1H Range Hold Still Out Of Line

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Giggles, Dec 6, 2013.

1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Yes, I do.

I do apologize, 5k was not the avg crit, in fact my top hit was actually 4.6k I had pvp rings on by accident for the testing so was at 1413 prec, 5k is probably the high with 1600 prec but maybe buffed too, either way tests with 1413 prec.
    I ran some tests again, because I honestly don't like going just from memory.

1413Prec, 192.1 dps weapon, 50% modifier
    1H I saw a range of 3.3-4.6k
    DW I saw a range of 3.7k to 5.4k

Does that seem like 10k to you? I had more prec but I'm getting half the damage on DW? what are you doing differently? Who is using an exaggerated number? I was 400 off, you were 4600 off...

DW has to be held for twice as long. That's far from 2X the damage. That's 17% more damage for twice the time?

I've already accepted it as being OP. And I don't care if others use it and beat me. There's plenty of better players than I, and more damage for the raid is always good. I think all range attacks need a revamp like they did for melee weapons last year.

I'll just leave it with this:

EDIT: oops, well that was with 1413 prec, for some reason I had PVP rings on.
    • Like x 2
  2. Dump Truck New Player

This is all great information, however, you forgot to include in your thesis that DW hits MULTIPLE targets with the charged BB (* and only splits at three or more), 1H DOES NOT!. 1h charged BB is single target only. You are comparing these two weapons using single target scenarios as your basis for imbalance. Thus, you are wrong. Situational advantages of one weapon over the other should exist. Your model is entirely situational based... that being single target environments. This is why you are wrong (on top of double the charge time which it is not). You lose. Thank you for playing. I here Marvel is looking for a guru.

And BTW I have recieved 10k crits with DW with Steam's debuff active, and 8k on 1H, but... again.... this is situational on single target environments... with the stars aligned regarding debuffs and buffs. Put the same weapons in Nexus where you have more multiple add encounters and DW (rifle and HB as well) would come on top.

Game, set, match, DT.

BTW: I also so just as many hits for 1,200, 800, and 1,000 off full charges in that video as well. You can omit them if you prefer, but we can see them in the video. Those 5k crits were great, but what about those 1k damage ones off a full charge? Do you really want to continue this?

/end discussion
  3. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

Ya, somebody pointed that out to me earlier. My bad.
  4. 13igtyme Devoted Player

While leveling and gearing up my new hero, I chose the 1h as my starter weapon. I found some rather interesting things. Regardless of the number of enemies or whether it was better to be range or melee. I found that doing the 1h focus blast was better. I could agro adds and either melee them all with every combo clipped with a power, or I could just hit a power for the 45% buff (singularity) and spam focus blast, no clip, and one shot every single add and kill the entire group faster. Even if the boss or enemy was point blank the whole time, the only point in meleeing was to get the hit counter up. This went on from level 1 in the brainiac ship all the way to T3 till I got a controller weapon.

And an edit for the discussion going on. Staff and DW will hit a single target for the same amount of damage, and DW splits after one. Meaning if DW hits one target for 4k, it will hit two targets for 2k, three targets for 1,333, etc.
  5. Claytoun New Player

Negative. 1H wasn't buffed after DW nerf, it was buffed long time before but people at that time were only using DW throw in raids so nobody knew about 1H potential damage
  6. Ogat New Player

The charge of 1h is confirmed by the devs to be 0.5s for the full dmg So there is that. Even if we'd assume your miracolous (faster then anyone else who timed it before time) for dual wield we'd arrive at 3 times less now wouldn't we?Granted due to the latency it might be closer to 0.7-0.8s but thats still TWO TIMES faster. And what's this nonsense bs that dual wield does not split on up to 3 targets? Have you actually played dual wield? Because news flash- it does split.. HEAVILY starting with... 2 targets. Staff is not even worth mentioning it is even slower then dual wield.
    Then in next post you mention "OH but i did a 10k crit on dw! With steams debuff " Do you realise how utterly irrelevant this sounds?+ There's a freaking vid of a person doing 14k with focused blast under same conditions.
    You can litrally get EO speed feat with just spamming FB with a modiffer and not be a burden to your group, you can kill people in pvp legends or arena with just spamming focused blast (counter->focused blast boom 4k! balance.).
    • Like x 2
  7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

You're delusional.

Game Set match? really? You're jumping around sir. First I say "DW should be twice the damage if it's twice the charge" and you say you get 10k with DW.... now it's all buffed up and you're getting 8k with 1h in that same situation.... dude make up your mind.

DW SPLITS on multiple targets. The damage potential isn't better with multiple targets, there's no benefit other than doing damage to them all, which is hardly a benefit and more a negative. Why do I want to do damage to all 4 when I could kill 1 fast then move on to the next. Sorry man you're wrong... again. Make DW split after 2, and then we can talk about the benefits of AE, but when it splits after one it's not really a benefit as it's more often negative than positive.

And yup, 1200, 800, 1000 hits, likely some of those were crits of partial charges that he accidentally let go early. ~1400 is the minimum full charge I was seeing with 1413 prec.

Also what about Staff, that's single target only, but about the same power as DW. It's not twice or even 50% higher damage than 1h, but it's charge is that much longer.

