96 Gear in new dlc

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrLobo, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Veritech Loyal Player

A group of 106/107 could do it, might take a bit longer though.
    Your perspective would be I get carried through everything seeing as I'd be at the bottom of the scoreboard as a tank.

I never mentioned HoP alert drops, I said vendor.

Bottom line stays the same - nothing to cry about here
  2. ChuckLess New Player

Why they would change from this format is beyond me. This is exactly how it should always be.
    • Like x 1
  3. Redman_x Well-Known Player

I was really looking forward to the loot in this latest DLC and so far I am very disappointed.

The raids and alerts both drop useless gear. The alerts drop cr gear equal to the last DLC's alerts. And the current raid drops are worse than the gear you purchase. It makes no sense.

This games current loot system for end game content is the worst of any game I have ever played.
  4. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

AF I, HoP I, and WotL II people complained about the loot system. You either get gear or Mark. Prior to that people complained that the gear was for another role. Fast forward to AF II and here we are again and people are complaining.

First off, the loot drop for the 98 feels worst than the loot drop for the 96 and 93 gear from the prior DLC. If anything the loot drop for 98 gear should be increased.

Onto the next topic and that is Vendor gear vs. Raid gear. I have seen more post here asking for vendor gear to be equal to or greater than raid gear, this takes players back to the time of FOS and most of T4. Now best gear comes from raid and the drop system mechanic is just horrible. Now let's back up for a second to review what has been discuss and where some improvement can be made.

Alerts: Horrible implementation of new loot system
    Raids: People don't mind the update as it is better than some extra marks, according to most.
    Gear: Alerts Gear < Vendor gear < Raid < Elite Raid

This is what players want and have been asking for within this game

Alerts: Gear or Marks
    Raids: Gear and no extra marks (if I cannot get the x level gear give me a piece from the alert)
    Gear Item Level: Alert < Raid <= Vendor < Elite Raid

The thoughts above will satisfy the masses. The elite crowd can still pick up the best gear and those who don't run it still will have some good gear. Developers please listen to the masses here.

I am honestly wondering if there is only a select few you listen too.
  5. Prosser Dedicated Player

Completely different scenario. That was going from tier five to tier six, this is still tier six though. With the next dlc, tier seven starts, and at that point we will most likely see 100 or 101 drop from the basic content in it.
  6. DrLobo New Player

I'm willing to bet you got carried. And full group of 106/7 are not beating new content. Unless they have nice Sp.

No you didn't.
    Bottom line- no one WANTS crappy old gear in new dlc.
  7. DrLobo New Player

Each dlc is basically a new dlc with better gear so no, not a diff scenario. And if we get 100 gear, wanna bet it'll be new style?
  8. Kal~el Committed Player

I agree. People want to be rewarded for their accomplishments. How is giving them gear they already received in a previous DLC a reward?

Should have been 98.
  9. Prosser Dedicated Player

It's still the same tier though, unlike your example of WotL1 - AF1.

Remember, the current system is designed so if someone wants to they can skip a dlc, hence the reason 106 is the entry for this DLC. So if someone skipped WotL2 and came right from HoP1, then that 96 gear would be an upgrade for them.

You also seem to be ignoring the fact that 98 gear does drop in the alerts, roughly at the same rate that 96 gear dropped in WotL2, and 93 gear in HoP1. The 96 gear is simply filler since people didn't want marks as drops. You can't honestly expect that every single boss in each alert should drop an upgraded piece of gear every single time you run it o_O

Rather then complaining about the 96 gear, you should really be angered at the people that bitched and moaned about the extra mark drops. If not for them, the alerts would only drop 98 gear, and then marks would be the common drop.
  10. Xibo Loyal Player

Thinking well, WOTL2 could be skipped.
  11. FearsomeScarecrow Well-Known Player

You just don't understand sarcasm & you just repeated what i posted.
  12. DrLobo New Player

No, I rarely comprehend "typed" sarcasm, badly written sarcasm at that if it was. And you seem to also lack comprehending skills, I merely added on to that.
  13. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Once again for those who are blaming those who complained about extra marks. The extra marks were not the full problem that was being complained about. It was the fact for some people extra marks were almost if not completely replacing the legit drops. By simply replacing the marks w/ cr@p gear they didn't actually address the whole problem and made things even worse.

PS. I did not complain about the extra marks but I completely understood why people did and I actually paid attention to the whole issue, not just the half that the devs decided to break even further
  14. Opamp Committed Player

I have a healer - who is CR112. He has some 100 gear, some 97 gear etc.

Now - with the 96 gear, my healer can DPS. I have plenty of gear for both roles, whereas before I didn't.

The problem I personally have is how difficult it is to Mod the gear. I wish the mods were cheaper.
  15. FearsomeScarecrow Well-Known Player

No, you did understand my sarcasm lol. You just labeled it "trolling". /facepalm

& you only repeated what I said. Reread what I've written in earlier post; you'll see I said that first. You didn't add anything but just rephrased what I posted.
  16. DrLobo New Player

I don't comprehend typed sarcasm you fool. Of course I'll label a stupid post sarcasm.

No actually I did not, I added on to it. Here, your lack of reading comprehension skills really show.