→Basic differences in powers←

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Doctor Erevos, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Doctor Erevos Committed Player

I was curious about the other powers. From personal experience I know electric healing is more about burst heals than HoT like sorcery, it consumes more power, and is more active moving between players.. I just started gadget troll so I can't speak much on it. What I want to know are the differences between each power. For example:

Tanks:
    Fire is more about A while Ice is more about B and Earth..etc.

Healers: ?

Trolls: ?

I don't want to be ignorant about the people I play with that's all. :)
  2. thoughtpatern New Player

trolls all the same now with how they troll except hl's def debuff has to be kinda close range to target. differences lie in the damage role aspects. hl<gadgets<mental.
  3. Doctor Erevos Committed Player

and those differences in DPS role is just damage output?
  4. TrueMarvel New Player

• Like x 2
  5. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

Definitely wrong as the Controller powers are different in their own right with techniques and usage in battle. Hard Light are moreso for close range and cool constructs, Gadgets a balance of long and short range and great powers for stuns against enemies and Mental long range powers, excellent debuffs, and better crowd control. Its my opinion but no powers are the same for any role is my point as each has its own style and unique mechanics.
    • Like x 2
  6. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

I´m gonna take a shot here, and I might miss, but I think the trolling differences are:

Gadgets seem to be better at either Power Regen, Interactions or even both.This could be because how fast all of their powers cast or due to a smaller power cost for them. Bottomline is, I get the impression that Gadgets controllers have it a bit easier here.

Mental seem to be better at Crowd Controlling. The other two powers can still hold their own, but Mental trollers seem to be able to keep a whole room down like it´s no biggie.

Hard Light can be great for a high-damage troll spec, and they also seem to have an edge at Self Power Management. This means, kwoning how to ration your own power to its maximum potential to make it last longer while fueling the group. This would be due to the light constructs combos.

However, when Quantum hits, from what I´ve seen, they are gonna be CC-ing even better than Mental. But that remains to be seen.

----

The healing one seems to be:

Nature: constant healing over time
    Electric: high healing bursts.
    Sorcery: efficiency. By casting two or three powers in a sequence, a sorcery healer can almost sit back and pewpew the whole fight, because the spells will do the rest.

---

Tanks...

Ice: highest defense and the best pulls.
    Fire: higher damage from DoTs and the best self-heals
    Earth: damage mitigation, the cast of pets, and that some of their powers seem to work like Hard Light ones, enabling better juggles
    • Like x 1
  7. Doctor Erevos Committed Player

This is excellent! About Sorcery that is so damn true lol, all I needed were 3 powers and I basically chilled the whole time. On Earth I'm still confused. What do you mean by juggles? Damage mitigation is the NPC did less damage and Earth's pet cost very little?
  8. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

By juggles I mean "tossing the mobs in the air like you just don´t care", lol. For example, watch the power Jackhammer in action (that is, where the Tank repeatedly punches the ground). The first tick is activated by the power itself, but the rest of the ticks are triggreder by tapping melee. This implies that the tank can have the adds helpless in the air for as long as he wants, providing that they don´t have an easy way to break out, or that he has enough power to keep going.

About dmg mitigation, yes that´s what I meant. I havent played earth myself and I might be a bit mistaken here, but I have fought against them in lair battles. Their tactics are to enable powers and tricks to either make you do less damage (I´ve seen my numbers go from 140 to 20 agaisnt them), or force it to spread to their pets (the small stone golem called Brick). The pet doesn´t cost little power, but since it remains casted, you can just summon it and then let power regenerate itself before starting the fight.
    • Like x 1
  9. Doctor Erevos Committed Player

Great! Thanks brah :)
  10. SpagTheTapdancer Well-Known Player

I'm pretty sure there are limits to how many aftershocks you can cast(usually around 3)
    • Like x 1
  11. TrueMarvel New Player

This^

After a certain number of times i think the adds become "Immune"
  12. SpagTheTapdancer Well-Known Player

I meant that there's a limit on the number of aftershocks themselves, but you're right on the immunity.
  13. Doctor Erevos Committed Player

14. Dammacx New Player

Also as a Fire Tank when I have a troller keeping me powered up I can do a pretty good job at crowd control with my load-out. I do a pretty good job keeping the enemies off their feet but it burns through power like crazy.
  15. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Fire-tank is not about self-healing (got nerfed last GU) but rather knowing when to block, to attack or to juggle.

The healers are a firetanks lifeline and if they are gone we don't last long. Each self-heal refills roughly 1/8 of our health (-> almost nothing)
    • Like x 1
  16. Teffy New Player

Not Jackhammer - it has no maximum aftershock limit. There's a second power that's the same but I don't remember it.