are there any roleplayers in this game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheButtsasher, May 30, 2023.

1. TheButtsasher New Player

I know that dcuorp w a thing but their website was dead the last time I checked and I tried their usual channels and nothing. o is their a roleplaying community in this game?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes and too many in my opinion.
    • Like x 4
  3. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

There quite a few players that seem to be using a roleplaying loadout ...
    • Like x 3
  4. Irvynnge Loyal Player

absolutely, yes. you used to see them all the time in shout, on EU. now, not so much, but I suspect that's less to do with any decline in population & more to do with the general population piling in & taking the p*ss any time they pop up. they're definitely out there. maybe stick up a post in the league recruitment section of the forum? form your own little role playing league? go for it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Roleplayers usually always hang out in Little Bohemia. At least, on Xbox they do.
    • Like x 1
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Go to Metropolis in Little Bohemia in front of the Police Station in Phase 1.... and you will see hordes of them. ;)
    • Like x 2
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

We had one in league a week or so ago. I mean, hey, RP all you like on your own time...but if we're talking in league about running a raid, don't ask me if we're "gonna take out the Bat, because I wanna have a surprise for Mistah J!" you're totally going to be made fun of...hard.
    • Like x 3
  8. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

There's quite a few people who role play at having interpersonal skills, some of them aren't very good.
    • Like x 2
  9. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Vedic New Player

As a returning player, I wish there were a ton more roleplayers. Listening to roleplayers is a lot more entertaining and a lot less offensive than the usual racist, sexist and anti-lgbtq comments that are made in the chat channels.
    • Like x 1
  11. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Yea I don't know.
    Have had exactly two encounters with dc roleplayers that didn't exactly give me the best impression. One of them took their schlong out right after the hello, and another wanted me to dominate him.

[IMG]

.... I have Second Life for that, because I prefer to play actual games :D:oops:
    • Like x 1
  12. SonGoku Level 30

Hmm, always wondered why some people think this way tbh

The game is 12 years old on a ps3 engine, IMO the only appeal it has is that it’s got the DC license and can use their characters and people can play as their favourite Superheroes/Villains. Not like theres any Flash or Superman games out that are open world like Marvels Spider-Man on PS (which is pretty crazy no studio has made one), so dcuo is the closest a lot of people have

Call me crazy, but I’d rather play with a bunch of XXB4TM4Nx0’s just having fun than a bunch of elitist short sprite clowns with names like “desk lamp” thinking their name is OG and calling everyone slurs and being a-holes for no reason
    • Like x 4
  13. Vedic New Player

That's pretty repulsive they did that. That's not typical of the rp communities I've seen in other games (I can't really speak as to DCUO as I've been away for about 5 years). While those two people doing that was inexcusable and should be called out and what they did shouldn't be diminished in any way my point comes from things that offensive are in DCUO's chat channels everyday. It's easier to deal with a few bad actors than a large amount of bad actors.
    • Like x 1
  14. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Yep.
  15. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

I've been in a rather small RP group for a couple of years now.
    It's pretty fun, and a nice change of pace when I need a break from all the grinding.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Call me crazy but I'd rather just play the game than watch some Superman cosplayer get knocked out in two hits because he thought the 'S' on his chest would make him tank better. Or stand around waiting for x1x1xthegreenIanternx1x1x to finish typing some cringe monologue in the chat box.
  17. Vedic New Player

So, you'd rather have a CR skip with no game experience, no decent artifacts snd sub 100 SP get knocked out in two hits while spouting slurs because they think their CR skip means they can tank? That's more entertaining and waiting for slurs and swears is less offensive than someone role playing?
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So let me get this straight. You think there's only two types of players: cosplayers who do no wrong and cr skips who just throw slurs around. Ok.
    • Like x 1
  19. Skille Well-Known Player

And the weirdos that message every female toon. Can't forget those type of players
    • Like x 1
  20. Vedic New Player

Not at all. There are bad players all around. However, you are the one who chose to generalize rpers as bad players. If rping entailed terrible skills at a video game then why have so many RPers cleared end game content in, for example, WoW which has more difficult mechanics than DCUO on the average?

I'm just stating that, if I'm going to pug, I'd rather get people who are just having fun instead of people throwing around racist and sexist slurs.

If I'm not pugging then it doesn't matter to me how people have fun with the game since it's their gametime and I'm not going to judge anyone for how they play a game. I'm not an elitist so I don't care what other people do with their free time unless what they're doing is throwing around racist and sexist slurs in which case they should be warned and then banned if they don't stop as that's unacceptable behaviour.