A Corrupted Guide to Celestial- Post-Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Fatal Star, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Copied from discord:

The C mod is healing conservative and the D mod is Field medic
    • Like x 1
  2. Revoemag Committed Player

Great guide, great effort.

I ask if it's possible to add the combo (tap/ hold) right after the description of the power - like Charmed Legacy did. Also what the combo does( ex.adds dot), I had to go to the old guide to get this information.

Great guide over all.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's in my plans to go back and update the individual abilities list at some point. It's so limited now because Microsoft word restricted so much to one page, the forums have a lot more leeway so I can fit more information on them.

Just need to find the time (and motivation lol) to sit down and do it. Will probably be soon
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

I see so little love for Curse, but it is the other half of Renew, so it's always via combo on your loadout in Heal mode (with no damage loss for Healer mode), and is the fastest low-cost spam Celestial has in DPS... with no interruption and no combo necessary.

It's a finisher - on adds, on bosses, without the chanelling of Defile, and massively more versatile - with a self-heal on top when your target dies.
  5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Updated DPS load out:

I've switched out Defile for Freezing Breath. Handy-er for elite raids when you have more distance from JQ and Ultraman as examples.
    Defile was single target, with less reach and only more effective when enemies under 35% health rather than anyways.

So my PFTT DPS load out is as follows:

Haunt, Sacred Light, Plague, Consume Soul, Freezing Breath, Cursed Idol.

Alienna's damage becoming very strong with this load out currently - although skill is also important, clipping at right times and when to do certain powers in certain situations. Celestial I'd confidently say is a top tier power now for DPS but not OP imo.

I'd still recommend Defile in a Cele PFTT load out, as it can still be part of a strong Celestial DPS load out and do good damage. But from experience Freezing Breath is much better especially for elite raids.
    • Like x 1
  6. MastaMind Dedicated Player

It is my second highest character, but I seriously cannot figure out this power >_<
    • Like x 1
  7. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Healing or dps?
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

4 years maining it, and writing a guide on it, I'm still trying to figure celestial out. Don't feel too bad lol.
    • Like x 2
  9. Tilz Loyal Player

Same here.. kinda. With more breaks.
    Gonna work on loadouts soon and maybe I get some stuff you might like.. idk

Have some ideas on healing loadouts though
  10. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I am able to halfway decent as a healer just because to some extent every single healing power is the same or at least capable of being the same. However, since the character is "on the come up" and will have to run solo content and whatnot; I definitely need to focus on the DPS side of things. I don't care about chasing scoreboards. It is just sad that I can take a character that is not even half the CR or SP of this guy and survive a million times better. Literally. I have very slowly been overwriting the healer gear. I read this guide and I was confused with the loadout because it would list far more moves then what I could fit on the rotation lol. I later came to understand that they were referencing the combos that could be done, but I was unable to figure which moves needed to be where. I've been doing a bit better by just doing melee, range, hold melee after every single power I use. It is doing stuff but I am not sure what exactly.

Its just that I was able to figure out Rage, Light, and literally every single other power aside from the 2 that I have not yet completed (Mental/Fire). It is an insanely confusing power to say the least.
  11. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Merry Christmas to my favorite players in the game!!! ;) :p :)
    • Like x 2
  12. velvetsanity Loyal Player

merry christmas to my favorite guide writers :D
    • Like x 2
  13. Tilz Loyal Player

Also merry Christmas from the EU celestial front :)
    • Like x 2
  14. Tilz Loyal Player

I have played around a bit with my singletarget dps.
    Maybe fatal can check out that loadout to get some comparison (since I only run on 18,2k might lol).

Rotation:
    DLcP / Malediction / BcM / RcW / RcW / HV / repeat.

For clipping stuff like soda, SC (i use NVM) you cn do it between Male and BcM
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

Neat might wanna try it. I had my best results with:

SC gen / Divine Light / Heat Vision / Defile / Neo venom Boost / shield.

Like the SC gen with NVB and it goes smoothly into the rotation.

Don't have a pc where i am but it is pretty much 1234 and then go by priority for what comes off of cool down. Prio 1 HV, Prio 2 DLcP, Prio 3 Defile.
    The SC generator is a filler when the CDs are 1s longer. Usually you use it before DL or HV.

Haven't tested the new HV on PCT. Tho NVB still lookd better than the Celestial SCs
  16. Tilz Loyal Player

I'm gaming craptop, so i can take it with me during holidays and stuff.. :D

Might wanna try that out. :)
    Even without the Sc gen the sc fills sooo fast.
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

My loadout is always changing according to what I feel like using, what's interesting though, I've done a lot of testing and using heat vision while rotating RcW when it's on cooldown, will lead to the same base damage as just spamming RcW.

For single target, I pull out DcPL, then clip malediction with BcM for two extra single target dots, then go to town with heat vision and RcW with robot sidekick on the side doing work, at full range that rotation can parse at almost 12k on single. If I took heat vision out and just spammed RcW instead it would still be around 11k. Would be more if you rotated in PcDL after every second RcW. So to be honest, I think celestial without heat vision is fine.

What I want to see an improvement on is AoE damage, a good rage or earth will leave you in the dust with a lot of adds, but that's mainly due to the lack of melee ranged combos, we only have DMcB and that can be tricky cause if you use it with a healers shield on you, it'll last the entire duration of the healer shield before blowing up. I'm gonna try to rally for AcB/BcA to get turned into melee combos again to give us more of a boost on aoe.
    • Like x 1
  18. Revoemag Committed Player

Question. Is a all cursed or all blessed loadout a true possibility? Im a little roleplay, and I want to have my hero pure blessed and my villain pure cursed loadout. This would be regarding the dps role for raids.
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yes to both. Your damage wouldn't be the absolute best that Celestial can do, but it would still be decent.

All cursed, try:
    PcDL (PI + good everywhere), DMcB (melee aoe + mild protection), CScWoTP (good everywhere), BcA (AoE), defile or WcR (additional PI), cursed idol

All blessed, try:
    AcB (adds + good everywhere), WoTPcCS (mid-range spammer), DLcP (single target DoT), RcW (ranged spammer), ScH (ranged), Blessing (combo optional)
    • Like x 2
  20. E Clip Dedicated Player

I came back after a 2 year break and in these 3-4 weeks I tried different things. For the most part I've been using a ST rotation similar to Shimaera's: DLcP - HV - PcDL - HV, basically prioritize HV and use the most potent damaging moves in between. In Pano E i do great, 1st or a very close 2nd against fully modded 225+ while Im still at 222 unmodded. I lose on damage in hallways on adds, but on bosses my damage is always higher than the rest.

HV is just too good at the moment not to use it. Im not a fan of using HV, but it nets the highest damage, in my experience it even outperforms Defile on below 35% targets by a small margin. I havent been on test to try a rotation with the adjusted HV cd, but in theory I should be able to do the same rotation and sneak in a RcW in between or any other prefered combo (like WotPcCS if midrange is preferred).

I still struggle in content where adds make up the larger HP pool of the raid, I go with DL - PcDL - 2xWotPcCS - PcDL, but I cant match powersets like Rage, Munitions and Electricity. Im thinking of swapping out CI for maybe NVB, and see how that compares. Has anyone tested CI vs NVB or at least in theory what is better?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.