40th Episode Free to All

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 30, 2021.

1. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I'm a member and i have no problem with free episodes since that just means more people to play with and episodes is not why i sub anyways. I like having no cash cap,being able to form a league, getting free replays and DB cash every month and all the other little things that come with being a member. i am also looking forward to seeing what new perks we get.
    • Like x 4
  2. ALB Dedicated Player

No one is paying over 14.99 for a subscription.
  3. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

Hey what can I say! This MARXIST subscriber loved the idea and hopes this will improve the game! Also, I will NEVER stop subscribing just because you gave those who CAN'T pay, stuff for free. This is very welcoming and puts the game and the COMMUNITY in the right direction. Consider making the essentials of the game all available for free always.
    Thank you very much!
    • Like x 2
  4. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

The essentials are already free.
  5. Benbrada New Player

As a member for several years I won't enter the fray of complaining what this does to my membership perks until we see the "revamp"/update. Like others have said, if this move helps build the ACTIVE player base I'm all for it.
    • Like x 3
  6. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

Please consider increasing the cash cap to say 10 millions.
  7. mikolokim New Player

Hi. Paying member here.

I cannot help but notice that a lot of people saw "free DLC" and rushed to voice their opinion. Did most of you read the rest of the comment?

As we look to this Summer, we are planning a major Membership update, and right now we want to explore a world where our content is not gated by purchase.

Major. Membership. Update.

2 things:

1. I have seen people be upset because no one is playing content for some reason or other, yet when they offer a solution to allow everyone access to content, now you don't want it? To me, having access to all DLC's free through monthly payment should have never been a thing. How can everyone play a game when not everyone can play the game? They could have capped marks given to non-members, while having unlimited marks to those who are members. OR EVEN BETTER, if you are a paying member, then ALL of your marks are account bound, and if not, they revert back to those who collected the original marks. But everyone should be able to play the full game.

2. Did they not just hire on new staff recently? From what I have seen so far, they are starting to look at all the issues I (and so many others) have had against the game. Fortifying System for example. This could lead into an overhaul of many things! For the first time in a long time, I am actually feeling a small glimmer of hope that they might actually turn the game around! Cause I am playing COH right now and to me, it is kicking DCUO a** in everything from Character Customization (Colors Coordination/Outfits/Power Action and Interaction), Archetypes (Tank/Scrapper/Ranged/Support/Pets/Defender), Powersets (too many to list), Missions (AE - you can create your own storyline and have others play it). This from a game that was shut down in 2012, and through dedicated gamers (that's how you know you created a good game) was revived and is better than ever! If NCSoft or someone legit were to acquire and polish up the game to todays graphics and keeping moving in the direction it is currently in....

DCUO has a lot of work to do, as it is running on dedication the the DC brand (loyalty) and the fact that some have already spent a large amount of money to quit the game. Truthfully, there is nothing this game offers that stands out from any other game out now or is coming out. But, I have hope after seeing what the Devs are looking for in some of their post.
    • Like x 2
  8. Whazues Well-Known Player

so episode 40 is permanently free for everyone cool and i get that y'all are saying that your wanting to see how it turns out and that membership update will be coming at a later time. Now this helps out free2play players and new players but does that mean that there will still be an event section for alts whose cr is not at the recommended level.
  9. Toshknight Loyal Player

Dont you already give the latest episodes free anyway?
  10. Eve YouTuber

There is an event version, the announcement thread confirms it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

I think is the step if the right directions. Try convince a friend to give a try to this game knowing he will not be able to progress after a certain extend? Having the possibility to enjoy the full game without any paylocks is essential at least on PC gaming.
    I'm very curious in knowing the membership updates changes. Premium as it is should be either completely removed or adjusted along side with membership.
    I really hope membership to be something engaging, but not mandatory. Again, future will tell.
    Thanks for making this amazing full fledge DLC.
    I wasn't planning, but this gave me the mood to beat SM R30, KEEP IT UP!
    I may not give up this game just yet:9
    • Like x 1
  12. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Is this like the death of superman episode, which also was free open to everyone.
    ????
  13. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Premium has is own set of benefits that are not tied to episode ownership, and you don't even need to buy an episode to become premium.
    Premium can trade items, f2p can't
    Premium has a higher cash cap than f2p
    Premium has more character, inventory, and bank slots than f2p
    There might be a few other things I'm not thinking about right now as well.

If all episodes end up being free, I would think there would be some compensation for owning some of the older episodes. But that doesn't negate or change any of the existing benefits of premium.
  14. Vicious Well-Known Player

I've been a member since 2013 and I'm currently at the start of a 1 year subscription and I have no problem with this. But I'm also not one of those people that calls a department store to scream and complain at the minimum wage worker on the other end of the phone that something I bought two weeks ago is now on sale and other people are getting it for less. It makes me happy to know more people will get to experience a game I love because it's either more affordable or more accessible. I want this game to last forever and I'd love if more people played it, so if this helps with that, I'm very excited it's a step that's being taken.
    • Like x 4
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

16. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

This are not benefits, this are necessities. I own the majority of the DLCs, including the ultimate edition.
    Imagine playing a game where half of your rights are excluded. Please try LFG a group or shout as a free player to any raid. You will have a blast!
  17. flrb80 New Player

I think the big question here is what will be the benefits for members that have been paying for years? we see Free/New players have instantly the benefit of free content, I understand that you guys are exploring alternatives but at the same time we'd like to know what options you have for members. Just saying!
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This was addressed, there will still be event versions in the content. :)
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yes and no. Technically Lifetime is not affected as all of the benefits they have right now will persist, with the only change being that non-members will have access to episode 40 without needing to pay for it. The way it would affect lifetime members (should they choose to view it this way) is that their membership "loses" the value of having that content exclusively only for those who pay. All benefits remain intact, they just get to play the episode permanently without having to pay for it. So in other words Lifetime subs don't lose anything don't actually lose anything.

As for the membership changes, that is To Be Determined. Once they've come to some sort of decision then they'll know how that affects them.
  20. Dene Devoted Player

Maybe I misread it :/ - my fear was/is that they decide that they are changing it all up and lifetime either becomes a mid tier and you pay to go higher or that we lose it somehow

The free episide part is all good by me - it dimishes the value of my lifetime by little to nothing - in my opinion - if more are playing that episode then all good in my book
    • Like x 1