I GOT MY NAME!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GhostRyder3000, Jun 1, 2023.

1. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

... for one of my alts!!

No more xxx xxxxx's for me!!

Thanks.
    • Like x 12
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Congrats
    • Like x 2
  3. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Oh, was that today? Cool. And congrats.

Seems like I chose an interesting day to return. Heck, I wondered why there was a server wait time. Now I know.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jcal Dedicated Player

I got absolutely everything I wanted, including a name I've been after for 10 years. TEN-flippin'-YEARS!

This couldn't have gone more perfectly. I'm in disbelief right now. This GU is GOAT Tier.
    • Like x 5
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Anyone who wants dr radiation or aphotic phantom I just gave those two up … they are free
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I got....

The Multiverse ;)

Batknight.....then found BatMask instead. :( ;)

And then I got.....

The Phantom :eek::D Time to do the Happy Dance. ;)
    • Like x 6
  7. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Now... Question:

How soon after you delete a character can it's name be transferred to another character?
  8. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Apparently at the instant it's deleted, as iirc someone once stole a name for sale by just spamming it at rename. I'd wait some weeks or month to transfer the name.
    • Like x 3
  9. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

I was so happy to get almost all the names I wanted. But I can't help worry about the cloud inside this silver lining: so many name available, so many hashtags inside old friend lists, so many players gone.
    • Like x 4
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

Im glad to hear at least some people got the name they wanted. Not like those who wernt using it will notice.
    • Like x 3
  11. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Yeah.... I'm waiting.

Just having for now... Is good enough for me.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, it should be available immediately, however if it's on the same account, you will have to do the rename and log out of that toon, or delete the placeholder toon, then start the create. In theory....there is about a min of slack time where it can be stolen...although if it's not 'high value', probably pretty safe unless you are announcing the change

The only reason I know this is I did transfer a toon name from my PS account to PC when I first started on PC. The name was ready to be scooped up on the PC as soon as I let it go off the PS and I had the PC at the name select screen, so there was only about a 5 second window....and it took.
    • Like x 2
  13. Korlick Loyal Player

Only cared about one name. And its not valid...smh
  14. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Good to know...

Like I said earlier... Stilll gonna wait awhile to make the change.... I hear there are bots just scooping up names today...

Don't want to risk it.
    • Like x 2
  15. Zamara Dedicated Player

I had mine stuck on an alt i had lost access to, finally got it back :p
    • Like x 1
  16. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I deleted most of my seasonal farming alts but I definitely cleaned up.

Frisk
    Sass
    Sassy
    Moral
    Rye
    Peel
    Lad
    Cast
    Spiral
    Truce
    Troop
    Randall
    Ripe
    Dollar

I am satisfied with my pot.
  17. Limey Committed Player

I got...

Names that I'm not talking about publicly, because the scammers and resellers will add them to their rename hijack bot list.
    • Like x 2
  18. Dark Warrior Active Player

I took it as an opportunity to fix the spelling on Pocket Rocket using "e" instead of "i". Got it immediately.
    • Like x 1
  19. WonderEU Level 30

I also got the one name I had been waiting so many years for.

It’s sad that people are exploiting the reclaim and filling multiple accounts with names to resell later but that’s the game. I have the one I wanted now if we can just get a gender change token (Hint hint dev team) then everything would be perfect I migrated my main to a different gender too many eps ago to bring back the other. Tho I may have to to use this name properly.
    • Like x 2
  20. BumblingB I got better.

I got a few names I was happy about! <3

Congrats on no "XxX's"
    • Like x 1