A Community For Everyone

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Every action is done by humans.
    • Like x 5
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We decide what is and is not hate speech, or whatever. It's not very complicated. Believing what you want is not our issue. Saying it out loud, if it is hateful or violates the other guidelines, is.
    • Like x 9
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Toxic.
    • Like x 9
  4. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

You could easily ignore them or report them for starting the argument, not sure about the confusion. You replying back instead of blocking or reporting makes you just as guilty as the person you are fighting with.
    • Like x 2
  5. Eve YouTuber

As Psycho said, put them on ignore. Replying makes things much worse for both of you. You will be just as guilty for this.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ntwydimela Active Player

My question is does Toxicity include the offensive names that people have been allowed to create over the years, or just various chat room dialogue. Will this also apply to the forums as well, I know the code of conduct has been in place since the beginning but the reality is after 10 years this is where we are now so my interest is in the WAY you devs will establish the new world of DCUO. I think it would be helpful and beneficial for a 2021 update of the standards and values that you intend to preserve for vets and new players alike to be on the same page going forward
  7. Eve YouTuber

These people don't matter. This is why you should report, ignore and move on. Replying to them makes it worse, you are here to have fun and enjoy the game not to fight with people. I dealt with my share of toxicity here as well and was harassed in game two years ago,
    I reported and ignored and never had this issue again. I used to want to reply all the time but I figured It's not worth my time and efforts and moved on. I have better things to do than fight with people online. Trust me when you report to support they go into details on the matter and deal with the problem. They helped me before especially with situations like this. If people get banned or not that's not my problem. It's their problem for behaving this way and should face the consequences.

I'm a content creator for the game (on my free time, not sponsored) I dealt with my share of toxicity and ignorance and ungratefulness.
    Influence? I don't even think of that. My biggest reason to be apart of the community is to want to help and that was always my top priority. Literally people think that what I say go for the Devs and It's false. I don't tell them what to do, I have no effect on what they are gonna do, but people think that so they give me crap about it. People always have what to say, good or bad. It's how you take it and deal with it that matters.

So my advice is to just put them on ignore, it doesn't matter what they say or do. Let support deal with them if they find them to be toxic or breaking the rules.
    • Like x 2
  8. Siramez Well-Known Player

tl;dr for those, hes rich, give him money and he will give you any item that you need.
    • Like x 1
  9. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Sounds like someone has a God complex. You may think what you have matters, but it does not. The devs treat all players equally & you must follow the rules like everyone else, regardless of which way you may try to spin it. That post alone shows a severe amount of toxicity
    • Like x 2
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You being in game rich doesn’t have any kind of effect on what is and isn’t considered toxic behavior. If someone messages you something worth reporting than you have the option to either replay and become guilty too, report, or ignore. You having money doesn’t give you any leeway with the rules. So if you reply and say something that does go against the rules while the person you replied to didn’t than you risk getting yourself banned.
    • Like x 1
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Probably the paragraph of you saying how rich and how important you are? Not sure thou
    • Like x 1
  12. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

As you clearly typed out you would pay ppl to break the rules for you & that you are a past offender already. Ok.
    • Like x 1
  13. Eve YouTuber

You don't have to report, but the ignore option is there if you are not interested in further interaction. But this whole debate seems abit weird to me. If you are being toxic in return you are being toxic and expose yourself to be in trouble. This is not "Snitching" to report players being either racist or harassing others. If it doesn't bother you just ignore and move on with your day if you are so worried to get in trouble.
    • Like x 1
  14. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

If thats the case, you use the IGNORE feature. If you are sincerely worried about playerbase & not looking for excuses to break ToS, ignore. You wont have to see a comment & that person stays. Simple
    • Like x 2
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

As psycho said you can just add them to ignore. I personally never heard of you. But than against I don’t have trade chat open so I wouldn’t have heard of you. But you being in game rich is not something you can be banned for. People can report you all they want and nothing will happen. It’s when you break the TOS and get reported when you run the risk of getting banned. You can say you’re a target all you want but that won’t mean anything if you aren’t doing anything bad. If you are than yes you can get banned. It’s not a hard concept to grasp.

Follow the rules = don’t get banned.
    Break the rules = risk getting banned.

Doesn’t matter if you started it or not. That’s how it works.
    • Like x 3
  16. Eve YouTuber

That's supports decision as to what is toxic or not I can't answer that for you. I can only say that I usually report racism and harassment towards other players in chat when I see it. I don't involve myself with people that I know that act like that because that's just not me.
    I'm guessing a simple "Shut up" is not a big deal but I can't tell you that for sure since I am not support and not Mepps. But if you say that's all that is then personally I think you'll be fine.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.