New feats menu....anyone super exited for it?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So I went through and checked the new menu out (didn't look on test).

Pros. I like the fact the episodes now show as reverse order, and I'd guess most people who've been here a while will like it as the newest episodes are where most people are working on them.

Time capsules now get their own section. Honestly I wish they'd do this in the broker too, and have time cap styles, gear and collections in their own section too.

Legends PvE and PvP at the bottom....yeah. This is more as it should be...not sure who'd scrolling through these that often, but I'd guess it's less than go into episodes.

Cons. Style lists. Why are the 8 item styles now on 2 pages? Why not make the list 8 items so you don't have to tab over every time for the last 2 pieces? Sure...there are a few style sets that have 6 or less pieces, but 90% or more are 8...so 8 on one screen should be the standard. I'd guess list of base items or collections also list this way, but most of those would have a 2nd page most times already. Styles did not.

Also styles. Although I do like TCs getting their own section, it IS now harder to see what styles you are missing without going through EVERY TC to look. Double edged sword I guess, but I'm not sure which edge is better.

Unlockable feats not at the top? This might be a one off, but in Static, I've got the normal duo KaBoom feat on an alt who runs normal and I could buy it on my main, but it's not at the top of the list. Having these at the top was always nice if you were going through and unlocking some.

Summary. IT's not terrible...but not great either. I suppose the styles is the biggest change, and now instead of having 3 spots to look ('styles' Iconic and theme) we have every TC and every episode to peruse. Guess I was hoping for something different.

The biggest thing I'd like to see is some kind of 'only show open feats' kind of button. Then it wouldn't matter where anything is(as much) because the list would condense down if you polished something off.
    • Like x 5
  2. spikeat Well-Known Player

I like the way it's sorted now. Con is it took this long (TC 26) for them to update. I never liked how all the style feats were in one section and had no clue where each style is obtained from. This is will help players with low to mid feats determine which content to run and TC to open.

I agree with the unlockable feats should be sorted at the top or bottom and the 8 item gear should be listed on one page, which are easy fixes.
    • Like x 1
  3. Slow Burn Active Player

I'm happy for this all to be better organised. It's much more intuitive now, and I can finally know which feats I am never going to get (Time Capsules). You still can't search for a feat, but that's what wikis are for. However, I am still staggered that there is no official online support for this game. I know of literally no other game that requires you to rely on outside input to explain the basics of the game.
    • Like x 1
  4. Slow Burn Active Player

Unlockables used to be at the top, and that used to be a pain. Unlockables at the bottom used to be the default, back in the day (when they first became unlockable), and people didn't like that either. Changing the UI and the order at the same time is probably too much. Making unlockables distributed through the list...

Well that only matters to a few players, and only once per character.

How many times are you going to care where a rebuyable feat shows up on your list?
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, If I were one to unlock them all on alts, I'd say it would be most every time I went in on an alt, especially during the beginning of a DLC. But you are right, most times it won't matter a ton, you'll find it and unlock...and it's gone.

It just seemed like an un-needed change to me.
  6. Slow Burn Active Player

Exactly. A once-in-an-alt issue. Order of unlocked feats only matters once for those that unlock. Order of feats for everyone else matters much more.

And I'll go with the everyone over the "OMFG MY COMPLETEDS AREN'T AT THE TOP OF THE LIST".

We have, now, a reasonably sorted attitude towards the Feat menu. That evidently came at a cost. I'll take the overall benefit over the small cost.
    • Like x 2
  7. myandria Item Storage

Agreed. The feats list used to hold 10 slots. I wonder if its because of a conflict with a coding issue that prevents them from changing it back to 10 from 8.
  8. Slow Burn Active Player

*There is a part of me that says that what we get is simply a list grabbed straight from the underlying database, and it is not an ordered list - and sometimes that brings odd sorting of data*
  9. Slow Burn Active Player

Optimisation yields particular limits, and so does convenience. Re-working a UI gives you the chance to make a choice between both. Did we really need 10 Feats when 8 would work better, functionally - whereas 10 was simply "tradition"?

I guess the question is - "Which do you want?" - and the Dev team asked that and answered it in the context of the new UI.
  10. Slow Burn Active Player

11. Slow Burn Active Player

But you know this - you work in the field yourself, do you not?
  12. Slow Burn Active Player

All told it looks great, married with the "in instance" Feats menu. It's not perfect, but it's a huge leap forward. An "Open World" Feats menu would be the finisher, but I can't see a meaningful menu they could tie that to.
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Takes getting used to but I like it.
    • Like x 1
  14. myandria Item Storage

No, I do not work in that field. However, over the many years of the many games I have played and the many changes, glitches, changes because of those glitches changes due to upgrading, deprecating of software/hardware, I can only guess that may be one of the problems; hence my words: "I wonder,". I have never said, "I believe I know what the issue(s) are. Remember, the feats menu had that 1/NaaN error for the longer feat lists. I am sure that if I am truly off the mark, a dev would correct me, which is fine.

I am sure I will get used to only seeing 8 items instead of 10, but it would be nice to have that 10 item list back. Oh well.
  15. spikeat Well-Known Player

I have almost all the feats in the game on my main and it sorts the completed ones to the bottom. That way I can see the few at the top that I'm missing. Unlockables are mainly for my alts and I left all of them with around 150sp. If I was on my alts and in an instance, I would scroll past the unlockables to see what I'm missing on my main.

Currently I believe they are sitting in their original fixed listing. Like you said, Unlockables used to be sorted at the bottom then resorted to the top. I'm sure they can do it again with the new UI.
    • Like x 1
  16. kallader Committed Player

I have totally miss this on test i just learn about it reading the post
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Seeing as every style set for new players...you know the people you are concerned with benefiting from the other 'unlockable not on top' topic...will now have to open each style feat 2x (once to open...then 2nd page)....it is not optimal or convenient.

Opening every 8 piece style a 2nd button push to see if you need feet or legs in that set is an annoyance and not worth the questionably beneficial changes.

BTW.....seems like they asked that question of themselves. Not sure the answer is valid when you answer an opinion question yourself.

I'd guess the 2 page thing was unintended, and wouldn't be surprised if it changed at least to accommodate the 8 piece style sets....which would be an improvement.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That was my point. There seems no reason NOT to have them at the top, as having an easier route to spending replays seems like it would be attractive to DI. There are many who unlock every feat on every alt...crazy, I know, but they are out there.
    • Like x 1
  19. Jcal Dedicated Player

It's new and I don't know where anything is anymore. So... I hate it (lol). *pouts*
  20. Hraesvelg Always Right

I REALLY like this particular change. I'm not a huge TC person, so I wait for Resurgence to open them and get more bang for my buck. I opened about 20 of them, so I had 20 of each of the TCs included in this pack. I could go right to the stack I was about to open and see which styles I needed to focus on instead of trying to remember what style was from which TC and scrolling past unrelated styles...made it SUPER convenient.
    • Like x 3