→Are using non-innate iconic powers noobish?←

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Doctor Erevos, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Doctor Erevos Committed Player

In a PVE setting, is it still seen as noobish? I understand for PVP, but I always wanted to use Superman's laser beam when I downloaded the game, only to find out online that they suck. I know after the clownbox fix, they are all useless.
  2. Mad9 New Player

Hard Light Shield and Iconic robot are good.
    • Like x 2
  3. Radium Devoted Player

Its definatly better then before at launch.

But like most channeling powers it lacks good quick damage.
  4. Doctor Erevos Committed Player

Oh I see. I'm just going to try them for fun then. :)
  5. Ivy Bird Committed Player

Word of power is awesome.
    • Like x 1
  6. blklightning New Player

Sonic Cry is great for CC and tanking.
  7. BrotherMutant New Player

Multishot batarangs are decent if the enemies are grouped together and CLOSE (not much of a range). Cheap power, decent damage, stuns. All around decent power.
  8. Oz'Ryel Active Player

Hopefully they will eventually fix the iconic to have better power interaction with current chosen powers in the future. ;)
  9. MARK2099 New Player

Sonic shout is good using EC mod, in fact any power benefit with EC is good because are no longer vulnerable to interrupt and 2k toughtness is almost a free shield on top of damage, robosidekick is good for mitigate damage in pvp, HLS is the only shield available for those with no shields aka "fire" also get benefit of tactical mod, WOP is SD for those non SS.
  10. Minrev New Player

there not all bad i actually really like the lasso for my controllers so i have a pull for stuff like the fos 2 bridge and broodmother crabs.
    • Like x 1
  11. blklightning New Player

I keep pushing my fire friends into trying out Lasso. They just don't know what they're missing.
  12. Doctor Erevos Committed Player

Cool! Thanks for your inputs :)
  13. Itazuki New Player

Idk if it sounds weird. I sometimes will use Neo-Venom Boost on my Earth Tank/DPS.

In Tanking it gives a little defense boost. Not really worth it though.

In DPS though... Between Neo-Venom, Reinforce, and my Precision trinket. I can also have my damage higher than normal. If I have a good controller with me, I love to pop Tectonic Break, Neo-Venom, and then do some nice Jackhammer spamming. Usually rips through all the mobs extremely fast.

HL shield also comes if you want a shield, since Earth's Gemstone shield is a bit... odd.
    • Like x 2
  14. Lamar New Player

sonic shout for might based dps is nice
  15. heywatchthisguy New Player

A few of them are decent and can fill some niches not filled by your power. Sonic shout and HL shield come to mind. It really depends on whether or not you have other powers that can do it better (and whether or not you actually need it).
  16. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Very much so and much better now that it's a SC. When it was a simple power it didn't pack that much of a punch.
  17. Alpha Well-Known Player

That's right brother lasso is amazing. I use that and sonic cry on my fire tank from time to time and they never disappoint.
  18. blklightning New Player

I've got Earthen Grip, so lasso is useless to me. But Sonic Cry... that's amazing when used with Epicenter. All those adds covering those ears to keep them exploding. hehehe
    • Like x 2
  19. Meta Flare New Player

its not noobish at all.

heat vision: hits pretty hard and applies burning PI dots that also hit hard.

batarang: hits 3 opponents in close range and stuns on first hit knocks up on second hit. great for a tank or melee controller.

lasso: great single target pull if you dont have one. (looking at you fire)

frost breath: same as heat vision only with frostbite.

WoP: 50% supercharge that restores power to the entire team and provides a small heal and knock back and electrified PI

amazonian deflection: a shield that prevents most damage and inflicts damage back on attacker.

hard light shield: great personal shield (also you can change the color of it)

sonic shout: around player effect that does damage and knock back. good for tank or troll. (can also change the color)

sonic cry: frontal cone that stuns and does heavy damage and has short animation, cooldown, and power cost. (can also change color.)

i use heat vision on my ranged fire dps.

i use sonic cry on my mental troll. ( sonic cry is my favorite power in the game)
    • Like x 1
  20. recespieces31 New Player

I am crazy, but sometimes on my Tank I use Amizonian Deflect instead of Reflect