Up-Votes Needed 2 Bugs relating to Science Spire 1st boss

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by King Bakes, Aug 31, 2021.

1. King Bakes Well-Known Player

I've noticed a couple of issues with this 1st boss.

The first issue is related to the Kryptonite Shard. I noticed that on the 28th August Hotfix one of the notes said that the Shard's timer has been increased. Since then I've noticed that the boss does his powerful attack before the Shard's timer has run out - making the increased time pointless as I'm already dead due to his attack. I can record if need be.

The 2nd issue I keep coming across is partly because of the above issue. If I do not use the shard in time, I sometimes run behind a pillar before he does his attack so that I avoid dying. After doing his attack, if I don't sprint back to him quick enough and attack him, his health resets. This has happened to me multiple times and it happens anytime I go out of range from the boss for more than maybe 5-10 seconds. Again, I can record if need be.
    • Like x 2
  2. RTX Well-Known Player

The first issue they simply didn´t tought about, i wouldnt have aswell. Needs a fix.
    The second "issue" isnt one, its basicly an protection to avoid people cheating (going behind walls to not getting attacked etc.)

However until it´s fixed, you can avoid that for a longer period if you using a pet, can be power based, trinket or even robot sidekick.
  3. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Running behind a wall for a few seconds to place a supply drop isn't "cheating". If I'm still in combat when I run behind the wall (which I am), then his health should not be resetting. I used the behind the pillar thing as an example btw. Same thing happens if you simply run to the other side of the room.

In fact on one occasion last night, I threw a shard at him and he flew away and bugged out - it kept saying 'evade' when I attacked him and then his health just reset - I wasn't even far away at all and I had a pet attacking constantly.

It's a similar scenario to King Shark in Survival Mode. His health should not be resetting, end of.
    • Like x 1
  4. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I generally just keep him where he spawns. If he does heat vision, lunge him, if he does skull, i just weapon smack him down
  5. Mr.W Committed Player

I mean going behind the pillar to lessen the damage you take is kind of the equivalent of a tank kiting imo opinion & that's not considered cheating lol. Especially since the adds he spawn can in fact pursue a person behind them to finish the job lol. And as the original poster said you are still in combat so that shouldn't matter.
    • Like x 1