6 Months in, and what do we have to show?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Masm, May 30, 2018.

1. Tocimus Committed Player

came back to the game before e3.
    just decided to finally play for sure again and hit the 1 year sub. not even 2 weeks after and i regret it heavily. would of rather spent it on Overwatch or another game putting out quality content.
  2. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Lol i didnt have to, the OP did it for me. By listening. Which was one of the corrections. To your po...... did you actually read it at all lol?

Swing and a miss with the other post btw, not just because you forgot to hit reply but also because you've made a terribly incorrect assumption about human behaviour. Bit of advice for the future, If you get far enough to end up in meetings in your job, dont just sit there and complain about certain scenarios and present no solutions. If you think the shy/introverts are the ones stuck in place and the above get anywhere, you're sadly mistaken. People can get over being quiet, cant get far with a reputation as a non-constructive know-it-all. Office politics, walls have ears etc.
    Not sure what the vendettas about but Im sure ill see you in the next thread lol. Have a good day.
  3. nawanda Loyal Player

I agree with the OP’s sentiment.

Nobody who can actually address any of these concerns will either take note or comment.

ALL they care about is papering over the cracks of their dismal business plan with more cash grabs. What a horrible business.
    • Like x 1
  4. thedemonocus Loyal Player

You guys all sound like battered wives,you keep getting let down by this game yet you still keep throwing money at it and hoping it will get better and than you get disappointed again and again.Its just like a battered wife who says ya he beats me but i think he can change so i'll stay with him.I used to be you guys saying maybe it will get better after this change and that change but it didn't ,it just got more grindy and money hungry sorta like that plant in that movie that wanted more and more blood.

I finally had enough and bailed 2 years ago.Every now and then i like to check in and see whats doing and i see the same stuff every time i do,people upset with the games direction and others defending it saying it will get better but it never gets better does it?I'm not going to tell you to quit the game or anything ,if you're having fun i say stay but if you're not having fun why are you punishing yourself?Just move on or take a break theres plenty of games in the sea.
    • Like x 2
  5. YinChakra Dedicated Player

This is essentially one of the reasons i stopped playing DCUO. It boils down to an extremely repetitive grind with an option to pay in order to reduce the length of the grind.

Along with friends and others quitting it was very hard to keep logging on. What really kept me playing was knowing how much money i've already spent and not wanting it to go to waste. Eventually i had to accept that i wasn't really enjoying the game anymore and spending more money would be pointless.

However i still come the forums occasionally to read in hopes of radical change. Time capsules were a great idea with awsome styles, but attaching feats to them is terrible. The recent BB auras look amazing i would definitely have bought them if i still played.

#AF2BESTDLC
    • Like x 4
  6. Isif Committed Player

It really is sad when you get some years into it and realize,"Maybe this is what Teddy meant by surrogate activity." Or I'm just old. Occasionally, I'll log on and twirl around in my base and look around. Life just takes over at some point and "feats", "achievements", and "trophies" just aren't that exciting anymore.
  7. IamINC Dedicated Player

Well said bud! I see so many well written threads containing constructive criticisms that seem to vanish once they pick up a little traction or before I can contribute to them , funny how that happens isn’t it?

OP - completely agree with your sentiments on DCUO , I to am a day one guy that barely has the will to log in , not because I don’t like the game but because it’s a snoozefest of recycled content and also the constant buy buy buy state we have currently.

A betting man would wager this thread to disappear mysteriously soon ....
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Agree with a majority of this. The hour and half play time hit home for me.
    • Like x 1
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the game is already dead. we just refuse to see that they're trying to get as much out of us before the final curtain because of our love for once was. i'm expecting the game to finally go down when DCU launches.
    • Like x 1
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

only the whales are voting with their wallets. and luckly for DC there are some fat whales out there obviously if those few are keeping the whole ship afloat
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I fear your right I feel they will try to push out a few more DLC's with more time capsules and artifacts in them but I know i keep having a harder and harder time getting my self to log in its getting more and more rare.. the only thing i feel that keeps us long timers coming back is the emotional connection.. the more time and money you spend in a game the more attached to it you are.. and im pretty attached in that regard. my groups tend to come back whenever new drops but we stay shorter and shorter every time and what we do get just can't hold us.

