Is EoG Still Worth It for DPS?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Joybird, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Joybird Committed Player

Okay, so EoG got nerfed. We knew it was coming. As a healer artifact, it seems pretty useless now, and EoG healing is dead.

What I'm wondering about is DPS. It seems like they killed the annoying idea where the circles don't overlap. So, basically, we're looking at a reduction in power from 20% to 16% for 500 supercharges (I'm electricity/precision). It still seems pretty good. However, with no EoG healers in the game, I won't be able to spam my supercharges as dps anymore, so it's less useful.

Does it seem worth it? Does Quislet now surpass it as a third dps artifact, with trans/strat? Should we just consider it a swap artifact now? What are people's thoughts?

Since I can basically swap it this week for any other 200 artifact in the game, it's a tough call.
  2. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

My opinion on EoG for a DPS, would be it's a swap Artifact.
    If you've not got another Artifact to use in it's place here are the best suggestions I would offer, in order.
    Trans
    Quislet
    Grim
    Source/mercy
    Strategist
    • Like x 2
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I use source and mercy on my earth dps and have zero idea how mercy works in conjunction with fortify golem … it doesn’t even show on my active abilities
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Mercy turns fortify golem into attack protocol. Essentially the same thing. Biggest difference is that it gives crystal (and rsk/fury) a small tick of damage before the actual attack. This mini attack is used to calculate whether attack protocol does a ST attack or AoE attack. This causes a slight delay before the big hit.

If using source shard. You’d normally do godwave > fortify. With mercy you would go fortify > godwave
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Ah ok so there was nothing added to my power slot it retained its same name gotcha .. I’ve had it at 80 a while .. that alt is not one I use a lot … but after I hit 80 and saw nothing added to my abilities like source shard did … I didn’t know what was up
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I havent gone through the leveling of it for a while so not 100% sure but I believe the 120 breakthrough was the one that gave the ability while the 80 gave the healing passive. But I could be wrong here
    • Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

As for the OP. Who said it was useless for healers? Whoever told you doesn’t know what they are talking about. Might not be worth building around EoG but it’s still a great healer art. Healers have proven to be able to solo heal with just 3 abilities and page (or purple and page). There is no demand for a full heal and EoG is the only art that gives the group SC. So this would still be the best 3rd slot for healers. It could’ve been nerfed for sc even more and it’d still be worth using.
  8. Miserable Dedicated Player

Hard disagree. Giving your teammates a little bit of supercharge every once in a while is not something I'd describe as good, let alone great.

Edit: You know what, I take that back. I think EOG could actually still be quite good.
  9. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

I ran out of 'must have' artifacts to level up for my DPS so I thought I would give mercy a go and I am pleasantly pleased with the result. I use it on my sorcery, fire and ice dps now and get more damage out of fury/rsk than I did using quizlet plus I get to keep mu pet up and running almost 95% of the time adding even more to the damage. Its perfectly viable to use without shard when you get it to a decent level so that frees up an artifact slot and a slot in your power tray. I do use it with shards on my sorcery but that power is what those two artifacts were made for really. On my ice and fire just mercy on its own, trans card and strat card and just rsk in my power tray.

But the real jump in damage is having my pet up almost constantly as a decent pet can do a lot of damage so worth investing in a good one.
    • Like x 1
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yea the community has been sleeping on pets and they are great especially with all the bosses having reflect now days