6 Months in, and what do we have to show?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Masm, May 30, 2018.

1. Miss Adora Loyal Player

for Kahndaq, you need at least 3-4 players because of the nods. At least Kahndaq has a walk in and a few raids.
  2. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Charge a flat fee for what? I am curious... do tell!

It seems to me what you are asking for Masm, is for DCUO to change it's model to a full RPG experience; I don't think that is going to happen any time soon, if ever. If you take a look at WoW and Everquest, they have revisited older content and expanded/continued the storylines on that content. In my opinion, DCUO did the same thing with Deluge by revisiting and expanding on the Starro Event with a touch of the Summer Event/Atlantean Invasion. It would not surprise me if DCUO releases content based on the Teen Titans that revists and expands on the Trigon content.

As far as cosmetics, I do not agree with keeping them purely in the marketplace; that is a true "pay to win" option that I think a lot of players will not buy into. I rather have more options of getting them, such as have them more available for loot DROPS in alert and open world content and on certain vendors for marks/ game currency.
  3. Miss Adora Loyal Player

op I do agree with many things you say but you did forget about style unlocking. I might not agree with the price of the style unlocking but it is cool that it's cross faction. So if you a hero, you can get villain style and if you are a villain, can get hero styles.

Again, I really didn't get my hopes up after ps3 dropped, just looking at the pass and what they did to improve the game, didn't expect much moving forward. But base on other threats, we have more coming base on styles, possible two tone hair, etc,etc.
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Either way you look at it Marvel online was never a MMO.
  5. Miss Adora Loyal Player

well they can't unbottle South Gotham because of coding the story but they could reskin South Gotham and unbottle the building with new missions. They did it with The Daily Planet with DOS part 1.
    • Like x 1
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

6 months and if you don't like it you can gladly go play something else instead of trying to spread negativity in a game that you apparently do not like.
  7. lukelucky Devoted Player

I sadly believe u r serious. U see the threads to merge the EU and US servers or the combine hero and Villa chats? That's low population at its finest.

Why change the game to resemble what so many loved despite daily disconnects and way less Q. O. L. additions? Why try and grow the game and make money for years when u can exploit a small percentage of players while more and more players leave
    Yes sarcasim

DCUO constantly ignores the community; disrespects both us and the customers all the while needlessly shrinking the population.

Look how much development time was wasted on "best gear as drops"

Guess what best gear as vendor gear was never an issue yet we wasted so much time and development "fixing" a non issue. We don't have hindsight yet with capsules but we do other dcuo business models and they are fails because dcuo does not listen or respect the community
  8. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Hi :)

All the buildings* iirc exist unbottled *somewhere* in DCUO.. like the brainiac duos.. the iceberg lounge (Central City Combines, name of the sports team, stadium)

The one that I think isn't elsewhere in DCUO is the Clock Tower.. shame as it's the iconic clock tower Batman threw the Joker off in the old 90s Batman movie.

The bottles aren't actually solid inside.. a friend glitched inside in 2012. we watched him fly around inside. and come up to the wall. eventually he had to warp to rally.

About the 'not able to remove the bottles'
    As Doctor Who says 'That was just a clever lie.' :)

I'm not saying you zone to the same place in OW when you enter the bottles for the duos.. because you don't, you get your own private bottle, but the models exist. apparently it looks a lot like Chinatown Metro.

*South Gotham Buildings.. no idea about Metro. Once spent four hours flying around there checking my facts to suggest this idea.. 2 years ago?
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I went from everyday player to casual "maybe a couple times a week if that" player. Until the devs really do something to make this game evolve, I'll remain in the casual state.
    • Like x 7
  10. Masm Active Player

I'm happy you said that, because Yes, I pulled my sub this weekend.
    In case you haven't read anything except your own opinion, I'm not the only one that feels this way currently about the game, and if "go play something else" is your retort to feedback....like I said earlier, subs are droppings, and I'm sure i'm not the only one who pulled their sub recently until better content comes out thats not designed to be a cash grab.
    and if we all "go play something else" instead of trying to make suggestions to improve upon said game, you wouldn't have a game to play.
    • Like x 3
  11. Masm Active Player

I log in casually every day to get my free mark. :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Who says I'm joking? My response was dead serious. I'm not saying that's what I would want for the game but it is the path that we are on right now.

While the population is at it's lowest right now the Aquaman event/episode was a hybrid, not a full thing... so there's less to do and folks probably spammed and moved on (thus making the population drop). I also would agree that this is probably the lowest the population has ever been... doesn't mean that it's officially "done yet".

As for the rest, you have several good points, but again people are voting with their wallets, so why on earth would any business change?
    • Like x 3
  13. Masm Active Player

Because in order for a business to survive it needs to be innovative.
    With the current model the population fluctuates way to much...yes it makes money, but only off ONE aspect of the game, Styles. The reason its been working thus far is because for the first few years of the game Iconic styles were asked for left and right. Even players not interested in current content will come back long enough to grab that style before its gone.
    Once they run out of popular style concepts the want and need to collect those styles via time capsules and booster bundles with diminish completely, and then what? Scramble to come out with content because they're now broke, because no one wanted the 4th rendition of a batman style?