luckily some of us all play other stuff as it comes out together keeping us close outside of DC but without my friends i would cut ties not out of lack of love for the game. I have love hated this game for a long time and i will miss it when it does finnaly close shop but I just cant stand what it has turned into.. I feel we have been in a downhill spiral since SOE was sold that has only picked up speed since the Neverwinter light (time capsules and artifacts) came to our game .. I guess we will see what they come up with but we have all seen how the game has shifted its focus to monetization over game play . Im paid up for the year but i doubt ill play much unless friends are on. just my two cents
    • Like x 1
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

There's always a few things I try to keep in mind when it comes to what I expect out of the game and the updates that come with it.

• It's a seven year old game
    • It's one of many games under the Daybreak umbrella
    • It's a licensed game, which means Daybreak does not have full control/ownership of the game
    • It is not and never has been the sole focus of SOE/Daybreak
    I could go into more, but they'd probably just end up being able to fit under those four points in some way, shape or form. But having gone through a similar situation with SOE and Star Wars Galaxies back in the day, it does go a long way towards keeping my own expectations about the game at what I'd consider to be a reasonable level.
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

i really think the majority of those players are newer and just haven't seen the game long enough to know all that has changed and just like for all of us, in the beginning, this game is fantastic and tons to do, but when your living DLC to DLC long term you come to see its not enough especially once leagues fall apart and the people you spend your time with start disappearing
    • Like x 1
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

All im sayying is if people expected the game to improve for the better when the are raking in cash for doing minor skin additions that people spend more then they ever would on content..

• Like x 1
  15. Trexlight Devoted Player

Criticism is a two way street and it seems anyone who disagrees with the OP is surely going to get the "Dev's favorite" remarks. The OP makes good points but I also dont agree with his sentiment because I am still enjoying the game but thats me as a player and each of us are different. If youre not enjoying yourself then yeah, leaving is certainly the way to go. I have that relationship with WoW every year.

Keeping onto the discussion of what everyone has problems with, which this thread welcomes is fine but if someone chimes in with an opposite view and immediately gets attacked, its uncalled for and sullies the discussion trying to be discussed. I know, I'm throwing rocks at a glass house.

Content wise is a recycle from last year but that recycled content was gonna come sooner or later since the Community showed their displeasure with Major Events so even if this came in Episode 31, 32 or 40, there was no stopping it and we would probably start having threads around now with "Where's Starro? Where are the feats?".

To the folks who are still enjoying the game and wanting to chime in here, you dont have "attack" the OP. He shared his viewpoints, he isnt happy. You can rebutable what you enjoy but his complaints arent as far fetched as a lot of folks. Just be respectful...or try to, its the internet.
    • Like x 4
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i just resubbed up for a month a few days ago and i've clocked in about an hours worth of gameplay since. didn't log on at all yesterday. i haven't run any raids in weeks.

the revamp needs revamping. it is a fail. no other change made to this game has been given as much weight or consideration before being changed. powers are still broken. healers and controllers don't strive for vitalization and restoration any more. tanks have been made op. no damage modifiers, no thinking, no variety. no fun. even the new skill point boards (they aren't trees anymore) are counterproductive from a new players perspective.

easy to obtain gear and purchased cr jumps may contribute to players skipping over old content but its the fact that dps'ing now sucks unless you follow a few choice cookie cutter loadouts or rely on one broken weapon move is whats driving players away. Its a cracked foundation. the worst out of any changes brought to gameplay.

i wish i took a screen shot of it. few nights ago i saw a shout in lfg that was meant to be private. i'm paraphrasing it here but it was a player basically telling the group "I'm quantum. i don't want to dps".

that sums up the fail of the revamp right there.

if combat was more fun, if it made more sense (because as it is right now my power. mental. makes zero sense) i think players would be more inclined to be queing up for old content and there would be more groups forming for recent content instead of just abandoning it.
  17. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Just put in some Detective Chimp content
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Nope, none of the original post is valid feedback. It's just bitter complaining and complaining. Right. :rolleyes:
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The other post wasn't directed at you. I replied to Knarly's post, but since his post was incredibly long, apparently it didn't actually include it. I forgot to "snip" it.