A Chilly Guide to Everything Ice

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Radium, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Radium Devoted Player

lol Base means just the power with no gear on, no modifier, no SP, Nothing.
    There's a formula for Might that can tell you what the power would hit like when using Base with whatever your Might is. That won't include a modifier or crits either.

I'll get you learnin yet College boy.
  2. Peacemakaz Committed Player

lol I meant I have no idea what that means to us players with 1800-2100 might because I don't how it scales.

Edit: removed smiley, prefer emoticons over those smilies lol, and that one looked too fruity.
  3. Apple Drops New Player

I made a fresh lvl 30 ice dps for the upcoming ice and fire update, that and also because I like playing the underdog and my gadget dps is no longer that lol. Current loadout is:

Wintry Tempest - Bitter Winds - Reflection - Resonating Gale - Impaling Ice - Ice Bash

I like resonating gale since it reminds me of gauss grenade or napalm bomb from gadgets with its burst damage without the dots and also has quite a large AOE on it. Only problem is that its a little slow at the end of the animation and I wound up standing around for a second unable to do anything else. Is there a way to speed up the animation so that little end bit doesn't happen? Or will they slightly increase the animation or get rid of that end piece so I don't stand around? Throws off my rhythm still sometimes when I can't immediately attack after using it.
  4. Radium Devoted Player

Believe me I've tried with Res Gale, can't be jump cancaled while still being able to attack.

Stuck with what it does unfortunatly.
  5. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Do you think you'll be able to clip it with the new ice bash? Or can you clip it with a consumable?
  6. AIpha New Player

you can clip it with icebash now
  7. Radium Devoted Player

Definatly with with Ice Bash, but a consumable doesn't offer much more time saved I find.
  8. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Can any of my fellow tanks give me some info:
    I need to know the name of the Tank FOS1 trinket and stats (on use not equipped stats)
    Name of either the halloween or summer season Tank trinket and the stats (on use not equipped stats)
  9. Radium Devoted Player

Sentinels Sunken Ruin - 246 Def on activation.
    Energized Shard of the Defender - 845 Health
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

so any word on when this update goes live..i was assuming this tuesday..(tomorrow) but i have a feeling it wont be til next week
  11. Radium Devoted Player

They said that more changes are on the way, I wouldn't expect to see it until next week at the earliest.
  12. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I think this Friday is a safe bet if they follow precedence
  13. Fame96 New Player

I'm abit new to ice dps coming from being a lightning dps. Could you possibily recommend a ranged ice dps loadout that doesn't have any flight powers in it? I've been experimenting and I can't make a decent loadout that fits me.
  14. FeelsGood New Player

Ice dps and range just isn't a option right now
  15. Radium Devoted Player

For range after the update you'll have a few nice options.

Wintery Tempest, Frost Blast and Impaling Ice are your 3 best range moves. Right now for range Ice Bash will get a nice few procs of damage, after the update it gets even better with crit chance and crit damage buffs.

You could run a SC from Ice after the update as well. Blizzard is a nice aoe move and freeze ray is a great single target damager. If you hit any of those use the new Ice Bash before it.

For a last move you could use Res Gale or Frost Snipe. Again, Res Gale is the better power for multiple enemys and Frost Snipe is a stronger single target power.

Try hitting Wintery Tempest, clipping the animation with Ice Bash and then using Frost Blast. Its an old Fire DPS rotation that didn't translate as well to Ice but will after the update drops.
  16. Apple Drops New Player

I found that reflection clips resonating gale really well. Forgot that offensive powers can be clipped with support ones lol. Also found that if I jump while using gale, I can get a very small leeway into resuming attacking again. Its still clunky but the image of seeing my character moving around instead of standing there is probably tricking my mind that at least I'm moving lol.
    • Like x 1
  17. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

On the test server and when the update comes, I would actually prefer Snow Devil over Wintry Tempest myself. For one thing, it's cheaper for me in power points especially since I use Shatter Restraints as a backup break out move. It's not always reliable though as it tends to move from place to place, but with a 45-second timer on it, it actually provides the longest time inflicting frostbite. It also keeps my opponents levitated and distracted for me too, a perfect time to use Frost Blast without the help of a tank.
  18. Radium Devoted Player

Whats the range on when it inflicts FrostBite?

Does it act as a single target PI inflicter or does it have its own AOE?
  19. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

It's a passive aura ability called Chilling Touch. Anytime the Snow Devil is close by, it inflicts frostbite on someone. The range seems smaller than Bitter Winds though, which is why it's not as reliable.
  20. Radium Devoted Player

So we got a little surprise in the update dropping today. Patch notes still aren't here yet but with whats been updated it looks pretty good.

I'm dling now and going to play around a bit. If anyone wants to hit me up in game and try some stuff out just send me a tell and we can start a chat channel.

Which reminds me, this weekend I'll be opening up a private chat on Friday Saturday and Sunday for Ice users to join, I'll be keeping it up for about an hour so people can go through anything they've learned and share with others. I pretty well think I'm going to be limiting my raiding this week to mess around with everything so I'd like some of everyones input on how they are liking the changes.

Just send me a PM on here for the name and the time it'll be open. I'll be taking notes and posting after for people who can't make it in.