2v2 Lair Battle is a joke

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Larfleeze, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Larfleeze New Player

There is zero reason why you shouldn't have to knock out both players. Four matches in a row I've gotten paired up with people in sub T1 PvE gear who are the main focus and get destroyed within 10 seconds of the match starting.

What were you guys thinking when changing it to 2v2? Is it an oversight that only the "lair owner" needs to be taken down to win a match? Or did you think it would be fun to make something so much more frustrating than the already annoying 2v2 batcave?
  2. Dirty Fred New Player

Damn you just flamed on my 2 most favorite arenas ^^ !
    Well Pugging 2 vs 2 Lairbattles arent the best thing to do. Instead pair up with a friend or someone that you know you can work well together with:)
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLoneLantern New Player

If you're a tank, pair up with a healer. If you're a healer, pair up with a tank. If you're a troller... well, you're just SoL either way. ;)
    • Like x 3
  4. Larfleeze New Player

Or I'll just never queue them up. Much easier that way. Why they would make a 2v2 map reliant on only 1 player is completely beyond me. It just makes no sense.
  5. Anti Bezz New Player

Sounds like a personal problem tbh. How can you be mad. It is first to go down loses the round. In all honesty it is probably one of the best 2v2 tactical arenas now imo. Makes you work harder. Well for people with actual groups. Go get a partner and farm best advice.
  6. deltablues New Player

haha I haven't tried this yet but these comments make it seem like I shouldn't even bother.
  7. Dirty Fred New Player

Well if you just do it with someone you know you can work well together with its a lot of fun:D
  8. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Being a troller for PVP, I'm glad they made 2v2 lair battles. I join up with a healer or tank friend and i'm set. Doing 1v1 against a tank is obviously pointless.
    • Like x 1
  9. Larfleeze New Player

I'm not mad. And it's not the first to go down loses the round. It takes either you or your teammate, and takes your opponent or his teammate and selects one that if that one goes down the round is over. You can take out the "non-target" first and still have to deal with the 2v1, which you can still lose if the one person is skilled enough. Making it so you only have to tag out one player and not both makes it where you can basically ignore the secondary person and just have you and your teammate focus the target.

And I fail to see how making it where you only have to gib 1 person makes you work harder. It makes me want to not "work" at all if I see my teammate is in less than full cash pvp because I know it's automatically a loss. If both sides are matched up with all 4 having similar sets of gear then it's one thing. But at least in other 2v2's you can salvage having a horrible teammate if you're skilled. In 2v2 lairs you might as well just quit.
  10. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Right? Those are my favorite arenas! Never pug a 2's match if you can. I'm loving the 2's lair battles!
    • Like x 2
  11. Dirty Fred New Player

Hehe yeah exactlly! Atleast here when a Icetank pop up you can just go for his Partner ^^ !!
  12. Deathmark New Player

I also hate those new 2v2 lair. Oh yes please, make me resent the undergeared and make them feel bad for making me lose. I've also been in the opposite situation where the other guy is clearly better than me and im dragging them down. Yes of course this was always an issue with 2v2, except the others 2v2 pvp maps are objectives based, you still can win if the other guy is so so. If they died, it didn't automatically mean a loss, on this map it's a joke, they'll get double teamed and its pretty much over. (besides i barely played the 2v2 maps cause theres no feats except the legend batcave which i could most often than not win alone and did the 250 wins on ages ago...). It SHOULD be both need to die.

Also, the queues are now longer, at least 1v1 popped almost immediately. I've had to wait more than 5 mins on this one at some points. This has become a time waster. I actually came on this board just to post a thread about how much im hating this but figured i wouldnt have to. This was the ONLY arena i could pug alone. If i sucked, no big deal, i wasn't annoying anyone. If i faced a tank, i could just remove my gear and lose and nobody gave a s. I TRIED to look for partners but i get nothing. Maybe i don't want to befriend people on the only basis they're good at pvp. I like to play on my own time and this map was great for this. I've always pugged pretty much everything (pve or pvp) and it was never that much a problem until this map. I'm really really hating this. At least always give us the option to 1v1. Im working on the 1000 wins feat, 3 weeks of this will drive me mad.
  13. Deathmark New Player

