A Community For Everyone

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hraesvelg Always Right

To use a shorthand phrase from US legal history, "I know it when I see it."

Welcome to life on this planet. No human is unbiased. At the end of the day, it will come down to the decision of the moderation team. There is very little in life that is absolutely objective outside of mathematics. Every individual is a bundle of neurons firing inside a vat of chemicals and will view a certain set of information in a slightly different perspective. A consensus must be reached, and that will be done inside the moderation team. If the group attempts to take into account every single player's perspective, no consensus will ever be reached, because there will always be a contingent of malcontents and n'er-do-wells being contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian.

If you don't like the decisions the team makes? You're free to not participate in the community they want to cultivate. You're also free to express your views in avenues you are able to access, which might not be the ones provided by a company.
    • Like x 3
  2. Shazam Well-Known Player

So as long as its what the company want its accepted, but if it goes against it, its not. That is quite a slippery slope and again will empower one said to report anything that isn't considered company accepted. We have all seen things are racist, homophobia, and flat out not acceptable in chats. Those I'm not worried about and should be dealt with. I'm more concerned with someone that may just say hey I don't agree with x or y, but then is called names, harassed, by other players for not believing in what they disagreed with. Who gets punished then? The reporter, the player who just simply disagreed, or the other players who started calling the disagreement player names? I see this quite often in Metropolis and Gotham shouts.
  3. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Sorry if this was already stated, but to which address should we report Gold Sellers? I feel like they're toxic cheaters...
    • Like x 1
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Every action is done by humans.
    • Like x 5
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We decide what is and is not hate speech, or whatever. It's not very complicated. Believing what you want is not our issue. Saying it out loud, if it is hateful or violates the other guidelines, is.
    • Like x 9
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Toxic.
    • Like x 9
  7. TheRealDemon Dedicated Player

So if someone says something inappropriate towards me and if I reply with "shut up","go outside", hush clown", I'll be alright as long as what they start the argument right? Like on some rare occasions a player appears that's feeling confident and feeling bold so they challenge me. I just want to make sure that as long as I don't initiate the argument that I will not be in trouble.
  8. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

You could easily ignore them or report them for starting the argument, not sure about the confusion. You replying back instead of blocking or reporting makes you just as guilty as the person you are fighting with.
    • Like x 2
  9. Zoe· Content Creator

As Psycho said, put them on ignore. Replying makes things much worse for both of you. You will be just as guilty for this.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheRealDemon Dedicated Player

It's not that simple I'll explain tomorrow morning I'm tired.
  11. Ntwydimela Active Player

My question is does Toxicity include the offensive names that people have been allowed to create over the years, or just various chat room dialogue. Will this also apply to the forums as well, I know the code of conduct has been in place since the beginning but the reality is after 10 years this is where we are now so my interest is in the WAY you devs will establish the new world of DCUO. I think it would be helpful and beneficial for a 2021 update of the standards and values that you intend to preserve for vets and new players alike to be on the same page going forward
  12. TheRealDemon Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    Let's see how do I put it. I have a very strange position in the community on NA hero side. Depending on who you ask about me I'm a great person ,or the Devil himself. You see the difference between me and a normal player is what I have. I'm known as the richest player in the game, and I have a collection of the rarest names. While I am loved there are those who are envious of me and with good reason. In the past I've pissed others off without even knowing it. An example would be I had a item that's worth billions, but the price is to high thus the buyer is angry and still is. I understand not having much in game currency as even I was very poor in game at one time. You see that's why I usually sympathize with the community by granting them items they desire. I've done so many trades to where I have influence in trades between players. People often ask me to middleman an item that's worth over the trade cap in order to make sure there is no scam. I mean in a way it's pretty ridiculous like I have everything a player could want money,status,and influence. People will do anything for DC cash even things that go against their morales. These days I try to relax, but it's not easy there's multiple things I have to handle that's business related. I'm not like getting super harassed, or anything just like maybe a couple of people being annoying on a alt trying to get me to catch my final strike. I could report, but I realized getting someone banned is bad for business when it comes to Daybreak. Mepps, Red Five, and those other people work hard to bring us a awesome experince on Dcuo. I'm forever grateful which is why I cleaned up my act and no longer break tos.Like even if I don't like somebody I still consider what they contribute to the game so I let it go. Idk I'm just not use to dealing with disrespect, because I was always able to handle players in my own way rather it's me talking trash back, or influencing their time on hero side by destroying their potential trades thus drying up their DC cash. I just want to be able to defend myself you know? I mean it's funny that even on these fourms people try me just because Mepps is watching so if I hurt their feelings I'm in the wrong, but in game their as quite as a mouse. It's a ego thing honestly, but not only that I just have anger issues in general. I'm just trying to find a solution to this problem without breaking terms of service. I could pay players to talk trash back for me, but that may be considered "toxic behavior". It's really just a complicated situation. I'm just a player I'm not above the rules, or anything like that. It's just beyond frustrating I have to be super careful when replying to people
  13. Zoe· Content Creator

These people don't matter. This is why you should report, ignore and move on. Replying to them makes it worse, you are here to have fun and enjoy the game not to fight with people. I dealt with my share of toxicity here as well and was harassed in game two years ago,
    I reported and ignored and never had this issue again. I used to want to reply all the time but I figured It's not worth my time and efforts and moved on. I have better things to do than fight with people online. Trust me when you report to support they go into details on the matter and deal with the problem. They helped me before especially with situations like this. If people get banned or not that's not my problem. It's their problem for behaving this way and should face the consequences.

I'm a content creator for the game (on my free time, not sponsored) I dealt with my share of toxicity and ignorance and ungratefulness.
    Influence? I don't even think of that. My biggest reason to be apart of the community is to want to help and that was always my top priority. Literally people think that what I say go for the Devs and It's false. I don't tell them what to do, I have no effect on what they are gonna do, but people think that so they give me crap about it. People always have what to say, good or bad. It's how you take it and deal with it that matters.

So my advice is to just put them on ignore, it doesn't matter what they say or do. Let support deal with them if they find them to be toxic or breaking the rules.
    • Like x 2
  14. Siramez Well-Known Player

tl;dr for those, hes rich, give him money and he will give you any item that you need.
    • Like x 1
  15. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Sounds like someone has a God complex. You may think what you have matters, but it does not. The devs treat all players equally & you must follow the rules like everyone else, regardless of which way you may try to spin it. That post alone shows a severe amount of toxicity
    • Like x 2
  16. DeitySupreme Loyal Player

You being in game rich doesn’t have any kind of effect on what is and isn’t considered toxic behavior. If someone messages you something worth reporting than you have the option to either replay and become guilty too, report, or ignore. You having money doesn’t give you any leeway with the rules. So if you reply and say something that does go against the rules while the person you replied to didn’t than you risk getting yourself banned.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheRealDemon Dedicated Player

What part of "I'm just a player I'm not above the rules, or anything like that" did you not understand?
  18. DeitySupreme Loyal Player

Probably the paragraph of you saying how rich and how important you are? Not sure thou
    • Like x 1
  19. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

As you clearly typed out you would pay ppl to break the rules for you & that you are a past offender already. Ok.
    • Like x 1
  20. TheRealDemon Dedicated Player

Yeah, but I'm not going to snitch on my fellow players. It hurts the game and that's not what I'm trying to see. People already brag about trying to get others in trouble and it's ridiculous. I'd rather handle the situation myself. Me reporting a player over calling me a name is like me calling the cops over a argument. It's unnecessary for me to go that far.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.