793 Pot Cap??

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by SumtegWong, Dec 5, 2016.

1. SumtegWong New Player

I've been testing my pot amount and i max out at 793 base pot after buff. I buffed up on a Omega and a Vit 8 soda and i hit 793 pot. I popped my trinket and still hit 793. I tried a Vit Oly soda with an Omega and still hit 793 and the same happens if I use my trinket. So why is there a cap on POT. I know i get crits and there in the thousands, but to be stuck at base 793.... I don't understand why????

My base pot without buff is 733.
    • Like x 1
  2. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

hmmm this is interesting
  3. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

There should be a cap on Restoration too.
  4. SumtegWong New Player

but they make gear and mods that can make use hit these numbers, but will cap you anyways.. It makes no sense..
    • Like x 1
  5. Here2Help Devoted Player

RIP. The 1000 pot tick will never happen unless they adjust or remove the cap.
  6. JasonIsley Devoted Player

7. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Well if people say it's too high there should be a cap on it.
  8. JasonIsley Devoted Player

that's not funny, you shouldn't joke about things like that
  9. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Pretty sure there's already diminishing returns after a certain amount. But who knows, they change things so often amd don't tell us it's hard to know whats what anymore.
    • Like x 1
  10. Here2Help Devoted Player

The amount gained from restoration diminishes after a set amount.

It was diminishing and still is.
  11. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Well that's stupid. Is there a cap on damage?
  12. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Quantums time bomb has a stupidly low cap. There also seems to be a cap on how big a single attack can hit but it's not reachable in end game for other powers. If you use one of the 1234 power sets on the 126cr sparring targets as a 188+ DPS and fully buff, you will see a 999999 cap on the big hitter, assuming you're lucky enough to get a crit that high.
  13. Tilz Loyal Player

Interesting with the PoT cap.
    There are rumours about a 20k resto cap. Nothing confirmed acutally.
  14. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Lower your CR by removing some gear. Then buff yourself to where you were hitting 793 and see if that changes. You might find something interesting.
    • Like x 1
  15. VV Dedicated Player

I'll break your quote down to make it easy.
  16. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

But surely it is stupidly low considering Mental and Gadgets can hit way above that Quantum cap, in end game, with less CR. I regularly hear people in league regularly commenting on 250-300k+ from Gadgets in UT from people under 189. How is hitting for around 85k at CR189 not responsible for Quantums under-performing? Even with 175% crit damage that still doesn't match a power that can add two shortcuts into the mix.

The second part, I'v been sent alot of screenshots with 999999 on people's parsers recently which is why I said "SEEMS to be", not 'is'... The health of the targets never occurred to me and I hadn't tested it myself in lower content, hence "seems". I wouldn't call "seems to be" or "not reachable in end game", "setting the forums on fire".
  17. VV Dedicated Player

The cap isn't stupidly low. Time bomb can hit 194K+ end game with proper use, I've been quantum and the only thing keeping me away from doing as much as I do with my mental is low base damage and not the cap. Also, 175% isn't the only modifier, there's core strength, critical warped reality, max damage etc. Quantum isn't on par with its dps because the loading powers don't hit as hard as others.

Also, I don't think MT can reach that high. They must be making fun /something.

And, it is setting forums on fire as how much discussion goes on about any DPS that hits +1 harder than it should. Don't feel defensive, I wasn't trying to make you feel like you're less intelligent. I was just pointing out how it'd effect the discussion. I'm not replying any further as it's detailing the thread's topic.

As for the PoT. There's SumTengWong with it.
  18. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Thats right :) thats why healers chase to gear up , use soders, trinkets ect . becouse they dream about cap .
    What is the point to have the best gear and drinking the best soder ?
    What is the point you playing this game ?
    I can imagine DPS cap no matter cr 10 or cr 190 cap is cap and power balance is solved right ? ^^^^^
    Where people get those ideas from ? and why devs listen those kind of people ?

Why people want to have best gear in vendor and 10 sec after they cry gear is to expensive ?
    That was a master piece bilions of RB sold :) no matter game became pay to win more then ever and we all know how its gona end.

DCUO need more ideas like that and people like you .

I got my own idea cap for RB but nah not on this forum here its not gona work :)
  19. Tilz Loyal Player

I think it's just misread or something.

I think Amanda is talking about a possible cap that could be there.
    Heared rumours about a cap at 20k restoration. But no1 found it/looked after it.
  20. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

as someone who has solo Heal'd OLYr, DWFr, and GOMr. with 10K resto on a toon that was 170-173 with 44sp. I don't think high resto is all too important. A cap wouldn't make too much of a difference.