Bonus Artifact XP & Gift!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Emoney Dedicated Player

Because, here's the logic lol...wait for it.... ITS A GIFT.
    It's also consistant across the board in terms of levels. The silly problem yall have is the exponential experience. Oh well. That's the system.

I have 6 artifacts at or over 160 (3 at 200), 18 at 80-120, all from game time and membership, not spending direct money on artifacts. If yall spent the absurd cash, thanks for supporting the game. But that doesn't entitle you to get any more than people that level stuff with time. You paid to fast track your time.

As to me being the only one, maybe so far I'm the only one speaking out against this entitlement but so what. Does that make my point of view invalid, no.

If the devs took away the artifact, you'd have a point. But they didn't. Yall just act like they did. And yeah, my opinion will be unpopular because I think all of this had to happen, I despise that artifact, and support the devs whenever they decide to give gifts. I don't try to say it's not enough.
    • Like x 3
  2. spikeat Well-Known Player

If you go to work, at the end of the year your co-worker gets a 50% higher bonus check than you, is that ok with you? It's a gift after all as you say.
    • Like x 3
  3. FreeSquishy Level 30

By his logic sure especially if he did less than you he should get more
    • Like x 1
  4. Emoney Dedicated Player

I dunno, is that person newer without tenure and benefits? If I have tenure and benefits, and they don't, and I still get paid more hourly plus a 25% bonus, no problem. I also am not the type of person to look at others and wish or demand I get the same or more. I am grateful for what I have, because in the bigger picture, there's always people with less.
    • Like x 1
  5. L T Devoted Player

I get what you're saying, Proxy, I really do. But what's getting ignored is that I got to play with a maxed out EoG. That and my League-mates loved me for it. Every 10-15 seconds when I said "supercharge on me" they all came rushing to me from whatever corner of the instance they were in and gave me a hug. EoG made them love me, and you're dismissing that like it's nothing! You can't put a price on love, Proxy!

LOVE, I SAY!!
    • Like x 4
  6. FreeSquishy Level 30

Except that love you speak of was the same at 160 and 200 there was no difference besides a 5% stat buff for yourself when standing inside the eog circle
    • Like x 1
  7. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

You really are missing the point, its not about the nerfing or whether or not its useful anymore its a simple issue of people who had the artifact at 160 are getting $100 of recompense and people at 200 are getting $5. Go figure.

Is this really so hard to understand?
    • Like x 2
  8. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Gift/compensation there isn't really a difference in this context.

Even if you choose not to use the monetary example and want to use the sheer amount of time invested levelling the artifacts, the argument I made still stands. Why should someone who has invested 50 hours into levelling their artifact be given substantially higher compensation (gift) to someone who has spent 500 hours levelling their artifact. As I said, I'm not crying out for ANY kind of compensation, I actually would've been happier with no compensation at all as it sets the precedent that any kind of change to artifacts should require compensation of some kind (sorry... I mean a gift). But since the devs chose to go down this route, at least make the compensation (GIFTS!, I mean gifts!!) amounts consistent with the corresponding artifact levels. As another user kindly posted previously, level 200 artifact players are actually getting less than a player who has a level 80 artifact (you probably know how little time/money it takes to get an artifact to level 80... almost none).

The reason your arguments are invalid is because you are one of the players on the lower end of the gift/compensation table who has put in next to nothing and is getting more than us players with a 200 artifact.

I actually disagree with the final part. What does the devs taking away the artifact have to do anything? Whether they took it away or made minor changes, that doesn't change the fact that the compensation/gift should be consistent throughout. Even if you don't support compensation/gifts, surely anyone with half a brain would agree that it doesn't make sense for someone to receive less if they have invested more and vice versa.
    • Like x 3
  9. FreeSquishy Level 30

He doesn't seem to understand if people have it at 200 the either spent the time or money to get it there and should be rewarded in kind like everybody else instead of recieving less than even someone who has a lvl 80 like shown earlier.
  10. spikeat Well-Known Player

Same years of experience, hourly pay, and benefits in your hiring class, but under performs your productivity for the year. You would be ok if this coworker gets the bigger bonus?
  11. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, Love indeed. :p , but no seriously, I don't see someones prior use of the artifact as even being a factor in this equation.

This is being termed as a gift, but let's be real for a moment, it's as much "compensation" if not more so than it is a "gift" and its to compensate for what is realistically a very significant adjustment to an artifact people spent real life time/money on and the truth is, the people that have spent the less seem to be benefiting more from this situation than others.

That was always going to ruffle feathers.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The gifts were built to mirror the previous ones with Venom Wrist Dispenser. Rank 200 didn't exist at the time, so the significant value increase from continuing the same pattern in regard to the 140+ crowd wasn't really taken into account. We are discussing the issue.
    • Like x 16
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Appreciated.
    • Like x 1
  14. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Thank you for acknowledging this Mepps :)
    • Like x 1
  15. Emoney Dedicated Player

See though, you can't dismiss the tenure and benefits, because in comparison, that's the renown, feats and marks you've acquired using a 200 artifact all this time.
    • Like x 2
  16. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Thank you mepps
    • Like x 3
  17. MikeB Level 30

That's irrelevant to the conversation. Doesn't matter how long you had the 200 artifact for. Sounds like you're just gatekeeping. It's just a game. Do better
  18. Beckoned New Player

I figured the adjustment might come a day or two from now, but awesome to see that the voices were heard so quickly. Thanks guys!
    • Like x 1
  19. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Thanks
  20. Joybird Committed Player

So just to clarify: that annoying feature where an EoG circle doesn't work if there's already another EoG circle on the ground is gone, correct? The nerf is simply a reduction in the percentages?