“Dear Devs or Community” will we ever get christian bale's batman emblem or full gear style

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Batrederik, May 19, 2020.

1. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Will they*, dcuo ever make christian bale's batman emblem or full style gear For A Limited Time! Or should I give up on it?

I still cant believe WB, they didnt try justice league with this batman

. Just imagine for a minute. BvS didnt happen and they did some other hero movie instead. When it comes time for JL, we havent seen batman yet, and we assume hes going to be recast.

Act 3 starts and its the final showdown with henry cavil and the rest of the JL and whatever villain. The whole league is on the ropes..........and you hear this music. 0:08

It goes for about 30 seconds all while superman starts to hear a huge engine grow louder and louder, and soon Diana starts to hear it too. superman and wonder woman exchange glances before the rest of the team starts to hear it, and the audience is already losing their minds because they've recognized the music.

Then the batman theme BLASTS and the tumbler comes screaming around the corner into downtown metropolis, and christian bale takes whatever kryptonite powered device down which is hurting supes, helps superman up, and you get the biggest carl weathers/arnold schwarzenegger style BRO handshake of all time between batman and superman, right before the most epic supervillain beat down youve ever seen, all while the man of steel theme and the batman begins themes blend into the manliest piece of music ever recorded. Wrap the story up, the heroes temporarily go their separate ways until the next movie, each with their own music playing, and you roll the damn credits.

PS, christian bale's batman is my favourite.

sincerely batrederik
    • Like x 1
  2. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I will spend all my money on it, if we could get it.
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Give up on it. DCUO only has a license to use characters and styles based on the comic books. They don't have access to anything outside of that. The only reason you see anything movie or tv related in the game is because it has appeared or become part of the comic books. Your "dream" will never be reality, time to move on.
    • Like x 4
  4. Batrederik Dedicated Player

it's really sad to hear that, I have to say that I am very disappointed. Again thanks a lot.
  5. Brit Loyal Player

I dunno. We specifically got the CW version of Supergirl for Legends. That likeness was definitely based on television, not comic book.

I think it's more of a case of the licensing giving them express permission to use comic likenesses, but when it comes to film or television, they also have to contend with studios and individual actors, so they need permission from multiple sources. Not to say that it can't happen, since we have specifically seen it in the case of the CW Supergirl Legends, just that it probably takes a lot more headache, and then is prone to being removed when people change their minds. Which was also the case for the CW Supergirl Legends character, as well as the BvS Swag Bag that was released as the film tie-in. Why expend a bunch of resources to make new content if they are going to be forced to stop selling it a few months later.
    • Like x 2
  6. TheBatmanFanBG Well-Known Player

There is Legends Avatar Batman which is similar to Batman Begins movie:
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I mean, Developer Epic Games aka Fortnite and DC Comics teamed up for a crossover event that actually brought Batman and a few of his cohorts into the game with* christian bale's batman, for A Limited Time!
  8. Batrederik Dedicated Player

l ike the Dark Knight suit a lot better.
  9. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I'd say give up on it. Anytime DC has done anything with a DC Comics movie, it's around the time that it comes out. There's not much of a likelihood that they'll put any effort into a 15 year old movie, especially when there's a new Batman movie on the horizon.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

No. It's not going to happen.
    • Like x 1
  11. Batrederik Dedicated Player

it’s unpredictable. We can’t ever say that something will never happen just because we are unaware of if it can happen or can’t see how it can happen. Who knows? We just have to go with the flow.

I just think it is funny that fortnite could do christian bale's batman.
    Again, it's just sad to hear, and I am very disappointed. But thanks*
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Fortnite is a triple A tittle from a triple A company. With the hype they have and money they make, they can afford to make special deals for short term partnerships, Dimensional Ink/DCUO can't for the most part.
    • Like x 1
  13. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I read that three times, and still feel I live in an alternate universe. And AAA games, just like blockbusters. By the way, they are good movies. But i gotta say, it really got me thinking.
  14. Batrederik Dedicated Player

it is very disappointing and sad to hear. All i wanted was to have christian bale's batman emblem or full gear style in dcuo For A Limited Time!. I hope one of the devs can see this post or have seen it.

I really have nothing more to add other than, again, i am very disappointed.

sincerely batrederik
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This isn't the first time that this has been asked, and i'm pretty sure they've seen it. Sad as it may be, the likelihood of this ever happening is virtually nil. While there have been a few tie-ins with other WB/DC properties outside of the comic books, it has been done to promote new properties. As it is, they (Dimensional Ink/Daybreak) have had an incredibly hard time getting permission to use emblems and such, so the chances of them fighting to bring in something from a movie over 10 years old....not likely. You'd be better off asking for a new emblem from the comics...much more realistic.
    • Like x 1
  16. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I am listening to what you are saying and i understand it. Again i'm not here to argue.
    But, then I'll ask, "Why did Fortnite added something that was 10 or 15 years old?” wanna know why, because christian bale's batman is still popular. It would just be really nice to have christian bale's batman emblem or full gear style in dcuo For A Limited Time. But it sounds like we’ve covered everything we needed to, and I really appreciate you taking the time to speak with me. Have a fantastic rest of your day. Again really sad, but thanks.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Bale was a fail at the Bat. I hope they add it for you friend but I wouldn't take it if it was given to me.
  18. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Maybe it was all they could get. WB/DC hang on to their stuff very tightly, and put restrictions on its use. We've seen similar things here (BvS emblems and TV Supergirl, for example. Not to mention the time it took to get a basic green aura, or a Lantern emblem).
    • Like x 1
  19. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Well I find that highly unlikely... but okay—
  20. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I don't know, it seems fairly likely to me, considering how WB/DC have handled similar items here (in a game that's actually based on their IP).