10 years of content and most hasn’t been played at level

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nautical enthusiast, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Nautical enthusiast Well-Known Player

Why not recycle some of the early instances? Take the bat caves, FOS’s, prime battleground and bump them up to current cr? I would bet more than 90% of the game hasn’t run these at level. Rotate them every couple of weeks if you don’t want them up for too long. That would have solved the 1 raid problem from the last couple episodes. You could even have an elite version where you bump the enemy cr.
    • Like x 2
  2. Zoe· YouTuber

They already recycle a lot of maps from older content. (Just saying)

I think they should do more "Raid The Universe" bonus weeks, and add more rewards (But more leaning through rare styles...
    or bunch of nth metal and stuff for artifacts, and catalysts) people would run it. They could also buff the Instances just for that week-
    Let's say they did again the Amazon Fury stuff, so buff all instances of this specific RTU week, and then It's like the best of both worlds:

- It's challenging again
    - It has good (Random) rewards people can farm and sell on the broker.

Just how I see that.
    • Like x 2
  3. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

If they want to keep one elite raid as it is, they need to add something more. Returning old raids as content seems a great way. In terms of rewards why just dont make the collection from retired tc drop there:)
    • Like x 1
  4. Vella Active Player

Go buy the gear for the episode, give yourself 150 - 200 sp, no arts. Bam classic raids are hard again.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Don't even need to do that. Strip off some gear to lower CR to the tier appropriate level. Remove an aug or 2 (or all of them) and take off your artis. If you wanted, you could also visit the respec machine and pull out some SP, but it's not really needed if you do the rest. You will have all the struggle you want and can handle. I'd guess 1 wipe later, most groups will be geared back up, because they don't REALLY want this situation.
    • Like x 4
  6. TomShepard Active Player

OR we can just have walk-ins for the rest of the dlc-s and you can walk in and pretty much solo these with a cr320..You kill 2 birds with 1 stone as you kill the looong wait for instances and anyone can do them at any time.
    • Like x 1
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Im a huge advocate for walk ins. I cant see a reason to not give us the walk in option :(
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

2 things against walk-ins. #1 they have been known to have bugs, such as in Paradox...both with the apparent loot glitch and I know it used to DC you when you walked out about 1/4 the time. #2 you can't 'open' the instance as it's not an instance. Assuming you could short queue into content, once you arrive inside you could open it up and pick up a few people who are queued...meaning more people can get into group content vs soloing everything. It would also give you an out if you only had 3 people where a 4 man mechanic is needed later in the run (like Prison Break). Chances are there will always be 1 or 2 people queueing up who are not using the 'no matchmaking' option or whatever. Assuming they are, and you open your instance, they could land there. Walk-ins are invite only.

There is a 3rd problem we can already see but likely wouldn't be an issue yet as the content is newer. Bonuses on 'instance' content will not apply on walk-ins. Next time there is a WV bonus week, go use a walk in portal for the solo. You will come up short. Even happens today if you have the 2 level 17 mods in...no bonus coins on the walk-ins.
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Got ya, i have long been an advocate of giving us the option to “short Q”. Say you an me are in group an we wanna sprint nexus for example. We should be able to Q in as a pair IMO. This would be ideal for lower content and you’d get rite in and be awesome for higher content as it’d be a blast taking an alert group into FGS for example.
    My thinking was walk in’s are already a “feature” we have and could be more easily implemented is all but yes, i specifically remember Dox an when an why the walk in was removed. I think short Q’n is the real “solve all issues” answer personally
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It wouldn't solve every issue, but it would help on a lot of them. Old feat runs where you can't afford a random to screw it up, people who want a 'real' experience in old content for their lowbie toons could get an assist from a few people who can control their burns, runs where you need a collection/investigation or to tick off a mark on a checklist in hard to enter content, old content farming for styles, drops, source...etc.

The only 'drawback' I can see is that if people didn't re open instances, it would definitely cut down on the 8 man instances for raids being opened for the people not wanting to, or not able to short queue in. Well that and doofs who couldn't be bothered to notice some sort of 'suggested minimum' due to mechanics on the raid/alert description.

Welcome aboard the AdjustableQueueSize train.
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Heres lookin at you 3 cogs in khandaq that to this day have never found 3 competent ppl to activate hahahahaha
    • Like x 2
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I'd actually like to see updated mechanics in some of the older stuff. Nothing major, mostly just some timer updates and faster mechanics triggers
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You realize that by saying you need to find '3' people to run the cogs, you are excluding yourself from the 'competent' people? Big of you to admit in an open forum. Hey...realizing there is a problem is the first step to recovery. Just kidding of course....right?

It's like when I see someone in LFG shouting for 'need 8 to run xyz raid'. I'll sometimes send them a tell like 'So, you will set up the group and step out?....that's pretty cool of you'. God I'm bored sometimes....
    • Like x 3
  14. AlexRom New Player

It is possible to make older content auto-level to match entering team's CR or downlevel players to played instances recommended CR. I saw this approach in another games, cant say how good it works though.
  15. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Haha. I bet you that bridge in Fos2 would be easier to run in Novemer 2011 than it would be in 2021. I still maintain Inner Batcave is the hardest raid when it came out.
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

What works for one game may not necessarily work the same or as well in other games, true.

But I think the bigger of the two obstacles would be the idea of players being brought down in level/CR to match the content. Even mentioning the words "stat/CR clamping" in certain circles of the game brings out the pitchforks and torches in short order. :confused:
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's not only pitchforks, but real memories that get brought up. The one time they tried this (not saying it was the best effort...but it was tried) it made old content un-queable. You had to have a decent built raid group to run old content and most people don't really want to do that as much as a few people here want to profess that they do. I had a few 'at level' toons I was trying to level up and unless you could build a group of competent players, it was a losing battle every time. For built groups it was doable, but still took a lot of time. Even if they injected marks when run 'clamped', I'm not sure anyone needs 10 marks bad enough to spend an hour building a group for, then running Prime or FOS3 past one or two 'nostalgia' runs.

I'm against the idea, but I've always said if there was an option to have it on or off, I'm all for someone being able to play the game they want to play it...meaning if they want the struggle, that's fine by me as long as I can opt out and still get into the content the way I want to as well. It's the fact that a lot of time and resources would be thrown at this...and likely it would be low usage...that's the problem. Not sure if anyone wants Legion or the next DLC to be an even longer delay for that kind of thing to be implemented.
    • Like x 1
  18. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Hahaha i w
    Was assuming that my attention would be so diverted explaining the in’s an out’s of the overly complex concept of “1....2....3....GO” that i wouod be mentally unable to participate lmfao.
    Side note* in bat caves thnx to QT i can effectively hit 2 of the 4 pretty consistently hahaha
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Wait a min....You are expecting to find 3 competent people AND get them to come to a chat to co-ordinate something? I'm sorry sir, what game do you think you are playing? Some things are impossible to expect.

Side-side note. Yes, if you look at the other thread where I'm proposing a 'suggested minimum' for raids if they implemented AQS, I list "Inner - 3". I did that because I know I can always get 2 if needed...no QT required...but it indeed helps if you have it. The actual suggested minimum for that one should be 2, but I can't ever depend on anyone else to get 2.
    • Like x 1
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lol agreed and no i dont expect it, not at all. Im far too seasoned for that. I played when it was relevant and simply know better hahaha.
    To this day in any instance when more than 1 cog is required to be properly timed i give the group at best 1 in 5 odds at moving forward lmao.