Sorry but you're grasping at straws. You're wrong, You want to hold on to something that's overpowered and are refusing to accept that it is. It's ok, there's nothing wrong with using something that's overpowered, that's just smart to do, but not recognizing that it's overpowered is just being silly. You're only fooling yourself.

And if you come back saying it's not double the time, ok, it's closer to double than anything else, but still. if you want to claim it's 1s and 1.5s then still it should be a 50% increase in damage for DW right? Well we're seeing a ~15-20% increase, not 50%... pretty far off.

And 1h is under 1s for it's charge, if you're doing a full 1s you're being slow.
    • Like x 5
  8. Flightboy New Player

This ^ I even switch between HB and 1h in nexus if I'm grudge matching against a league/friend dps. Switching to the 1h for lex fights lol. I read through all of this and Dump is 100% correct!
    • Like x 1
  9. Frankzilla Committed Player

Someone just mentioned and I'll repeat because I also said it earlier. 1h been hitting hard yall just didnt realize because you were to busy taking advantage of a legit weapon glitch with the dw. Now that your precious and yes I mean precious like lord of thde rings isn't working you wanna hate on the 1 hand. To mention how the damage splits on multiple targets is irrelevant because 1h isn't capable of that ability
    • Like x 3
  10. Frankzilla Committed Player

Not to mention in that video your posted he is using carnage for increased prec and critical chance so that not a judgement off of base prec. And try focus blasted with out introducing any buffs or modifiers you will see its true damage then you judgements may change.
  11. Giggles Loyal Player

The logic that one weapon is not broken and all the other weapons are, is so ridiculous it isn't funny.

Do those of you defending one hander know how terrible that sounds? So you are saying out of 11 weapon choices, the devs made a mistake and broke 10 out of 11 weapons and that is why the other 10 need to be buffed up to one handers level? Do you guys even think about what you are saying before you post? :D

It would be much easier to balance the one weapon that is or is not working with all the other weapons, than to fine tune 10 other weapons to level of one single weapon. Businesses are all about managing two things, time and money. Simple math will show you the dev team would save a LOT of time and money by simply fixing one hander than buffing all 10 other weapons. :p
    • Like x 2
  12. KilawompV New Player

So glad there was a dislike button for this one.
  13. Giggles Loyal Player

Let me guess, you use 1H too?

What a surprise! *sarcasm* :D

If you are going to post against something, at least provide reasoning behind it so you don't look as ignorant as you seem. ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Frankzilla Committed Player

Fyi no one said all other weapons are broken like I said before where were the complaints about 1h before dw got fixed. There were none but 1h was doing the same damage then now all of a sudden 1h is broken. Lol that logic is ridiculous some weapons just aren't good for the play styles that are exceeding in this game. Outside of that brawling and 2h need ranged buffed dw staff need ranged fixed so full charge attacks register correctly other then that its no problem. See no one mentions if you let the bow ranged attack charge then do explosive arrow it hits harder then 1h with 2 attacks the first one you charged and explosive arrow but no one uses that weapon so you not hating on it. I could understand if you could just use 1h entire raids every raid but you cant because its not good aoe in which completely makes it not op
  15. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Why are you even arguing with middle-schooler? They haven't learned algebra yet, they'll figure out these things for themselves when they pick up more math skills.

What a scrub remark!

Only on these forums will an opinion about the game brings out the little kids and insults!

Your "middle-schooler" shows through in this response lil'boy!

Grow up and act like I hope your parents taught you as a child, wait, they failed apparently!

My opinion and sticking to it!

Have a nice day!

IA ARMY
  16. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Yup that's why I was one that reported the dw issue...
    • Like x 2
  17. Dump Truck New Player

It is not, you are comparing a charged single target damage move with ones that hit multiple targets. Thus it is apples and oranges. Yes, the 1H has an advantage when single targets are present, as is most of paradox which is what everyone is using as a basis for their arguements, but this single target advantage becomes a disadvantage when multiple targets are present. That is why rifle, DW, and HB are better in Nexus than 1H. That is why players should not be comparing the 1H to DW. What needs to happen is players should be comparing the 1H to other weapons whose charged BB is single target, like 2H, which admittedly need a buff.
  18. Dump Truck New Player

You are comparing a single target charged BB to ones that hit multiple targets. Thus, your arguement is flawed because you are using situational advantages as the basis for your argument. Players should be comparing the 1H to other weapons in raids where there is not significant situational advantage, like Nexus which has a mix of ads and single targets. Then you will realize the 1H does not need a nerf as rifle, HB, and DW are superior to 1H in that raid because they hit multiple targets.

That is like saying Detonate is over powered compared to Mass Det and only using single target scenarios in Paradox for your arguement. Where as Mass Det hits many targets.
  19. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Tried that with Brawling and you see where that went...

That one kid just can't accept my opinion on the un-balance between Brawling and 1 handed!

If you don't agree with the fanboy your opinion is for not on these forums, right or wrong!

IA ARMY
  20. Giggles Loyal Player

You must not be reading this thread then. there are so many comments in here saying "don't nerf 1h, bring the other weapons up to one handers level!" You should really start reading before posting. When a single range move hits harder than any power or weapon combo, it is broken. It is simple logic, and extremely easy to see. The only people against this are those currently abusing this exploit. As many others have said, when everyone flocks to a specific power or weapon, 9/10 times it isn't because it is fun, it is because something unintended is taking place. It's called "common sense".
    • Like x 2