10yrs and dps scorecard chasers are still ruining the game.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Spartanknight, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

An even faster way for one to get to “the end” is to delete their account. That way they’re not wasting time with those annoying, pesky and time consuming “anything and everything”.
    • Like x 4
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Please forgive me, but I literally do not understand what you're saying here.

What does this mean? How are money and the scorecard related?
    Why? You're making assertions here without explaining them.
    In-game money? How does being faster in completing missions significantly affect your in-game money?
    I have a lifetime membership. What "cost of the game" am I affected by in relation to speed of completion?
    Well, why not? Again, you just keep making assertions with no explanations or attached arguments or logic. You're just asserting. Which isn't very persuasive.

What's persuasive are actual logical arguments that are laid out and not left to the reader's imagination. Argument-by-assertion is not useful.
    • Like x 3
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You mean "some dps want to compete." Many do. And many do not.

What's wrong with it is when it's at the expense of completing the instance quickly.

Honestly, I don't get the appeal of running up a number that is literally forgotten by everyone ten seconds after you leave the instance. If that rings people's chimes, fine, but it really isn't everyone who cares about a meaningless number in a game. Some of us have actual serious matters to deal with in life; prioritizing a game is great if you're a kid, but adults, with families or without, have to focus on minor things like health, being employed, running a business, accomplishing real life goals, keeping enough income flowing in to meet one's needs, and so on, not to mention the serious issues and crises affecting the country and the world.

These are things that matter. Not some meaningless number in a game, of all things. If you feel it's really really important to run up a number on a scorecard in a computer game, you clearly have no actual serious issues in life to deal with. The scorecard in DCUO is not exactly a life-or-death matter. Lots of things in the real world are. What the heck does your scorecard number yesterday mean to anyone but you? Even to you, how did it materially improve your life? What important validation does a scorecard give you that actually matters? How is it more important than putting food on the table or dealing with serious illness or wanting to see justice in the national justice system, or anyting that actually matters?

I love DCUO. I've played since Battle For Earth. I've sunk a ludicrous amount of money into the game over the years, as well as my time.

But there's such a thing as perspective. What I value is the fun of the game, not some notion that my running up some number somehow improves my life or makes me a better person. So long as I'm doing a good job of being a dps, when I play that role, I couldn't care less whether I'm top, second, third, or fourth as dps. Because which I am changes exactly nothing in my life. In five years, or ten, or twenty, what is anyone going to care about your scorecard number? A week later, who cares about it? How about an hour later? Who cares?

What I care about is simply doing a good job. But that's me.
    • Like x 3
  4. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Why are you worried about how others enjoy the game if you have more important irl incentives to pay attention to? You have a various amount of none mmo issues to prioritize, yet you’re on an mmo forum complaining about how others find fun in the game, while according to you, you have more important things to worry about.

You explained that what you value is fun, which in return makes you a hypocrite because competing is valued as fun for the people who do it.
    • Like x 5
  5. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Reg mechanics are second nature and essentially autonomously done Because they’re that easy. Elite is where you’ll find a more keen playerbase because the content is mandating it.
  6. gemii Dedicated Player

The game would die without it
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I said exactly neither of those things. One way you can tell that is that there's no logical progression from your first claim to your second.

No, I didn't. I suggest reading more closely in future.
  8. Spartanknight New Player

i have a character for each power. I won't lie i didn't even read your post. You lost at me saying in nature and dirty **** user. That to me sounds like you just want to defend them. Who i am is someone who has been on the game since day 1. This always leads to the same thing. Nerfs followed by nerfs followed by nerfs. Then things get messed up and they do a whole revamp. Then nerfs happen again and again. There will always be players that figure out the best rotations and players that don't. Then they cry because they are not top dps on the scorecard. They should focus on ways to better their powers instead of working on getting other powers nerfed. The better option is to remove the scorecard
  9. Spartanknight New Player

Burn just makes content faster. Survivability is what completes content. So, you're saying the ones that look at the scorecard and complain should look somewhere else instead? Yeah like that would help. The scorecard does nothing to help complete content. You can tell just from watching what is going on. You can tell when the heals are crappy, when the power sucks, when the npcs are everywhere, and when someone keeps dying more than anyone else. So, the scorecard doesn't really help as much as you think. Back in the day we ran 2 of each. Then we moved 1,3,2,2. Then 1,4,1,2. And now 1,5,1,1,1. If you can't beat something with 5 dps burning then the problem lies in one of those support roles and not the dps. Unless one of those dps keep dying and needing to get picked up which causes chain reaction deaths. Yes, it sucks for the ones that use it to compete and have fun but, the sore losers are the ones who ruin it and the game. So, the scorecard needs to go because of them.
  10. Spartanknight New Player

