1H Range Hold Still Out Of Line

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Giggles, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Infinity New Player

These guys must be lagging really bad or something. Just go to a dummy and see what the damage is off less than a 90% charge. For me, I hit for like 300-700 if less than full charge. A full charge non-damage-modified hits for like 1300-2000 ish.
    • Like x 1
  2. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

Oh, my bad then. That was around the time I took a little hiatus.
  3. Frankzilla Committed Player

Here we go nerf nerf nerf... First off I use 1h for single target and there is nothing wrong with it you have to let it charge fully just like staff and dw. They only difference is the focus blast charge is shorter then dw and staff that's it. Staff and dw still crit harder then 1h so I dont see the complaint. The devs can check that out themselves 1h focus blast is legit compared to the dw jump cancel its no where near close.
  4. Dump Truck New Player

While I agree with most on power sets that are the top, from my experience most players, esp in pugs, do not know how to use them properly. I get accused of being a FOTM 1H user when I top the charts as fire, but really it is the player not the weapon or power set.

DPS charts mean more than anything though. Must top chart or others are glitching. Even if it means we wipe in dox, so long as I'm top DPS... This is the mentality of a lot of DPS's.
    • Like x 1
  5. Cadens Dedicated Player

Why do people complain about a weapon doing decent damage? Its not like its a power you cant use... just GET A ONE HAND!!!
  6. proxyreiv New Player

Is so funny how some people still says one handed charge attack is ok, probably one handed users...

Even if im a tank in pvp tank gear i can do like 900-1000 with one charge attack and just spam that attack in 2vs2, the problem at least in my opinion is the charge time is too short for that damage.

One handed charge attack needs less damage and keep that charge time or the same damage but more charge time.

No wonder why everyone is using one handed... because...yeah is pretty balanced (sarcasm).
    • Like x 1
  7. Cadens Dedicated Player

You are acting like you need to pay 10 bucks to use it or something....
  8. Frankzilla Committed Player

No weapon needs to be buffed dw and staff crit way harder then 1h that is fact. They just need to be fixed there is no reason why when you fully charge dw or staff ranged attack you should be hitting targets for double digits. I fully charged the staff once and hit a sparring target for 9 that was a crit lol. That's the problem in there method to a so called fix they ended up breaking those ranged attacks.
  9. proxyreiv New Player

Im acting like someone who wants balance between weapons, i dont really get your reply... and the "if you think is OP use it" logic is just wrong.

Near 80-90% people using the same weapon, thats gonna tell you something... and no, is not because is a "comfortable or easy" to use weapon.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ogat New Player

It's not the same it got a ~40% dmg increase at same time dw was nerfed. Confirmed and tested by a lot of people.
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

When most of the player base switch to one thing that thing is almost always unbalanced. Players are complaining about the 1h buff, because soe just nerfed dw to bring it down to other melee rng atk weapons. Make DW dmg split after 4 adds and buff staff rng dmg, because then charge is longer. This is for a different thread, but I will say it here, instead of nerfing cele bring the range weapons dmg more aligned to melee weapon dmg in melee range. If soe buffed the range weapons dmg we wouldn't see so many nerf threads
  12. thesteelshadow1 New Player

instead of nerfing 1h bring the other weapons up pls. if 1h is nerfed every non celes or hl will be forced to use hbs. have all 11 weapons being good at range would make for a much more interesting game.
  13. Cadens Dedicated Player

Because 90% of people want to see really big numbers. 1. Its single target, and only does 5k when you have a bonus up. DW will still hit for 3k higher on a single target. 2. All other weapons should be fixed. The mechanics of 1hand are by far the best. Fast for PVP and easily clippable, as well as a great blockbreaker that does good damage.

Stop the dang nerf calls, and just work on OTHER weapons. The 1 hand is easy to use, very fluid, and produces great results. But no, lets just nerf it so no one uses it.
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

DW takes over twice as long to charge so it's not a reasonable comparison at all.

I get 5k crits with no buffs whatsoever. I am at 192 weapon dps and 1600 prec though.

No one is calling for a nerf, we're calling the devs out for a bug as far as we know as it was a 40% increase that was never mentioned in patch notes and never confirmed by devs as something that was supposed to happen.
    • Like x 2
  15. Dump Truck New Player

IMO HB, DW, and Staff are in line with 1H. You see people using it because they are getting beat by DPS's using it. Also because it is single target, which is most of what Paradox entails. I believe rifle is also in line as you gain speed for the loss of damage with grenades (allowing you to clip faster). They need to bring 2H up to par.

Just because 'everyone else is using it' does not mean it is OP. Most are copycatting people who are beating them in DPS charts and many have not moved on from the 1H since they adjusted it so you need a full charge. The 1H now requires a full charge for the higher damage, making it back in line. (Admittedly, it was OP previously as you received the full charge damage for only a 30% charge - this was corrected about 2-3 weeks ago in a hotfix) It is far easier for players to complain about something than it is to figure out what they are doing to not top the DPS chart and I believe this is what is going on with the OP.

I encourage others to try out the DW (hold triange -> clip) HB (Hold triangle - tap triangle -> clip) staff (hold triangle -> clip) and rifle (Grenade -> clip, repeat) and you will see that they are all relatively in line with one another. (Rifle because you gain speed for the lack of damage).

With 1270 precision, I'm averaging 1,200 - 1,500 on an average full charge (with a 35% buff and penetrating strikes) Crits are around1,500 - 3,800 on average. Yes, sometimes I get huge 5K crits, but this is maybe 5% to 10% of the time. This type of crit is not happening every single time or even close to it, players commonly forget to mention that and only use the highest crit information and use it as the average when asking for nerfs. My question would be, how often do you get those 5k crits? If they say every time or even 50% of the time, they are lying.

Non full charges hit around 200 - 500. This is completely in line with staff and less than DW. Rifle hits for about 900 on average with the same buffs (but is far quicker, enabling you to use more powers faster) Thus, I believe the OP's post is disingenuous and more a complaint about being topped on the DPS chart by someone using the 1H than it is on the 1H itself.
    • Like x 1
  16. Dump Truck New Player

You are not consistently critting or getting 5k crits everytime. I know my crits are between 2k-5k, and with fiery wpn and neo-venom active I still only crit about 30-40% of the time. I would love to know how to get a 5k crit every single time, please share.
  17. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Of course not, did I say I was constantly getting 5k crits? No, I was refering to what I quoted as saying you only get 5k crits when you have a bonus, I get them normally when I crit just no buffs base (well 35% modifier from power usage or higher but I figure that's a given maybe not though). Either way when I crit it's usually for right around 5k sometimes a little lower sometimes higher, with buffs it gets way higher.
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

No they aren't, they just simply aren't. Staff/DW hit a little harder than 1h, but have over double the charge time. So no, Not in any way shape or form are they balanced and on the same level.
  19. Dump Truck New Player

You must have either far more precision than I have or be doing something completely different than me, I have 1270 precision (might focused) and with a 35% buff, Fiery Wpn active, and neo-venom, I'm still gettting crits around 3,500 on average. I do get 5k crits but these are no more than 10% of the time.
  20. Dump Truck New Player

I average 3500 on 1h crits, 6k on DW clips, seems about right to me.