eat bombs, many many bombs :D
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I agree, mal does net more damage overall, but the damage difference isn't big enough for me to feel forced with sticking to malediction. I like DM because of animation and it combo into cB incase I can get close enough to use it.

I haven't gotten a chance to run SpinE yet because pugs are pansies so I'm not sure where my comfort zone range wise is with it yet, but in TTBE I can get close enough to use CScWoTP pretty much everywhere, starro is a hit and miss tho because of the spores and his charges.
  11. E Clip Dedicated Player

TTBe is ezpz, Starro can be meleed without problems and for Aquaman its enough to stay 5-6m away to not get pulled in which is enough range for cWotP to hit. SSe on the other hand is more difficult, but as usual the biggest difficulty is to get 8 players to sync well, its not that the mechanics are too demanding. Manta is very difficult for me to do mid range because it leaves me little time to react to all his one shots, but Morgwar is no problem, in fact I find it easier to stay mid range, almost melee range actually.
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

My issue with starro is his zipping across the room, and whether to chase him or wait for him to come back. I usually chase him and remain cautious of his ground slam, but occasionally he'll zip through the spores and I don't like lunging after him there, incase I hit one. Other then that, yeah he's easy to stay mid-range with. I'm hoping to try SpinE soon, I did the manta fight on test so I know how to handle that already.
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Slight update to my Cele DPS load out (again)

Haunt - Divine Light - Plague - Consume Soul - Admonish - Neo Venom Boost

I figured replacing Sacred Light with Divine Light, as though Sacred Light is an SC Gen and you can get a critical head mod for it, it doesn't AoE, whereas Divine Light can do similar initial damage and AoE on top of that. Furthermore Divine Light is the strongest power that makes enemies vulnerable to purifying effects (over Retribution and Sacred Light). In addition SC isn't that important with Celestial unfortunately, to the point where if there was a strong SC for DPS I'd likely return Sacred Light to this load out - and there's always the SC artefact.

However in keeping with my somewhat more Cursed bias load out I only combo the Cursed powers (Haunt, Plague, CS) in my rotations - even though at this stage my load out is only half Cursed technically it seems more Cursed due to combos (and associated animations). I kinda wish for Alienna that as a villain the whole powerset was strictly Cursed, but thats just my personal preference.

Alienna's original load out is still fairly competitive in damage (and fairly average to slightly above average as far as DPS goes) but there are some very strong loadouts/rotations with Celestial which are easily top tier in damage. This updated load out is getting there.
  14. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I've been running this for about a week; Just I don't know why my numbers suck. My typical rotation on this goes DM, BcM, CscWoTOP, DLcP, PcDL.. Rinse and Repeat. I've been debating through the adds portion of content to run a RS in place of the NvB.
  15. E Clip Dedicated Player

Thats a single target rotation so if you're using that for adds too your numbers will most likely suck. Also NvB is your best friend for adds portion of content, so dont swap that out, instead adjust your rotation, prioritize PcDL and WotPcCS.
    • Like x 1
  16. E Clip Dedicated Player

This was brought to my attention today from another Celestial player who was complaining that sometimes cDL wont register. It never occurred too me that this could be a problem because I thought overwriting was fixed in the game long time ago. However upon testing I discovered this to be true, but it happens only when Accelerated Plague back mod is used. Im writing this here instead of bug/testing section because I wasnt playing for over 2 years and dont know what was happening during the revamp or if this is a known and intended issue. Have a look at this video:

Notice that when I use PcDL as soon as its off CD, the initial burst of cDL doesnt register. If I delay PcDL for a second which is how you would use it without the back mod, there is no problem.

As far as I can tell, the problem is because of the cDL glyph which lasts 6 seconds, however the Accelerated Plague back mod reduces the CD of Plague down to 5.3 seconds, so when you use PcDL the second time, the previous glyph is still present on the target which prevents the initial burst of the 2nd cDL to register. This is a huge damage loss for Celestial and I see two possible solutions to fix the issue:

- allow for self overwriting of cDL

- reduce the duration of cDL glyph from 6 seconds to 5.3 seconds, which means that instead of having 1 tick per second, the ticks needs to be happening every 0.88 seconds so that we get the same number of ticks over a shorter period of time.

I think the first solution would be easier to do for the devs.

Im curious if this is something you guys were aware of, if it has been brought up to the dev's attention and if this is intended or not.

Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  17. Sigeci Well-Known Player

Any chance you can share your current and updated AOE loadout?
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Sorry for the delay on replying, I was on "vacation" for a week.

I'll take a look at this and confirm it/report it to the devs. Watching the video it looks to be the case, good find E Clip!
    • Like x 3
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'll message you ingame
    • Like x 1
  20. E Clip Dedicated Player

Cool, thx!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.