100 Hits

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by darth_paul, Aug 6, 2016.

1. darth_paul Dedicated Player

We used to be able to get the 100 hits feat using the sparring dummy, but when I made a new character to try and get the feat using my sparring dummy in my base it didn't work. Has this been changed or is it a glitch? I just used a replay badge to unlock the feat on my newest character, but wondering why it wouldn't work all the same.
  2. Please Be Friendly Level 30

3. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I would say it is working as intended as you are not doing the feat the intended way to get that feat.

Sparring targets did not used to allow for hit counters but that was changed due to some power sets requiring the hit counter for damage buffs ( see Hard light)

The hit counter feat being able to be completed on a test dummy was an unintended result of this change. They have recently fixed it so people cannot cheat their way to the 100 hit feat. Even though the feat is very easy, they never intended on you being able to do this on a sparring target.

So The fact that we at one point were able to receive said feat on a dummy was the bug.
  4. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Couple of things. #1, using the sparring dummy to get the 100 hit feat is cheap and #2, it isn't supposed to work that way. I always get the 100 hit feat before leaving the Braniac ship fighting the wave of ads with Superman/Lex quite easily.
  5. darth_paul Dedicated Player

OK, I wasn't aware that it was a bug, and honestly I don't care if it was a bug that allowed for a cheap way of doing it. All I care is that it was possible and now it is not. I've had alts where it was possible to get right on the ship and some where I could not depending on how fast a weapon each character has. Like I said, I can always just unlock the feat with a badge. No big deal. It's not worth trying to waste my time trying to get it otherwise if I don't get it right from the start on the ship.
  6. B0NE DADDY Well-Known Player

Bro been playing this game for 5 1/2 years and was never able to get feat on sparring target
  7. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Well, I'm not making it up. I did it, and when I just made a new character I could not.
  8. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

You could for a while when they first made it so you could build the combo counter on the targets.
  9. DaBeama Well-Known Player

The way I did it on my newly created characters is on Brainiac's ship on the one creature that has the shield up. You're supposed to lunge to break it. I just use it to increase the hit counter.
  10. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I already know this, and I've already stated that I have done it the "right way" blasting all of the robots on the Brainiac ship. My point is that it hasn't always been 100%, I've made 16 characters thus far, and a few of them didn't get it on the ship for one reason or another. Slower weapon, hit counter interruptions, whatever. I found that you could do it with the hit counter showing up on the sparring target as an alternative. Now, that's not the case anymore.
  11. Knight SCDM New Player

I also did it at the end of Brainiac's Ship where you fight with your superman or lex. I just picked a side where lex or superman wasn't and kept range attacking.