2019 and we still do not have subtitles and interface in Portuguese?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MAXILIANO, Feb 11, 2019.

1. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

It's been a long time since I've been here.
    I will not even discuss the reasons that made me leave the forum ...
    However much has changed in these years in the game.
    But there is something that unfortunately still remains the same thing:
    The lack of subtitles and intreface in Portuguese!
    I believe that after so many years I do not need to comment on how much Brazilians love this game, and even after years, it still remains one of the most played of the genre both in steam and psn! (I do not have xbox live data).
    So I ask myself:
    "-Because until today they did not put subtitles and the interface in Portuguese? With the original sound in English?"
    This is more than just respect for loyal players for so many years in the game, it is an obvious way to attract more and more players who surely feel like playing, but have not yet done so because of the difficulty of the language ...

DC is a beloved brand in Brazil, just to see the success that the whole franchise has always made in the country in movies, comics, animations or games!

And I do not see the sense of not taking advantage of this market in the proper way ...
    • Like x 3
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

There are many subtitles like the german one but trust me if i tell you that u dont want to use subtitles in this game at all, they are of very low quality/translation and simply confusing.
    • Like x 3
  3. dresserball Dedicated Player

2019 and we still can't have easy to read text.
    • Like x 2
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Mepps had plans, but he ordered the wrong Rosetta Stone program. Now he can’t find the receipt, and customer service keeps putting him on hold - it’s a nightmare.

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, and what about Canadian or Australian subtitles? How am I supposed to understand all this American gibberish?

Eh Mate?
    Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

The English ones are a source of great amusement. "Martial arts hi-hi-hi noise" for the ninjas always makes me laugh.
    • Like x 1
  7. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

A lot of people speak more than one language. Americanized English seems to be a common language that people speak. They (DCUO game) use the most common ones, but adding a few more options for languages would be nice, yes.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Crikey that'd be fully sick
    • Like x 1
  9. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I already had the opportunity to play using the subtitles in Spanish! I did not find it so bad!
    The big problem is that in this case as in the beginning also had the sound in Spanish, when the game did not have more money to custiar dubbing in several languages, to the ivés to continue only with the subtitles and to maintain the original sound in English, they left everything the sound of the game mute!
    And this from what I saw was with all the other subtitles!
    That's why in the case of Portuguese I'm asking only the subtitles and interface! But keep the language in the original!
    If it's about my text sorry, but it's not the language I speak.
    I just strive hard to communicate!:)
    In theory, this is what should happen, but we know who it is not always like this! Not all people have more than one language, and even when they do, it's not always English!
    However it is undeniable that regardless of whether or not you know more than one language, when you offer the language of a country, altomatically your product becomes more popular and well-liked to the public of this country.
    Anyway thanks for your support!:)
  10. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

its a US based game. in all actuality they don't have to add any other languages into it.
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Forgive my ignorance, but how are people even playing the game in Brazil? :confused:

I thought the game was only released in North America (US & Canada) and Europe? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  12. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

With all due respect, but I play games based on the average age, so this game will be all in Anglo Saxon?:eek:
    Following your theory, then why does this same game (DCUO) have subtitles in Spanish, Italian, German, French etc.?:confused:
  13. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

they added em for a EU server.

and again they didn't haveto do that either
    • Like x 1
  14. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Great question:
    But yes! The game is available in Brazil!
    On both PSN and Steam as on Xbox live!
    And we can make transactions in R $!That is our local currency!
    Even in the official website of the game it is possible to make transactions in R $!:)
    • Like x 1
  15. Dene Devoted Player

I had no idea you were a fellow aussie.. or you mucking around ?
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nope....mucking around, being a drongo.

G'day anyway,
    Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Wrong. The game is available world wide, some countries are barred from subscribing or making ingame purchases however (ie Syria).
    • Like x 1
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Not to harp since Lorax already answered you but you mean you have never seen the Leagues out there with BR at the end of their league name? That is "kind of " short for Brazil.. they have been around for ages in game and they will get on shout and even the LFG and send out messages in Portuguese. There is not special server for them so they log in and play on the US one but trust me they are there and have been there a long time. Hey not sure about Playstation but I'm on my PC and if you can log on you can download the game from anywhere in the world. I've played with a guy from Hong Kong in the past and who knows what other countries?

Now to the OP....

I think the issue with subtitles is .. where do they stop? or even start? I have no clue since I only play on the US server but I'll take a guess and assume they have some sub titles on the EU server.. German and Fresh? maybe Italian?

But on the US server where anyone , including people from Europe, can and do log on and play just how many languages do you want sub titles for? Obviously in your case all you are worried about is Portuguese but Let's head back to Europe.. Where are the Polish sub titles? The ones for Russia? Hey my grand father immigrated from Serbia in 1917 and I still have relatives over there.. where are the Serbian sub titles? The Arabic? and on and on and on and on... They just can not make everyone world wide happy.
    • Like x 1
  19. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Hello! Thanks for your comment!
    Using your own arguments:
    Brazilians for many years are there ...
    It would be leagues with BR in the end etc.
    Yes, Brazilians are a huge number of players, and this is not a surprise!
    In 2018 Brazil was among the 10 largest consumers of games from around the world!
    Even with all the problems we had is an ever-growing market!
    Piracy has dropped dramatically, and every day companies have invested more and more in our country!
    It's no wonder that we have great games fairs like BGS (Brazil Game Show), among others ...
    Anyway, regardless of this, I believe that it is not fair that we can claim an improvement for the game!
    As I believe that all the other people you have commented have every right to do so ... It is only up to them to do so ...
    EDIT: I was forgetting, subtitles are available for all servers! In other words, the USA also has the option of several subtitles!
    It was even in him that I played for a while in Spanish!
    Both on the pc and on my psn account!
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Only poking a little fun. I'm envisioning DCUO in another language with the toons mouths moving. The translator has a very deep and robust voice, lol. Like really bad 80s movies in other languages. :)

I do agree. It's really nothing more than running the sounds thru programs to auto translate. Then someone to review and correct. I've done a bit of this for work, so I know it's time consuming, but very worth it. I add subtitle for this with hearing impairment, so I totally get what your saying.
    • Like x 1