A Chilly Guide to Everything Ice

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Radium, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Radium Devoted Player

Roughly a 20%-25% increase, not too bad at all. Non-Interacted stayed the same I'm guessing?
  2. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Yep. Regular damage is the same as always. Which is alright considering how it's still on par with Telekinetic Bolt.
  3. recespieces31 New Player

Ahh, good to see our guide is back open Flynn...now I just got to find out where I put some of my Tank loadouts so you can post them

Ice4lyfe!!!!!!
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

as far as resto is concerned for shields does that mean...it would be beneficial to mod into resto some where in your gear..as a tank?
  5. Radium Devoted Player

If they keep it as it is on Test right now, absolutely, but not by a whole lot.

Mods for Resto/Whatever give out 24 Resto while mods for Dom/whatever give 11, double in Tank Role give 22.

SP-wise, its a toss up as well. 15 Resto each point compared to 14 Dom each point. Not a huge difference either way.
  6. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

You get free 797 Resto at level 30 though. Back when shields used only 13.5% of your Resto, that only translated to +107 shield health.
  7. Captain Hail Level 30

Ehh...this guide is ok, but you probably should of waited until after GU 23 before posting this. It seems like it could confuse new people that read it between now and GU23, since it looks like we are getting quite a few changes for ice.
  8. Radium Devoted Player

The guides been up for months, when the update drops with final notes is when it'll change.
  9. Captain Hail Level 30

You know what I mean, we have a whole new forum setup for this game. You could've waited it to post this guide, posting it early when it will be changed in a couple of days makes no sense. It just leads to a lot of inaccuracies for ice...smh -_-'
  10. recespieces31 New Player

That doesn't change the fact that right now this guide is accurate for how the Ice mechanics are working currently...this guide will definitely be updated after the final patch notes are released to reflect the new mechanics...the numbers and how powers perform in actual instances will be posted after extensive testing
  11. Radium Devoted Player

You're arguing over trivial stuff now. I post it now and edit as I go or post it later when it gets done.
    The amount of information that's changing isn't going to be overly significant where it could ruin someones gameplay, mechanics stay the same for both roles, so I decided to leave it up for people to find information from.
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

the way my tank gear is set up right now...i have dom and health in blues... dom and power in yellows and in my reds i put dom and health cause i dont care if i have might or precision at all..but now i can see someone putting resto and health in the reds since the affinity i think is health ..and you actually get more then what theaffinity provides in the mod
  13. imafoxgrr New Player

Any suggestions for Modding for Ice Tanks right now (before this up coming patch)?
  14. GermanM Committed Player

a question, my ice tank have more then 7100 of defense with the ice tank buff, should i continue adding defense or i can focus in another things? tnx
  15. Radium Devoted Player

If you're going for just straight Tank role you could go with Dom/Health right across the board, affinites aren't really worth squat for any Tank, although I suggest modding yellows with Dom/Power for a small boost since we have the lowest power pool in the game.

If you want too mix it up a bit though you could also try putting Dom/Precision or Dom/Might mods in your gear while using the Core Strength base mod. Core strength gets rid of the damage reduction for Tanks so at least now you get full use of damage mods.
  16. Radium Devoted Player

Since T4 content is unknown to people you could always go for more. Defense is a pretty natural growing stat for all Tanks so you never really have to force yourself to spec into it so-to-speak. Although if your talking SP wise, at 7100 I'd make sure to get your Dom bubbles before finishing off your Def bubbles.

Don't forget that when GU23 drops Resto will count 100% towards your shields like Dom does. If you want stronger shields go for all those 2 stats.
  17. Peacemakaz Committed Player

Can someone get the damage of the PI AoE field in? I am not sure how far away the GU is, but I am sure all us ice users would enjoy the numbers, especially with info like your current might/modifier up when using it.
  18. Radium Devoted Player

Base is 2-5 damage right now on test. Stacking is gone with it though. I'm not smart enough to figure out how much 1.9-2k Might affects it though. As for a modifier, I'm unsure. Something I'll check when its live unless someone checks it on test.
  19. Vexedbit Well-Known Player

Thanks Flynn for bringing this over. Just rolled an Ice Tank last week and this guide helped me tremendously.
  20. Peacemakaz Committed Player

Lol stacking...that would have been interesting if that went through.

And yea, I have no idea what that means...but i will ask around and hopefully someone can translate that for me...