Base Crafting Requests

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Trykz, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Trykz Dedicated Player

Just a few things I was wondering if they would ever be possible:

1. Are the mainframe and generator ever going to be moveable? I would like to have a base where I could move all the components to one corner and hide them easily instead of having to work around them.

2. Will base items ever be able to be “tilted” eg: a grass tilted at a 45 degree to slope up stairs and hide them?
    Or will items ever be able to “mold” to their surroundings?

3. Hit boxes. Do away with em, let us put stuff anywhere and everywhere lol.
    • Like x 6
  2. Eve YouTuber

Yes, Yes, YES
    • Like x 2
  3. Trykz Dedicated Player

All I want for christmas honestly lol
    • Like x 2
  4. Skille Well-Known Player

Would make for better looking lairs.
    • Like x 2
  5. myandria Item Storage

Hmm....

Yes, Yes and No.

The ability to put anything anywhere can cause clipping glitches that can force you to rebuild your base all over again or prevent certain actions from happening inside of your base, for example. The hit boxes could be smaller, sure, but not eliminated. I would like the ability to place smaller objects on top of larger ones; this would solve the issue of having all of those vases and jars on the floor and give new purpose for tables in general.
    • Like x 3
  6. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I'm going to mostly agree with you, except to say that hit boxes on items like fireplaces, room dividers, and doorways with closed doors need to clip at least a little bit into walls. I hate using items like that, because when I try to place them against walls there's always this huge gap between them and the wall. On my main, I used the downstairs alcove to house a bunch of dangerous-looking stuff, then put the S.H.A.D.E. Barrier in front of it. The closest I could get it was almost a foot away from the wall.

Edit: and YES, for gods' sake, let us put things on top of other things!
  7. Achikah All About That Base

+1, anything to add to base decorating, you know I'm here for, haha!

However, I think adding a Z axis and more angular mechanics would be a pretty big overhaul. Wouldn't be against it, by any means, but I think asking for specific base items might be a better way to go until there's time for a big rework.

Maybe Ivy Clusters Wall Dividers- exactly the same as Ivy Clusters but adhered like the Kryptonian Wall Dividers , from it's side and on a wall surface. If the hitbox is gracious enough, it could fit over the stairs perfectly, making it a ramp of ivy. Could have different variants too- moss, coral, netting, fencing, sheet metal, wood, drapery. They'd serve as both a divider in normal contexts but also a way for us to finally decorate the old staircases. Throw some wall mounted bannisters in there and we'd all be set!

And for the Z axis of placing items on top of one another, more accent tables, nightstands, and freestanding/wall shelving with items on them would always be a welcome edition. The Mera/Aquaman and Batman shelf statues are awesome pieces and I'd love for there to be more, and not just DC iconics. Jars, plates, glasses, books, bowls, picture frames, flowers- any and all knickknacks on some wall shelving would be huge for decorating the blank shelving and tables we already have. It could even be already created items too. Like, imagine if those Soul Vessels or Canopic Jars from SOBA were on a wooden shelf with some books and other occult stuff. Or the toys from the Winter seasonal. That's be so big time. ToT THE DREAM!
    • Like x 1
  8. Trykz Dedicated Player

All of that ^^^
    Yes please

I think the only thing I can add now
    is a free standing variant of the aquarium walls,
    like the treelines, but water lol.
    • Like x 1
  9. Trykz Dedicated Player

The main goal was to cover the stairs,
    I forget there are limitations lol, but any work around that accomplishes that goal would be warmly welcomed!

I was always taught “use every bit of the blank space” lol,

Stairs are a Thorn that I’ve been reduced to covering up with, well, Thorns.
    • Like x 1
  10. Achikah All About That Base

Your best bet currently, without the suggestions in place, would be to look for wall items that protrude. I've been working with Oak Branches from Spring and Ivy Root- Walls from Metal I to make a ramp-like ascension log- the larger Oak branches as a tunnel cover, some on the sides of the step, then reversed on the wall, and then the smaller branches as a walkway over the stairs. I haven't perfected it yet, and it takes up an ungodly amount of spots, but it gets the job done, haha. I'll play around tonight and get some screens, see what I can't come up with.

Another alternative is to cover up the stairs and make a ladder/bridge with the new Oak Swings for the Wall. If you tilt them sideways, you can actually walk across the strings and swing, making a horizonal platform. It's pretty narrow so it's a bit precarious, but definitely doable.
    • Like x 1
  11. myandria Item Storage

Good point about some of the larger flat items not auto-sticking to the walls; I usually can get them to do so but it is a chore and as you point out, it doesn't work for all of them. There must be a way for the devs to reduce those hit boxes to near zero so they snap into place against a wall or flat surface. What I fear most from clipping into walls is that when you have multiple items that are clipping into a wall, especially the same wall or the wall behind it, they get stuck more often than not and then it's difficult to near impossible to remove them. I've had the "pleasure" of this happening to me in other games.

IF the devs can figure out a way to allow a bit of clipping with little to no issues with base items getting stuck or lost, then I may change my mind.
    • Like x 1
  12. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

You know, that gives me an idea; stair templates for the base decorator menu!

Imagine this: purchasing stair templates from a vendor such as Eastern, Luxury, Wood and Rug, Marble, Bone, 1970's Shag, Mystical, ect. Seasonal Vendors would have seasonal themed stair templates. When you purchase a template, it goes directly to the decorator menu under the title "Templates". You would be able to apply the stair templates separately; select the template and then apply it to the set of stairs you wish to cover; much simpler than using Contact Paper (research that if you dont know what it is).

I am from the opposite school of thought; make the space look like someone would live there and/or use the space for some function(s). :D
    • Like x 1
  13. Trykz Dedicated Player

I am 100% going to use that ladder bride idea! That’s brilliant o_O
    I’m gonna try those tips for the stairs, need like 4 spring seasonals a year lol.
  14. Trykz Dedicated Player

Take my money right now.
  15. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

As long as the grab point is far enough forward, and the item is large enough, it shouldn't be that much of a problem. The alternative option is to not have the hitbox be bigger than the item. That works, too.

I'd also like to see more ceiling-height room dividers, to make my own room layouts, and maybe floor pieces that can attach to walls to increase the upstairs living space. Obviously, they would need to be indestructible (like amenities) and have collision, so toons don't just fall through.
    • Like x 1