2014 PC Legendary Membership Benefits Update - UPDATED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Damn, stop arguing about all this crap. Talk about something more important. Like why was pepperoni used as an example when sausage is ten times better.
    • Like x 1
  2. igounfazed New Player

Before they added those 'perks', playing the game was not free. You paid to in order to access the sever and play the game, in the same manner that WoW does. Therefor: Playing the game at that point was not a perk. It was the product you paid for. If you didn't pay: You didn't play.
    As for 'access and DLC' being provided back then for subscriptions... I'm not to sure about that. If I am recalling correctly, the only option that gave both 'access' and 'DLC' was the lifetime purchase; not the recurring monthly membership subscriptions. Which at that point was the benefit to becoming a 'Lifetime Subscriber'.

However, they changed the game to 'free to play', removed the "Lifetime Subscription" option, and added the 'perks' in order to promote paid subscriptions. Therefor: You pay for those perks, as you no longer pay to play the game. It's a simple concept.

Furthermore, what of players that did not play before the membership changes and the 'perks' being added? Joining after those perks were put in, now paying for the recurring subscription because those perks were put in?

& Fools Fire: Your pizza can be ordered with sausage if you like. But you do realize the sausage would not have gotten there either, right?
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You are not recalling correctly. DLC did not exist back then until just before F2P came in. They gave away the Fight for the Light DLC pack for free as a goodwill gesture too all the (then) current subscribers for it being delayed. That was in September 2011. By then it's likely they had already decided to go down the F2P route.
    • Like x 1
  4. Harlequin Devoted Player

Even though I haven't logged in since SOT dropped, I got an email from SWTOR telling me I have received my monthly Cartel Coin (their version of Station Cash) stipend.That's 3000CC in my account and I haven't even so much as browsed their forums in months. All I've done is pay my subscription fee. Weird, huh?

I really need to remember to cancel that sub someday...
  5. BigGreenBudz New Player

Sorry to repost, but someone, anyone, please explain to me why they can't give me the 500 SC if i dont log in? they say the change HAD to be made, but never said why? Im calling BS on this. DCUO does not make advertising money of me signing in, they dont get paid for consuming more processing power or bandwidth in a given month. Where does whether ive signed in during each month come into play with being the ONLY way of making it acceptable to continue giving out SC?

We connect to DCUO server -> sony pays slightly increased power bill and consumes a portion of the available bandwidth per person
    We dont connect to DCUO server -> All costs associated with the servers will be lower
    The way i see it, i can ONLY get the SC they were fine with giving me up to now, by costing the company money and wasting their resources while I dont feel like playing it. I already paid you, why cant you be grateful and say "hey we charged him $15 all he got for it was 500 SC... he spent 3x more on SC than he had to" rather than "HAHA not only did u pay $15 and not log in, but because you didnt remember to log in this month we get to keep your SC"

In case no one has noticed, it costs sony exactly a whopping $0.00 for every 500 SC they give out, and for every 500 SC you spend, it costs sony the even more astounding $0.00 in pixels they deliver to you.

I tried to ask support by submitting a ticket but they didnt respond, honestly though if i was planning to screw my customers over with no legitimate reason and one of them started asking me questions, id ignore them too. The item i wish most was in the marketplace right now is an item that buys me a 15 minute, no "generic response" BS, conversation... Yes sony, at this point, i am willing to pay you money, just to be in a chat room with an employee to explain this to me.
  6. Joybird Committed Player

I'm kind of confused. Is the change from SC to LP still happening? Are we going to be getting both?

Also, I really don't like this requirement to log in. The OP mentions problems from another thread, but I don't know what he's talking about.
  7. Sore Steadfast Player

The SC to LP change is still happening. It's not both. It's going to just be LP. The OP problems in another thread is actually talking about another game. Other games were looking at getting just one item from the marketplace per month. They didn't have LP in their games. DCUO does. Players of other games would have been fine with LP. DCUO had it better than them. The whole poop-storm of bad-PR that this whole thing is about...doesn't apply to DCUO. SOE caved and are giving those games SC instead of the 1-item plan. We're still moving forward.

