20 second weapon buff

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by stärnbock, Jun 18, 2021.

1. stärnbock Devoted Player

i just realized that the weapon buff stays for 20 seconds now, not sure when this was changed, but it is something i was asking for since the time stats revamp was on test server. very glad to see it was finally done, because i allways felt it would be needed. thx devs ^^

SUGGESTION:
    could you please raise the buff from the NVB artifact too to at least 12 seconds or more?
    6 seconds is to short of a time frame to allways hit with a WM combo and it is barely enough to get a second hit with my favourite weapon... do i realy have to mention waters cooldown remover?

any oppinions from the comunity, pls?
    • Like x 3
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

considering the severe reduction in potency, I'd be in favor of a 8-12 second uptime; NVB should still be the King of Precision Artifacts for a non-PI dependant build.
    • Like x 2
  3. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

The 6 second buff from Neo Venom Boost artifact is kinda weak. It should be as good or better than the Legionnaire Sparring A.I.

OR

Buff Neo Venom artifact AND buff Sparring A.I. even FURTHER since landing counters is much more difficult than using an ability to trigger a buff.
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

exactly, right? totally agree on that one. also nice would be a connection of the artifact with the super charge NVB ^^
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

i can totally see what you mean, yet i think that would be a little bit overkill ^^´
    maybe a slight adjustment to the playstyle stat would help,
    without changing multiple things ppl are sensible about allready...
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Supercharges were being worked on recently. Due to feedback and personnel changes that has been put on hold.
    • Like x 1
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I assume y'all are talking about Venom Wrist Dispenser, not the supercharge Neo Venom Boost
    • Like x 4
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

yes.

it was very late last night when I posted and after 6 miles and full-course upper body weights so I was a little tired. But I'm definitely referring to the VWD in my post.
    • Like x 1
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Glad you caught that...I knew there was something off when the OP wrote NVB artifact...completely changes the conversation.
    • Like x 2
  10. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Yeah, we were totally talking about the Venom Wrist Dispenser artifact. Thanks for fixing that for us. LOL
    • Like x 1
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

ooops, right! totally meant the dispenser. thank you for the clarification
    • Like x 2
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Agreed. Part of the problem with the change to flurry shot is it made might damage vital in making up for the 22.5% damage loss (or whatever the damage loss is by a slowed rotation clipping in powers to get the 4th tick). With the VWD giving no might, that's where it really falls short. but yeah, an extended period where it's active would really help. I also think the nerf to 16% was way too drastic, especially considering they came out with an artifact that boosts might by 30% (Amulet) shortly thereafter.
    • Like x 1
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

not to mention that there shouldn't be just *one* precision producer; also not to mention that the primary component in the primary precision producer seems to be a movement mode ability, which makes it seem like people should be balancing that ability instead of destroying all precision damage dealing capacity by crippling the artifacts and combos themselves instead...
    • Like x 2
  14. Siramez Well-Known Player

the amulet artifact comes with a risk tho, you need a good healer to use it while VWD dont have any risks to use in your gameplay
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Valid point. Although one thing people miss about comparing anything buffing might DPS to anything buffing precision DPS is that might buffs increase 97%-100% of a might DPS’s damage (depending on prevalence of weapon taps). Prec buffs only increase 80%-90% of precision DPS damage since clipping in might powers make up a decent chunk of precision DPS damage. I get the risk/reward factor of the Amulet. But all things considered, the Amulet is WAAAAY more potent of a might DPS artifact than VWD is for precision, even moreso than the 14% disparity suggests.

On a related note, that difference also applies to adaptive augments, sp % boosts, affinity mods, etc, etc. anything that appears to equally boost one or the other really doesn’t.
    • Like x 1
  16. Siramez Well-Known Player

which is why most prec dpses use grim as their 3rd artifact to do the most damage than might dpses and they always do, nowadays its always dependent on the power you play
    • Like x 1
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Correct. That is indeed why the meta arts for prec give both. That lends to my point of why VWD falls short of being a top prec DPS art when it was intended to be THE primary must-have prec DPS art.
    • Like x 2
  18. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

I have noticed there are amulet users who don't need healers.... think of the self-healing dps.... you'll know which powers really work with the amulet...
    it's the players ability to use the finisher, which appears to take some practice - to know it by heart.
    some players were never able to master rage - if you did - you might want to consider the amulet as a dps .... just saying
    • Like x 1
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

true that ^
    no WE player can ignore the importance of clipping, neither for WM´s (wich still benefit from it drasticly) nor normal combo clipping (wich would actually be the way to play hybrid) from time to time. wich results in a loss on both sides (not to mention SP needed for activating your combos on 2 or even 3 weapons).
    • Like x 1