13 to 14 second rallies??!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by WhiteW0lf, Oct 19, 2014.

1. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Just did a safe house rescue arena and EVERY TIME I went down it was a minimum of a 13 second re-spawn timer. I have never seen this before. Is this intended? Was this a deliberate change? Did I miss a recent announcement? 13 to 14 seconds is a pretty ridiculous re-spawn time. Just wondering if this is a bug or intended. If it is intended, why?
  2. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I had a 2v2 legends partner complain that all but one of his respawn timers was giving him 13-14, too. Mine were zero, six, four, and the like, while he took forever to join me. Together, we could've easily beat those two.
    • Like x 1
  3. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

The minimum I had was 8sec and maxims 14 sec.I thought it was deliberate but when I found out, out of 20 friends maybe 14 of us had this issue. Seriously annoying how screw pvp has gotten. I get it in legends too not just arena
    • Like x 2
  4. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

try 19 second respawns in 1v1/2v2. That'll make or break since 19 is a LONG *** time to be out of the fray in the terms of pvp.
    • Like x 2
  5. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Just a theory:
    - Isn't those timers based on Client-Server synchronization intervals? If so, variables like Server Lag, the ISP performance of the players, etc. are variables that will increase that number.

A way to confirm if true is checking for consistency when servers are in low population and around the time they were just recently rebooted.

If the number is the same around those times then it's a Server issue noon related to other factors.

If the number is lower, then the ISP and the amount of players in game is what's affecting the number.

First scenario means, SOE should upgrade their Servers and Network structure or give better maintenance. Second scenario, it's yours or the other player ISP, nothing you can do about it.

In the end, is just a theory.
  6. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Interesting theory. It just seems that if that were the case the problem would have happened at some point before.
    • Like x 1
  7. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

I remembered seen 60 seconds in the past and then it was changes in a server hotfix.
  8. Try Hard Well-Known Player

Ive had 13 second timers at times in pvp.It seems to start the moment I "take a knee" and lasts about the time it takes for the rally cog to disappear.Once the cog vanishes the normal timer to respawn starts.
  9. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Well then they need to go fix it again lol.
    • Like x 1
  10. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

No these were making me wait the full 13 seconds.
  11. Anuve New Player

Yeah. I was just doing a 2v2 and nearly every respawn took me 9-13 seconds. The enemy team got such a huge break, as I was only able to even participate for a portion of the match.
    • Like x 1
  12. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Yeah this definitely needs looked at.
  13. Crimson Jonni New Player

The absolute worse is that you have to sit there and watch the rally timer now, cause if you dont, the timer doesnt countdown. Got myself a 15 second rally timer in batcave, and i didnt watch the rally timer . 15 seconds pass, i pull up the rally menu and i still have 15 damn seconds that are just now beginning to countdown. By that time, my enemy is racking up assloads of points because of some bull respawn timers.

Yes, i'm angry
  14. ACW37162 Loyal Player

The last time I ventured into a pvp match, which was before the mark change to lair battles, I had five or six 14-15 /sec timers in a row.
  15. ChuckLess New Player

I always wondered what determined the amount of time it took to respawn. Sometimes is 0, other times its up to 9 seconds.

I've asked others in the past, and no one seems to know...

Edit: I can see no reason for a difference in respawn timing. It should always be the exact same amount of time.
  16. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

I agree. There should be zero luck factor in pvp (or as close as possible)
  17. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

From the beginning to the ending of a match there is a timer that repeatably counts down from 10. Each time the countdown hits zero, if anyone is dead they can respawn. The countdown keeps going the whole match but you can only see where it's at when go down and are waiting for it to hit 0. It's supposedly done this way so that players will re-spawn in waves.

This current issue is a glitch that i have encountered many times. When i get this glitch i will have nothing but 14 second wait times between spawns for the entire match. It seems this glitch has a chance of happening every time you enter a new pvp match. if i get this glitch then i have it the entire match. If i die and i'm on the 10 second timer then i'm completely good for that match. It seems to be something that glitches upon entry of the match.
    • Like x 2
  18. ChuckLess New Player

Respawn in waves?! LOL! There's not enough players at any one time for such a thing. No wonder it's never made any sense... it doesn't!
  19. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

In a shadowlands match, I got 14 second respawns the entire time. Only got to fight 6-5 times
    I shut off my PS4 in absolute frustration after that
  20. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

I don't blame you. Fortunately I haven't encountered it again since writing the OP.