The problem is that the scorecard is what people use to justify a nerf. I got beat in the scorecard. It must be because of this power. Nevermind other powers beat that said power. Nevermind there is a difference in skill, gear, and skill points. Ot is just im not top mentality. No scorecard no im not top mentality. Which means no nerf cries. You can't ask for nerfs when you can't compare. You are just left with the fun of playing your power like you want.
    • Like x 1
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

1: you sound all sorts of salty. Like I have said many times, I don't ask nor want nerfs. I'm completely fine with how everything is. Take away the scoreboard, also don't care. Some will and those are probably the ones spending the most real money. So if they do scrap it, get ready for price increases on mp and possibly the end of free to play and even again possibly the end of non membership at all. All cuz people don't like it. Makes sense.
    2: again, missing the point. If people want to have fun with it, let them. You state survivability is key. I can agree to that. So you're in a raid. Fbe, hawkman fight. No ones dying, but you already know it's a burn check. Tanks tanking, powers fine, solo healer cuz moar burn. So 5 dps. Group wipes 3x in a row. Well, there's not enough damage. Who needs to go? How do you know? So let's kick the lowest cr. Maybe they're only 2cr lower but it's all we got to go on. Kick and replace. Rinse and repeat for an hour till you get it right? Maybe it got worse cuz it turns out that kicked player was your top burn. So if anyone would like to vote for scoreboard removal: you better be max cr, all augs maxed, and 200 good artifacts or otherwise you're 1st on the kick list everytime. Unless someone has an idea of how to check things like how much boss damage has been done by any individual in the group? Oh wait, we already do and could just leave stuff alone instead of always trying to change crap
    • Like x 2
  12. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

So if there wasn’t a scorecard do you rage initial state would’ve never been nerfed, even though it was noticeably overpowered. You didn’t need a score card to see prenerfed rage’s potential, and you don’t for anything else broken
  13. Saami Loyal Player

I think that scoreboard chasing isnt as bad as it used to be.

I came back from long break and after several instances it seems that people are nice to each other and also helping and not calling names when something goes wrong. Unlike in old "good" days. Ofc im running old CR230-250 content so that could be reason.
    • Like x 1
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I generally see the same. The scoreboard let's some people that play relaxed see that they have room to improve and that in turn gets them to ask questions and try new things, makes di money, let's more players be true contributors. All good things. I'm guessing the people against it have had their feelings hurt or something by ebullies. Someone said the numbers are forgotten an hour later. Forgot to reply to that: myself and many others take pictures or write some of that info down to track improvement. "You" personally may not find fun in that but many manyyyy mmo players do. Plus, face facts, it's not any of our calls. It's not going anywhere, it's been here since the beginning.
    • Like x 2
  15. Fwames Well-Known Player

To be honest I haven't met anyone yet that raves about the scoreboard being so toxic except for the ones we've kicked because of being such a negative on team performance.
    • Like x 2
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

There's no Tank or Controller or Healer competition, only DPS competition. So my solution to you is: Just play a support role and you'll be fine!
    • Like x 2
  17. Kal~el Committed Player

You make some valid points, but if people are going to leave because the scorecard is removed...well people have left for similar reasons.

Many have already left this game.
  18. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

I play as DPS. I just try not to die and to deliver my share of damage. Where I come out at on the final tally isn't really a concern of mine. I just want to contribute to the victory. Reviving people when possible also. My other role is Controller and I was never really good at it so I gave it up, geared up for DPS and that's it.
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Exactly. Even though I consider DPS to be my primary role (only by a smidge as I’m equally as skilled and knowledgable in troll role), I still loathe DPSing reg raids and always try to troll them on the rare occasions I run reg. It’s practically ALWAYS a DPS comp in the minds of the DPS’s. Just today some leaguemates and I were helping another leaguemate tank a reg run as they don’t play often and tank even less often. We had to LFG a few spots and I made the mistake of staying in DPS role while my leaguemate filled out the roster and he got someone else to troll. At the end of the run, one of the PUG DPS’s said “better luck next time!” Before leaving the group. Ironically, I was top in boss damage which means they were not only competing without telling anyone else it was a competition, but they were apparently competing in killing reg raid hallway adds which is arguably the easiest and least skill-dependent thing one can do in this entire game.

The things some people do to seek validation. SMH..
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lmao i had that happen the other day as well almost identical situation. Wonder if it was same guy hahaha
    He said “and thats how its done ladies” an bailed immediately. He out-damaged me by 2 mill and i had his boss damage by 9 mill smh. It was F&B if memory serves lol