3 Questions: New players, alts & impact.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheBirdOfSteel, Jun 4, 2014.

1. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Guess who's not making an alt.

THIS GUY!

Creation of ALTS WILL slow down to a halt, as this doesn't really encourage the creation of new ones. Some of yall act like removing walk-ins is a DAMN GOD SEND, that many end-game players will NOW start making alts because they will have to grind MORE this time. Yall Trippin
    • Like x 1
  2. Ghostof91 New Player

For me I've walked a couple of people which I saw no issue of, I've never used walk-ins but it's also not my place to screw up other peoples way of playing for fun, Therefore I don't understand why players cheer this type of stuff for their own sakes smh.
  3. Hero of Justice New Player

1. Personally, when I was premium I bought powers for the access to the powers more than the content, I wouldn't just forget about them simply because of no walk-ins. I'm guessing (and hoping) that people will do the proper grind, and that their incentive to do so will go way up when the queues actually start popping.

2. I guess we'll find out when this change hits and we get to see the queues. We'll see if the queues for lower content actually start popping (and how quickly) now.

3. I think the game's grind is actually pretty minimal, the problem I saw was that it was so hard to get lower instances to pop, it became a grind because people couldn't run everything at their level in a timely fashion. If the queues improve this will become easier to do, and I think it will give people more things to do even without the walk ins.

Here's hoping... as an altholic I would really like it if queue times improve :p
    • Like x 1
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

The grind is definately still there especially when you have a fresh lvl 30 alt and you realize there is a long way to go.
  5. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Question 1: Will alts now stop?

There likely wont be as many, but I doubt they'll stop. I just made 2 villains last night, Stonewall Greenman and Teddy Stone.

Question 2 : Where are the new players?

In T6 already. Everyone who stuck around post PS4 launch likely found out that they could skip to the highest content, just like the F2P's did once upon a time. Other than that, the few times ive created a character in the past few months, there has been a lot of activity in the level up missions (in PVP side, I imagine PVE has more) and im running into a bunch of new players as I ever have in upper level content. There is definitely more new players, even if there isnt a ton of them.

Question 3 : Will the impact of walk in lock outs actually be positive?

It can only be positive. Players that have actually had experience playing a certain role will only be a positive thing for the endgame. Hopefully it puts an end to the full T6 DPS that finishes behind a Controller in an alert.
  6. Hero of Justice New Player

I agree that it's not an ideal situation for veterans, but I've been leveling an alt that I bought enough feats to use limited WM with and I've got to say that it makes a huge difference and is a lot more fun than it would have been before :) There's a grind, sure, but it is blunted significantly by going that route. Of course the drawback to that are that it can get expensive to go that route with multiple alts.
  7. FelixDuo Committed Player

Most games don't let you skip ahead to end-game. There's some carrying, yes, but not to the degree of the walk ins. If people stop making alts now then it's because they're lazy, not because it's too hard. I never had anything against walk ins personally, but I don't consider progressing normally a hassle, and being able to skip around seems like a really bad habit to get into.

And this is coming from someone who likes nothing more than helping out less-experienced players.

I dunno. I think this will be a good thing overall in the end. Complaints about people being useless in end game due to getting carried there should go down, if nothing else.
  8. FuryX New Player

I leveled an earth char to 30 in about 5 hours yesterday and I'm betting ill be over 100cr by the weekend.. walkins only stop people that don't know what they're doing.

Money can still buy you cr at this point
  9. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I can level an alt from Lvl29 to CR 84 in 1 day at best or 3ish days at worst with ZERO walk-ins….

The removal of walk-ins will do very little to stop people from power leveling….it will only slow it down to a VERY small degree