Perfect example. 25 mins, i've been in TWO matches which were quickly lost because of pre made on the other side (and while im at it...why is it that on 1v1 lair battles i often faced blue or green geard but on 2v2 i seem to just face full t4? My ranking CANT be higher on 2v2, i keep losing). In fact, no matter how many times i lose against them, thats all i get, the same premades. When NOT in said matches i was spamming both lfg for a partner every 30 secs . Nothing. It's 6 oclock on a sunday. If i can't get someone now i can't anyone ever. So #$%#$% it. Not doing lair battles until next rotation and it better be 1v1 again then. Yes, i am mad bro. This is exaclty the kind of BS change that nobody asked for.
  14. Daemonic Visions Committed Player

This Lair rotation has made it easier for me to reach that 1000 Lair feat, was harder doing it 1v1, always got tanks or healers (me a tank/dps). These matches last like 3-4 mins for me and my partner.

Trick is to have one member look at both to see what roles they are in, then #2 quickly scan their gear to see which one would be easier to take out. out of 40 matches, only lost to a nature healer and ice tank duo.
  15. Anti Bezz New Player

First one down round ends fact.
  16. Larfleeze New Player

You're incorrect. More than once today I've done the 2v2 lair where we kill one of the players and still have to deal with the other before the round is over.

Whoever is in the cutscene at the start is the one you need to kill, the other person is inconsequential.
  17. Superskull85 Devoted Player

For those that don't know, gear does not contribute to your ELO rating. Someone with really bad gear could, in theory, be able to win matches much better compared to someone in full tier 4 (tier 5 doesn't exist people look at your vendors :p ).

That being said I agree. I think at the very least both players should need to be knocked out. I have been in several matches in which my partner rage quits and I am able to hold off my opponents for several minutes. The problem is though if my partner had stayed I would have lost faster. Yes I know I should just have grouped with someone but at the same time players shouldn't be feel the need to continuously group up especially in a 2v2 setting where you could usually carry your partner in other maps if need be. This map is so far the exception to that rule in 2v2.
  18. Daemonic Visions Committed Player

[IMG]

You need to pass what your smoking, because even in the 2v2 Lair description, and even the Devs have stated I believe it was in the FNL, and I have done over 40+ 2v2 Lairs, all point out you only kill ((1)) person, that can be ANYBODY, the match is over, you do NOT need to defeat the other guy to win.

IMO These lairs do go fast because it's 2 people trying to focus on the other sides weakest link, but it's STILL ((1)) person to kill for a round to be won.

Example: I was on a winning streak with a league-mate (Giggles), one of the matches I was paired up with a Nature healer and an Ice tank. Giggles made the queue, and picked his lair. Cut-Scene showed him mainly with me in the background. Unfortunately the healer was going after me (tank) and I didn't do so well trying to survive. I DIED, it was Giggles lair, and he STARTED the queue. They didn't need to go after him, they just went for me. The cut-scene also showed him yet again, but they only needed 1 person down, and they were focusing on me.

I do not know what you expereinced, but this is NOT how 2v2 lairs work.
    • Like x 2
  19. Dirty Fred New Player

I been pondering something for a while.....

On one end we got a lot of low geared people getting qued up VS T4 geraed PLLs & on the other end we got sesonal PvPers mad about the HT stuff & all that!
    What if SoE made the arenas into 2 choices?
    (stay with me)
    Just like Novice & Expert raids...
    Do that to the PvP arenas aswell!
    On the Novice PvP arenas Pll with 81 to 82 & lower would end up & on the expert side pll with cr 83 to 84 would endup with HT disabled! + some extra rewards for expert so pll get motivation to do it.....

Just a crazy idea i got.... Any thoughts about that?

This would also motivate pll to work up to next set of PvP gears when next season comes...
    • Like x 1
  20. renzhe New Player

As far as the HT disabled option, its not a crazy idea, and I've already thought about such an option a while back. Implementation is slightly different. My post is in this Rock, Paper, Scissors, Dynamite! thread.
    • Like x 1