A Corrupted Guide to Celestial- Post-Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Fatal Star, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Yes, I have that from the initial artifact release. They added three more artifacts with the anniversary event and just this week enabled a second slot. I’m trying to figure out which artifact I should be using in the second slot :)
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Use the soul one, forgot it's name. Even if you don't use a SC when healing, the extra power it gives helps somewhat.
    • Like x 1
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

The scrap of soul cloak one? Ok. That’s the one I got from the event intro, so I’m good then. Was wondering if maybe getting one of the others from the first round might be better, but that would save me MoV :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yes that one. If you use a SC when healing you'll find it useful. I don't so it's just for the extra power
    • Like x 1
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Just thought i'd leave this here as one of the many celestial rotations that can be done

6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm not that hopeful that meaningful changes will be made, they seem to be very slow in the process of power balance, but we'll see. I'll continue to scream about healer power costs until it gets through, and maybe one day you'll miss the game and take a peek to see how things going :)
    • Like x 2
  7. Tilz Loyal Player

The key is to play the power you enjoy with ppl you enjoy. :)
    Idc about TCs anymore and just enjoy the game. :)

Helping with healing costs though!
    • Like x 1
  8. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

And one more thing, Celestial (didnt tested out but probably Rage & Hard Light too) is able to regenerate SC while just comboing without hitting any NPC. Only thing required is you have to be on combat mode. So for example while you healing far away from actual fight place, the combos you are doing will regenerate your SC which is advantage compared to other Healer powersets. SC artifact is very useful for 2nd slot ;)
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

This is the case with water as well, with tsunami strikes. Tested it out yesterday after you posted this.
  10. Tilz Loyal Player

would be bad, if you would have to be midrange for some skills to work (AcB).. :D
    Before the revamp you could even regern SC with AcB using by just standing around in the HQ or while waiting in instances.

11. Tilz Loyal Player

I might try to get some data together regarding the powercosts for celestial (and especially for the combos).

I remember that Remander did something like that with healing per target and powercost (or something like that).
    I think comparing other powersets and celestial could help getting a reduced combocost in healer role?
  12. Tilz Loyal Player

Short question. Are the base heal numbers from Charmed per Tick? Talking about the HoTs. :)
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Charm actually did something similar to this with Perfection (Celestial Powers on the forums) during Revamp testing, they went through and compared healing cost efficiency of all healing powers and Celestial ended up going way over and we still haven't received any power cost changes, instead they fixed a bug and bumped it up to 200 making it worse... Lol

Honestly I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards overall healing, cause she ranted about the HoT from RcC being strong and very situational
    • Like x 1
  14. Tilz Loyal Player

Damn.. i begin to enjoy celestial more and more.. every day lol :D
  15. DBradleyN New Player

TL;WR - Been gone, need battle healer loadout. Whats gud?

I haven't been a dedicated player since Prison Break/Phantom Zone. I don't know what's what anymore with skill point focus, artifacts, and changes to the generator trinkets/mods. All of these changes are (hopefully) for the better but I'm really lost right now.

So for battle healing, is McB not viable anymore? That was my bread and butter back in the day because I loved how power efficient I could be but this guide doesn't really talk about it.

Also, I'm not sure what weapon combos to use, or if I should even be using skill points on them at all. Scissor Kick clipping was my go-to before but I'm just not sure about anything anymore.

Thanks in advance to everyone still working on these guides. I guess Fatal Star is the new Remander?
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Fatal Star is Fatal Star and Remander is Remander :p

I talk a little about battle healing here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-post-stats-revamp.289905/page-2#post-4008084

It is a little out dated though since I made it when the cap on each stats bubble was only 175. I'll get around to updating the guide as a whole eventually.

Long story short though, McB is garbage
    • Like x 2
  17. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I had an interesting experience tonight...I solo tanked two of the bosses in the Wayne Manor duo (Killer Croc was the only one that my teammate stayed up in) while in healer role using BcDM, RcC, Hard Light Shield, and otherwise just spamming tap ranged. Only other thing I did was call my sidekick to help with damage output. I had no idea Celestial could have that kind of survivability.
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

[IMG] [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Drathmor Unwavering Player

agreed as the class was designed to be the first truly battle spec power it should remain a capable way to play much like atomic and earth have currently. they should rethink the damage restrictions on the moves.. I will never understand the DPS mindset of "oh your a tank or a healer you shouldn't be able to do quasi close to the same damage as me its not fair :rolleyes: " because we all know how completing content easier and more efficiently is a bad thing right!!!
    • Like x 1
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

always be able to perform your role first!! then at that point if you still require a challenge or playing older content then go for it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.