164 cr and the parser

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Immortal Kyrro, May 16, 2016.

1. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

What's considered good damage at 164 on the 3 targets in league halls?
  2. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Above 250K. I heard some players doing around 500K. Not sure what time length they are using, 10-30-60-etc..
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I never tried 3 target. I know single target I do about 130 k on 60 sec parsers.
  4. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I like to do both but I get a baseline on 3 first

5. bagofboom Committed Player

Shouldn't your power, SP allocation and mods be a factor in the question? And also, but to a lesser degree; buff sodas, SC and trinkets used?
    One could say 55k for one power is good (per second) and another could say 100k. It's been awhile since I've diligently tested on sparring targets at end game CR, it's not reliable. Sure it can help provide a baseline for what you CAN do but not necessarily what you WILL do. Being so much higher than the targets, accuracy isn't a given.
    Honestly, for myself, the best way to test to get "real life" numbers is to enter a solo (the highest you can complete), put on your parser tab and go to work. You will have to deal with interrupts and blocks and debuffs and damage in and everything else that's "real" combat related.
    With my main (163cr 185sp Ice dps) I can do 3 million damage easily on sparring targets in 60 seconds, that typically DOES NOT carry over into raids or alerts. It CAN, just not the norm. My endgame Atomic will get different numbers as will my endgame Celestial. Obviously.
    Long story short (too late, lol), targets aren't the end all, be all of your abilities as a dps. At best you get a generalization of what you're capable of. The real test, the PROOF, is in actual combat and that's how your (our) parsers should be tested and noted.
    My 2 cents.

Long Live DCUO!!
  6. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Obviously sparring targets don't give accurate information, but the powers are balanced around it. Theoretically all powers that were balanced this far will produce similar numbers.

No buff sofas or trinkets, just rotation testing. I'm trying to find my max potential and am looking to get in the ballpark. Mods and special aren't critical info for me atm because I assume any answers in the correct ballpark ate modded and Specced correctly.

Once I have a baseline of Max potential I can tweak for realistic expectations. This includes realistic allowances for range and interrupts.

So using the numbers of 250kdps I can say I'm in that ballpark at max potential. Of course that's unrealistic in content so now I try for a varied rotation that gets me as close to that as possible. Then I will test it in instance against known players

• Like x 2
  7. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I believe the reason you're supposed to use sparring targets at the same level is due to how stat flattening/differential works. I don't believe it's straight armor penetration that is going to work equally on all things. Your power interactions, your damage modifier (even with max damage, there's still in/active states), your AM, and so forth may work differently against the target if you are above it or below it. I don't think you can scale it simply by saying #CR should do # damage, and #+CR should do #+ damage.
  8. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Agreed. Which is why I didn't post results or ask for actual results. I only want a general idea of where I should be ballpark. So I know where I stand with a new power

• Like x 1
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I never do it because it really doesn't tell you what your true damage will be. Raids now have npc with low health and higher health, mini bosses with npcs, and bosses with npcs. Those dummy will not tell you what kind of burst damage your power can do. You can parse ok dam age with nature and electric, but that does not translate into good numbers in a raid.

The way dps is now. Burst thru hallways and dot with hard hitter on boss. This covers all powers.
  10. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I agree, but in perspective I switched powers from sorcery to munitions and am trying to understand
    Timings and rotations

11. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

The thing around 126 CR targets is this. HH and lower content you should be producing close to those numbers. Bombshell and higher, not so much.
  12. Delta796th Loyal Player

10 second parser, midrange, League hall @3 dummies

On Atomic at 161 I'm averaging around 49-52k using 1234 / Doing some testing between combo & 1234 with a leaguer @ 163 he was around 56-58k (+we would see spikes as high as 81k in 10 second parser.

On my HL 164 main melee rotation I avg 62-64k / midrange is around 47k

I understand it's not true at level damage, but a good way to identify where you are at and how to tweak it
  13. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Exactly, especially when I'm new to the power. At 164 munitions still modded precision heavy I'm averaging 210k dps with 10 second parses. Midrange is about 150k

14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

That is funny, I did the same thing. I like sorcery for pvp. Changed to munitions cause I started doing pve again. It's so much easier than sorcery. Basically ice with guns, lol.
  15. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Yeah u kicked my assignment in pvp a couple times. I love sorcery for both but realistically I need to stay away from solo healing. It's too stressful on the ps3 anymore.

16. Delta796th Loyal Player

Wait....what?
    I only look at average over 10 seconds not total. If you are 210k total you are WAY low
  17. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

That's 210k a second. 2.1 million in 10 seconds

18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

OMG, I can only imagine how bad it is now on ps3. I feal, with server stability current situation, that my ps4 runs like it did on the ps4. Just prettier graphics. I can't heal in pve, is why I changed. This game doesn't think about those with handicaps. Back in the day the health bars were at the top of the screen. Well I am blind in one eye. When they moved the health bars to the left I couldn't pve heal anymore. Cant see that side. The devs need to make it so we can move things like the chat box, map, and health bars to other places on the screen like pc players.

Sorry, went a little off topic there, lol.
  19. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I got an SSD in my ps3 and it helps but I have serious delay from the time people take damage to the time I see the health bars drop. I would hear someone say I'm down but on my screen everyone's at full health. 3 seconds later I see their empty bar