Yes the current model makes money, but its stale, it has been stale, and it will eventually kill the game.

EVENTUALLY being the keyword. Then all the money we spent over the years will REALLY be worth it.
  14. Masm Active Player

Sorry for the late reply. I would charge a fee for the expansion along with the sub fee, that along with styles on the market for purchase.
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Neverending complaining, nitpicking everything and suggestions are totally different things.

Your ( OP ) Opening Post is not a suggestion by any means of the word. What I read in your OP were complaints and ungrateful comments about the new stuff that was implemented in DCUO within the last 6 months. Nothing is ever perfect and they cannot please everyone. The sooner you understand that the better off you'll be.
    • Like x 1
  16. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Technically yes, businesses do need to be innovative. But a big factor of innovation is finding out whats missing from customer feedback. What you posted wasnt really feedback. You posted 1 long post and 2 replies, and out of 3 posts there's a vital part missing; an actual idea.

Feedback does not = Complaint alone
    Feedback = Complaint + What I'd like to see happen instead

Think of it this way, imagine you were touring the globe and rating restaurants. You go into one and after trying a full course your only "feedback" was "foods sh##". Its rather impressive if im honest but thats your posts, 100% negativity and zero ideas. Its why theres a difference between Criticism and Constructive Criticism.

You probably do have ideas, hopefully. So post them. The Devs are always saying they appreciate any feedback and i genuinely remember many changes being made ingame because of actual feedback with ideas. Do it right and it might help, because currently its just venting.
    • Like x 1
  17. spack2k Steadfast Player

no need really , i am asking Mark Zuckerberg
    • Like x 2
  18. Masm Active Player

Wow you must get good boy points or something for defending this game.

Calling Feedback, negative or otherwise, "complaining and nitpicking" is the exact reason the game is in the state its in.

Lazy, complacent players, that are ok with spending a dollar to get a style reward. Rather than be challenged and have an enjoyable gaming experience.

Kinda like the people that used to say SM should be removed because it was too hard.

But nah you're right I have so much fun opening time capsules. So exciting, can't wait for the next one.
    • Like x 4
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Or he could state what he didn't like in the hope that the devs will notice and make changes. You know, feedback. Negative feedback isn't blasphemy, lol. Or are you worried that people are so impressionable that they'll read the OP and somehow magically hate the game they once loved?

Everyone has their PoV. Expressing it leads to productive discussions.

Just because you love everything happening recently, doesn't mean the majority of the player base does. Closing your eyes to issues is like refusing to take your car to the mechanic even though there's smoke coming out of the hood, because you prefer to "be positive" all the time.

Was Deluge an incredible episode in your eyes? Great. Not the case for others.

Is DoS your favorite content ever? Awesome. Also not the case for others.

Do artifacts and their breakthrough rates fill you with absolute joy? Incredible! I'm happy for you.

Was style unlocking everything you hoped it would be? Or did the prices sour you to the experience? If you're content, great for you!

How did your post contribute to this discussion in the least or suggest ways to deal with these important issues, again? Seems like, "either like it or get lost" doesn't seem to helpful, lol. Maybe that's just me.
    • Like x 4
  20. gameaddict Level 30

I'm sorry, but what's the point of this post? Compared to the OP's post, yours is just filled with personal emotion, because you (i assume) don't agree with him.

As Shark Dental already said, his post is passionate, but not aggressive, not even a single swear word from what i'm seeing, he posts several things that he thinks will help the game (aka constructive feedback) and you have several people (partially) agreeing with him.

This is pretty much my play state as well, except i even went so far to being premiun for quite some time now already, playing the event versions is good enough for me for now, the only thing i'll gain by re-subbing is being able to go after the more grindy stuff and getting the legendary ''benefits''. I will re-sub at some point, but that only happens if i see the content becoming more than the copy-paste stuff we've mostly seen in recent time or a membership sale comes along, i personally don't feel the membership is worth full price (even though i can easily afford it) in the current state of the game.

Saying all that, when it comes to time capsules, the general direction the game is going towards, etc. i don't really blame the developers/company though or at least not their motivation/mindset in doing so. As plenty of others have said already before me, can you really blame a company for wanting to make (easy) money?

If the developers introduce something that a certain percentage of people don't like, yet those same people still keep spending money (in other areas of the game), playing the game, etc., in addition to the people who do like/spend money on whatever is disliked by the other group of people, then there's not much reason for the company to stop/change. They get people agitated maybe, but they're still playing the game and they get a extra source of revenue (somebody correct me on this if i'm wrong, but didn't Mepps even said at some point the time capsules are the most profitable source of revenue to come to DCUO).

This is the same reason i don't really hop on the ''EA is the worst company'' bandwagon, if they're the worst, what does that make us/the consumers?

When it comes to time capsules/RNG boxes and just in general ''bad'' business practices, this usually comes to mind for me.

TL;DR: Though i agree with the OP's general sentiment, there's more to it than just the ''evil'' company (purposely) running the game into the ground.
    • Like x 4