Transmute worthless now

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Davis, Mar 12, 2013.

1. ARI ATARI New Player

it was worthless pre-clownbox, it is worthless again...
    however the next power update is sorcery and nature...
    my guess, it will become a good power again. Just not stupid like the clowbox burst damage and 5000 in false recording.
    • Like x 2
  2. BRUDHAWALT New Player

um, i have not tested the colas but am about to and will give a the answer to wether you can or cant clip the clown box with them
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, that's what Mepps said, but confirmation would be nice. Test away!
  4. Atomic Spiritus New Player

i tried using it when i threw an ice barrel at someone and yet when they were incased and i did the power nope nothing couldn't break them out.
  5. Miss Martiam New Player

It's so helpful though, to explode orange barrels and in outer caverns , asylum, I could list a lot of places basically a time saver, and it IS a decent heal in tight PvE. People ind a way to ruin everything :(

Guess I actually have to do the T4a and waste like 40 seconds.

Hopefully you're right, and they come up with a better sorc power.
  6. RamsesVIIX New Player

Make shock colas from CC.
  7. RamsesVIIX New Player

Good, Sorcery should stick to healing instead of fake clown boxing damage glitches.
  8. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

I can see you're tired, it is late afterall (2:22AM EST). So you need a refresher: The clown box glitch was a result of the clown box's explosive damage upon being destroyed by the Sorcery power, Transmute. The damages from the box's explosions were staggering in numbers and for an Iconic power it hit way too hard (5k+ in damage recordings). The issue was not in the usage of Transmute to detonate the box. The issue was the box itself was too overpowered upon being detonated. The clown box should have been the one that got fixed and had its overall damage severely reduced.

Now, I would love for Spytle or someone to comment on this, cause I could be wrong. Reducing the overall effectiveness of one of Sorcery's abilities like Transmute, a power that was almost meaningless to begin except for certain things like the Skorpion feat in the Chasm raid, seems counter productive. This limits Sorcery in its power tree by not being able to rely on this ability ever. There are people who enjoy their loadouts and are effective with them. They may not be the FOTM loadouts, but not everyone is on that sort of bandwagon. This change to Transmute wasn't necessary.
    • Like x 1
  9. Clutch Committed Player

You don't get it. They have a habit or making an adjustment that works around the problem but doesn't actually fix it and this time, they've done something that everyone fear and no one wanted. Addressing a problem by breaking a power that was working properly is not good practice. Shock soders could also exploit the fake damage as well as gadget players using their trigger, so the problem is not trans, but the mechanic that awards damage for killing objects. Since it seems more logical to just remove the object damage, it appears that would have been the more difficult fix and they took the easy way out. That's what I have to assume anyway with no explanation from them.
    • Like x 2
  10. Jeel New Player

I would also like to know the reasoning behind making transmutation useless. It was one of my favourite powers. Perhaps it wasn't the best way to heal or do damage but it was far from useless. Now it can't break anything but some encasements and that is denfinitely not enough for it to have a spot on my loadout, anywhere.

So from being an actually very useful and fun power they broke it and with it a small part of the game. As I wrote in my very own complaint thread: If things like this keep adding up who knows how long dcuo will be worth playing?
  11. Zpirit Dedicated Player

People, may not use transmute for healing much, but at least before we had the option, now the power is completely useless, and broken, it needs to be removed and replaced with a better power with the upcoming revamp to sorcery/nature. I use to play around with transmute/life element combo, now i dont have that option anymore, because of qqers getting their way, as usual, i have been sorcery for almost 2 and a half year now, and they are still nerfing us, we are the most nerfed powerset ingame to date followed by fire, mental, and gadgets, its just sad.
    • Like x 1
  12. Kristyana New Player

Sometimes things get fixed faster than the others, and I won't lie, it helps to have a known history for being a constructive member of the community both ingame and in the forum when pointing out bugs or potential issues. A respectful thread discussing the issues and pointing them out goes a lot farther than the QQ ragefests we usually see or the the posters that angrily call the developers out like they're a mafia boss or something.

Regarding the slowness on Test at times and why some things get pushed to live, the only explanation they gave is that even the test servers have to meet WB approval every time they get upgraded, while they don't need to get the PS3 approval for that process. Sometimes a bug or a something that needs to be tweaked later gets pushed through to live because they know the approval for the PS3 will come down the tube in a few days, and while I can't remember which developer said it (it was over a year ago on the old forums when Test went live) it was something to the effect of "if we waited until every update was perfect before releasing it, we'd never be able to release anything because of the PS3 approval process."

I do scratch my head at the things that get put out sometimes with known bugs, but that seems to be the problem with having a licencing deal and two separate platforms - every little thing has to get approved by not one but two separate entities. This isn't the problem with an original franchise where everything simply gets approved in-house.
  13. Skyfall New Player

Lol at the people validating the nerf because they were too ******** that they couldnt put out 5000 fake damage numbers.

Should have just taken the fake damage away. Shows the priorities of the community. That scoreboard chasing.
  14. Skyfall New Player

Lol gadgets is soooooo nerfed.

ahahahahahahaha! funny guy.
  15. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

Don´t think so, I got the feat two days ago using the colas
  16. toast Well-Known Player

I used transmutation as a healer in just about every solo, duo, alert and some situations in raids. you are contradicting yourself. is it "only people who use this all the time are poeple who use clown box glitch" or "breaking termanials or crystals in FOS1 or Inner and maybe the t4 alert on villain side for first room" ( in other words useful in solos duos alerts and some raids ). make up your mind.

the only things that this has done was placate the scoreboard stalkers. the commonsense/intelligent thing to do would have been to either make clownbox unbreakable or just remove it altogether. but instead they take a very useful power for sorcery and turn it into karmic backlash without the bad karma, essentially making sorcery have 1 less power than every other powerset. i say we protest by not using our sorcery toons but this will most likely not ever happen.
  17. Zpirit Dedicated Player

not the most nerfed, but in the top 4
  18. toast Well-Known Player

and this was 2 days before the update, right?
  19. toast Well-Known Player

this would have required commonsense, which is clearly not too common and doesnt make much sense.
    • Like x 1
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

On the test server? Because GU 24 only went live yesterday.