Up-Votes Needed 25% Renown Booster doesnt affect Central City bounties

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Limey, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Limey Committed Player

Title pretty much sums it up, the 50 renown gained from each of the Central City/DLC 2 bounty missions is completely unaffected by the 25% Renown Booster.

I checked the renown page to make sure it wasn't a text error that said 50 renown, but applied the proper 62, and verified with multiple bounties, even with the 25% boost activated, they still only gave 50 renown each.
    • Like x 1
  2. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Interesting. This may be a glitch from when the devs first re-ordered the content tiers and applied the clamps. You may be better off buying the commendations from the Watchtower/Hall of Doom Vendors with source marks (5 source marks each), as they give 125 renown for each sector (Magic, Meta, Tech). I'm not sure if these vendors are in the Hall of Legends.
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

In the Hall of Legends, you go to the room with your Faction Mentors, and in that room there's a Faction Vendor Bot that should have those Renown Tokens for sale.

But those tokens are only for the starting factions, sadly, there's later content in the game where the only way to get renown is to run that content and get the tokens given out at the ends of the missions. There don't seem to be vendors in-game that sell those Renown tokens, so when the Renown Booster fails to work, people have to run that content that many more times! :(
    • Like x 1
  4. Limey Committed Player

I don't see how altering tiers would change any of that, tiers in general are all just titling, the difficulty and CR of all the content was never changed, just grouped together differently on lists.

That being said, I'm well aware of all the ways of acquiring renown, the 25% boost was used because I had 3 weeks of stockpiled renown boxes from anni, plus black adam elite content - running central city bounties was just a chosen method of utilizing the boost for the remaining hour after popping all those elite commendations.
    • Like x 1
  5. myandria Item Storage

Ahh I understand now; you were looking to use up the time on the renown boosters by doing the central city bounties.

True, but the Central City Bounties gives out starting faction renown. I think that you are correct, though; the Central City renown drops from the bounties are automatic and perhaps that blocks the renown boosters from working.

When I used the renown booster on pre-30CR content that actually drops the commendation and then opened them, the booster worked while it was active.

When I opened a Black Adam Elite renown commendation while the renown booster was active, it worked.

When I did a Central City bounty while the Renown Booster was active like the OP did, the booster did not work.
    • Like x 1
  6. Limey Committed Player

I just ran a CC bounty out of convenience (Static is in the Valentines Day/Mera area) and realized the base renown is 40, not 50. So the 25% boost does work, the amount of renown given for any given task is just highly inconsistent within the game.

This is all moot, my bad.
    • Like x 2
  7. DezFTW Active Player

Wow they need to fix this