1 Persons Trash, Another Persons Treasure

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Psycho Tech, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

A buddy & i were spitballing ideas. When u delete an item you dont want, you can bring it back if its in the 20 most recent, what if the 21st item, & previous, were distributed to an Anti-Broker. Like a dump basically w no price tag attached. For example, content exo’s are junk to me now, i just delete em as the value isnt worth selling to me. However, a new person might really enjoy them “new person visits the anti broker, searches for em, picks em up at no cost” happy stranger that benefits from something i had no interest in selling or using
    • Like x 1
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

That’s actually awesome. But I think it might cut into sales? I have probably 40 stacks of 99 head aug food and constantly throw out blue head cats and back reds. Let alone millions of colas lol. Could be spun into a monetize effect if it’s a member only perk maybe?
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Or....rather than having to design some new system that would take the very limited dev staff at this point (RIP Charon) from anything else they'd be doing....just put anything you don't want up for $1 in the broker. Now $1 isn't 'free' but I'd guess most can afford $1.

And if it's because stopping off at the broker is a hassle...and it can be if you run a tight inventory...would it be any less of a hassle than digging through an anti-broker with 80 million garbage drops in it?
    • Like x 2
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Besides broker camper we would have garbage dump campers on top. :D
    • Like x 2
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Funny idea but i think it gets too convoluted and im pretty sure that its better for their hardware, the less items are floating around in dcuo.

On the other hand, imagine all the rubber chickens we could get... :p

*insert "look at all those chickens" meme*
    • Like x 1
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

Feel free to mail whatever "trash" you want to me. I essentially run that mutual aid-style idea for the league. People's extras get sent over, I keep it all on bank toons, and if someone needs something after coming back or whatever, I send it over.
    • Like x 1