Another Question For A Friend Solar Amp Artifact !

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MystoganJella, Jun 5, 2023.

1. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

Is It Worth Getting The Solar Amp To 200 Or Keep It At 160 And If It Is Worth 200 What Are The Benefits ? :)
  2. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

The benefit of Solar 200 is it installs Empowered Channeling Hand Mod, making room for Max Damage as actual Hand Mod for 2% increase.
    At 160 it already gives you 5% Might.

Up to your friend to decide if 2% increased damage is worth 1mil XP.
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

There's not a lot of tangible benefit in leveling it past 160 in terms of damage potential, as described it just enables empowered channeling and increased health which won't benefit you because you won't be running the Tetra anyway, the controller will be. Probably not worth leveling in my opinion unless the OCD of having it 160 triggers you.

Surprised anyone is running Empowered Channeling over Max Damage anyway, not worth it for the rare occasion you might be lunged in content that actually matters where the tank is/should be taking those lunges. Just take Max Damage anyway.
    • Like x 1
  4. spikeat Well-Known Player

If you already have max damage as your hand mod at 160, then I wouldn't level it to 200.
  5. fm0987 Committed Player

If you have the xp and seals and nothing else to level might be worth it in the long run if you use channeled powers a lot. Usually getting lunged isn't a huge deal anyway but it will just save you the annoyance (which is pretty minor lol). I fed my max EoG into solar amp like a dummy not even considering whether it was worth getting past 160 but I'll probably level it to 200 anyway just because I don't have a lot of other arts that need work.
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

It also gives you a 5% Defense buff while in use. Not enough to make a difference if the Boss looks at you the wrong way. But those annoying adds could easily be ignored for awhile.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Acknowledged, but still not worth, I'd rather take the damage, motto, if its dead I don't need defense, but I appreciate what you're saying.
    • Like x 1
  8. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

I spent by far most of my time in Open Worlds, Solos, Duos or Alerts without Tank. Getting lunged before HV goes boom triggers me.
    • Like x 1
  9. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

Thank you all for the amazing response have a awesome day :)
  10. L T Devoted Player

While it's true that empowered channeling isn't all that, the base stats that solar amplifier gives are really good. Even if you don't plan on doing that last breakthrough I wouldn't dismiss throwing nth metal into it unless you have other artifacts you're eager to use.