2014 PC Legendary Membership Benefits Update - UPDATED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The same model what?

I'm just saying what they have told us many, many times. Cross-platform is not going to happen and personally I'm happy about that.
  2. The Johnny army New Player

Can you actually buy Loyalty points? I thought they were awarded only.
  3. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

oh nah not loyalty points sorry my English isn't to good
  4. BlueGlacier Well-Known Player

I just wanna say thanx guys for making an effort to mix it up...ty Devs.
  5. The Johnny army New Player

Still remaining calm about this. We may be just blowing it out of proportions, but seeing how armouries are about to come, can't help but wonder what they are going to cost. SC as always been a perk for staying legendary on the PC side. I get this should work the same way, but it might not be the same at all. We are still getting something back for our money, yes, but it might be less than what has been "agreed" upon when going legendary, meaning the subscription may lose some of its value. No, this is not me threatening to drop the subscription at all, I just want to realise just exactly what am I paying for.

Again, wait and see, I guess.
  6. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Roflcopter head explosion.
  7. The Sullster New Player

1. what happens to ProSeiben customers? as they have SC (and also have a weird system of rewarding free SC for clicking ads and signing up for things which i dont like)

2. what happens to SC currently owned can it be used as part payment for items as i have sc i have stored for future purchases like an amoury

3. is there any difference in available items for Loyalty Points vs SC, this seems like removing a perk for legendary than an improvement

4. are loyalty points account bound or character bound (considering the 1 log in per month stipulation)
  8. The Johnny army New Player

Can't answer all your questions for sure, just trying to help in what I can:
    1- That hasn't been answered and there might be a reason for it, it may be different, guess we Pro7 folks will have to wait longer to know.

2- Nothing happens. SC will still exist, it's just being removed from the benefits.

3- It seems the are differences, but minor. I am also curious about this, I have a gut feeling armouries won't be in there from the start.

4- Should be account bound; as long as your account is flagged as being active, you get it, it's the same with Station cash right now.
  9. OVERWATCH Well-Known Player

Radar please don't forget to mention that this is only for Recurring memberships, I learnt it he hard way :/ .
  10. ErnieB Loyal Player

So you are doing the same thing that you do on PS, though I really don't see the need unless you are going to include loyalty only items in the vendor, if there are items exclusive to the vendor could you give us a list of what they are and there use.
  11. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

I have NEVER gotten ANY 'free' SC since the start of the so-called previous Loyalty Rewards, save for the occasional 150 Replay Badges. I had 55 SC for 3 months until I splurged on an extra SOE card & added the 1500 SC from it to my wallet. If I do see this 'Loyalty Points' awarded to me, I'll gladly use them. I hope to see some useful items, or at least some ultra-rare trinkets I can use.
  12. ErnieB Loyal Player

It's the same value, just that it's for an exclusive vendor outside of the marketplace, this system is on PS. And 500 sc equals to $5.00, so loyalty of $5.00 is the same as 500 sc.
  13. Incredible Level 30

I've been playing since launch on the PC, but I am not familiar with the Loyalty system on PS. What Items can be bought with Loyalty Points? Account upgrades? Respecs? Weapon styles? Base themes? Legends? Some idea of what items we will be able to purchase would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  14. Geek ManXY New Player

I think it's funny that DC is taking away something good for PC players just because PS players can't play other SOE games.
    • Like x 1
  15. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I don't understand this at all. You can buy everything from the Marketplace but DLC's at a Vendor with LP's. You can buy everything in the Marketplace but DLC's with SC. It's not a big deal because theoretically, you're still getting 5 bucks to buy whatever you want aside from DLC's but, if seems like the biggest waste of time in the history of DCUO because it's all the same. o_O What ever happened to Logic?
    • Like x 1
  16. The Johnny army New Player

My problem with it is what will become available in the loyalty vendor. Because right now, those 500SC can be used to buy anything from the Marketplace and my concern is that the Loyalty vendor will NOT give me access to everything. And also, I had a choice at topping that up, combining the SC granted with SC I purchased to fit my needs. This will no longer be the case, apparently.

I'm just trying to fully understand what this change implies, as in what will be taken out (if the loyalty vendor is not the exact copy of the Marketplace, then yes, we will have perks removed) and what will be added (which should be as rewarding as the previous perks).

I also feel that these changes should only come into effect upon renewal of subscriptions or new subscriptions. I signed for a one year subscription in August, agreeing to pay for a set of conditions which are now being "revised" without my prior consent.

Thank you for your help, though. I have seen the loyalty vendors before in videos, and I'm curious if we will get the exact same thing.
  17. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

That's what it seems like. This change is completely redundant, honestly. I don't see a reasonable explanation to this change and I think it's completely stupid.
    • Like x 2
  18. Giggles Loyal Player

They could be doing this as some kind of preparation... In case the servers were ever completely merged to help the population. I'm sure with ESO, EQ Next right around the corner, they are anticipating the worst. The playstation players have never had more than a couple choices for MMO's, and all of that is going to change in a few months. ;)

With how well the PS4 is selling, it is only a matter of time before SOE drops support for the PS3, which is the very machine holding this game back because of its limited capabilities.
  19. The Johnny army New Player

I think the bottom line here, Amanda, is that SC is used by other SOE games. Your SOE account can be used, as far as I know, to play other games. I might be wrong, and if I am, someone will correct me on the spot, I'm sure. But if this is the case, you are pretty much getting currency in DCUO that you can use in multiple games.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

No, it's flawless logic. They are going to this to prevent players from using their SC they get free from them in other games. It's just devaluing your purchase because you can no longer combine it with purchases you made with real cash. It's ludacris and almost to the point, I felt like that one person, why even bother having it at all? Or better yet, why even sub, you can go legendary for 1 month when you need access to your cash in game and just microtransaction the rest of the way. Right now, Legendary is becoming less and less appealing. And I was subbing because I like the game.
    • Like x 4