There are complaints with LP. If you have 500 LP and want to buy a 1000 LP item, you can't open your wallet and buy 500 LP to top up. You have to wait until next month to get that other 500 LP. That's a bummer, especially for people wanting to buy a big Armory package and leverage their LP. The log-in stipulation isn't as big of a deal as you'd think. There's a handful of bummer scenarios, e.g. military player on leave. Is that you? If you think about it, when was the last time you went an entire 28-31 days without logging in once. In the last 3 years, that has not happened once for me. I'm betting MOST (not all) players are the same...at least players with an active sub during that time. If not, you're probably the minority...vast vast vast vast vast minority.
    • Like x 2
  8. Harlequin Devoted Player

Are you certain of this? The way I understood the posts on this subject from SOE was that they were giving us SC still as part of their "every PC sub = all access" plan.

I would appreciate a green confirmation of which it is.
  9. Joybird Committed Player

Are you sure, Sore? This is the quote from the initial post:

". 3) We're keeping the 500 SC included with the subscription instead of going to the "pick an item" system. We heard you. You didn't like the change. The only change we are making is that we're now going to make you claim it monthly. You can still hoard it though I realize this is a bit of a pain but honestly it's the best compromise we could come up with that solves the problems I mentioned in the other thread."

I don't see anything about LP. My understanding was that this new change came after the LP change. That's why I thought that it replaced it.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yeah see I read on the update thread that the 500SC per month was remaining rather than the changes being made. I assumed this meant that we were not being switched over to LP. Any official word would be great though.

Well, not that it affects me anyway since I'm a PSG customer, but still.
    • Like x 1
  11. Gwalir Loyal Player

That post says it was originally posted on the Planetside forum though, so Sore may be right. After all, it mentions keeping SC instead of the pick an item system, but that was never an option for DCUO.

My guess is they posted that since most of it applied, and overlooked the SC part. That's just a guess though.
  12. BigAl Devoted Player

You, my friend, are the embodiment of entitlement.

For the record, any smart company has written in to their terms of service a clause. This clause says they are capable of changing the service, without the consumer's consent, at any time.

Cry, whine, spit, scream, claw, kick, slap, and do whatever it is you please to do to show your discontent. They can, and will, do changes whether you want a say in it or not.
  13. Joybird Committed Player

Yeah, that was my impression, too. We need a green name to weigh in on this.
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

The "all subs going all-access" is an angle I didn't factor in. Sorry.
    • Like x 1
  15. chaoticRE Well-Known Player

So I just sat here and read all 33 pgs of pure bs. Overall this whole update thing isnt effecting the psn community its just down grading the legendary subscription for the people who only play dcuo and upgrading the all access players. Personally this was a waste of my time to read...my hopes.....my dreams.....#GOINGPREMIUM
  16. igounfazed New Player

I'm not sure you are familiar with what 'entitlement' represents. Creating contracts myself, I am familiar with 'clauses', and while it is true that the clause exists: Requesting that the clause not be used in the manner currently intended, does not create 'entitlement'. Clauses provide the opportunity for both parties to discuss changes (there for this forums' thread). You also seem to ignore the specific request they have made for our opinions to be provided within this thread; which also takes away from your stated view of 'entitlement'.

Furthermore, there are other reasonable actions that can be performed rather than "Cry, whine, spit, scream, claw, kick, slap,..." that are more logical than a 5 year-old's behavior. Which is providing reasons for opinion, rather than unsupported statements of "boo-hoo", 'entitlement', or 'they can do whatever they want'. Especially when they ask for feedback to take under consideration during their meetings.

I understand that you may have, and have a right to have, your own opinion. However, that does not exclude you from the same sentiments you apply to others. Even if those are mirrored sentiments or not. We each will individually value what we have signed up for differently than others.

So, while you may not care over accessing the game without experiencing long interruptions, and therefor a loss of current benefits you would not endure; others that aren't as lucky as you being able to put away life for a game login, do.

Agree to Disagree should be the motto at this point.
    • Like x 1
  17. BigAl Devoted Player

Couldn't agree more. Perhaps neither of us can get to the same spot in thought because we are set in our ways.

I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught. ~ Winston Churchill
  18. BettylBrack New Player

To prevent my children addicted to the TV programmes and do harm to their eyes and study after getting the cell phone jammer I also get the Remote Control Jammer and by now everything is going on well and I am satisfied with the result.
  19. Frogh68 New Player

What if we have a lifetime subscription to DC Universe? Does that count as an All Access subscription?
    • Like x 1
  20. Rumour Committed Player

Legendary status for Lifers.