Replay Badges and preices to reunlock things

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Loki2911, May 29, 2023.

1. kallader Well-Known Player

Me I get all I want free with what they give us with membership all you need is to wait 2 month to get 725 replay
    They give 150 replay plus 500db if turn them into replay you have 300 replay 50 db left but
    Keep the 500db and replay for next month so 1000db give you 350 replay and have100db turn in 25 replay = 725 replay total
  2. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

It's very simple. People who are dumb enough to pay lots of money for a piece of virtual tat - in a game that at any moment can shut down forever - are likely to be dumb enough to pay for it again. It's genius. :)
    • Like x 4
  3. Loki2911 Well-Known Player

the thing is my char got an style witch i like to unlock on another of my chars....nah sry no matter if booster bundle or not i mean sometimes u pay like 100€ to get wh u want...and i should pay 10€ per char to unlock that again ?
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The unlock costs reflect the rarity or difficulty that was required to obtain the original item.
    • Like x 5
  5. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I normally don't unlock a style unless I really like and then its worth it for me. It is a bit expensive but I normally don't use my replays for unlocking styles anyway
    • Like x 1
  6. Loki2911 Well-Known Player

well but dont u think even urself this is not fair i mean isnt it enough that we allready worked hard for it or even spend alot of money allready for the item so why do we have to suffer once more? shouldnt it feel like an benefit to get something rare u can share with your other chars ?
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Thing is, it can be argued that the rarity decreases or is devalued if you can share it freely/at a lesser cost on other characters. So to maintain the rarity they desired the devs decided to keep the price up there a bit.

And while it may not seem or be fair, they kind of have the right to do so. They made the items and determined how easy or hard it was going to be to get them, so they get to set the price as they see fit to reflect the rarity.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Except it doesn't... the OG plasmic is cheaper than, some source mark items, it isn't difficult to obtain source marks, so what happens is it becomes better for the player just to outright buy another style direct, which means to me style sharing source mark acquired items is too expensive and should be dropped to even make it appealing.

Unless of course you're making it expensive so as to push people to play rather than it representing rarity?
    • Like x 2
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I actually had a buddy who just got back on the game run into that 'unlock all styles' button and he was all exited thinking that he could just basically get all the styles in the game.

I've personally never pressed that button, but it seems like a problem waiting to happen unless it's quadruple locked behind confirmations. If you actually had enough replays to unlock all of them (I think mine would cost 50K+ to do), and pressed that button, it would be very expensive to basically get next to nothing as many styles you'd get are junk and the ones you'd want you can cherry pick. Not sure why that button exists other than to take advantage of someone who's too dopey to realize what it's doing till they have 0 replays and a nice shiny set of 'Buckaroo' style they could have picked up for nothing at Dr Fate.

Again, if it's firewalled behind something like 'This will cost 50K replays to unlock' and 'are you SURE you want to blow the equivalent of $2000 to get styles you'll never use?' and 'do your parents know you stole their credit card'?....I suppose it's fine. But I'm not sure who'd really use it.

Follow up....if anyone has actually ever 'unlocked all' on a new toon off a years old existing toon...how much verification did you get? Just 'press X' or does it at least say how many replays it would take before taking them?
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd do it to unlock a style that would complete a set if I were having trouble getting it on my alt. For example, I need the robotic feet on my PC main and if one of the alts got it, I'd unlock it...assuming it came in under 50. If it were 50+....I'd keep grinding on the main.

Other than that, I believe I've unlocked maybe 10 styles on any alt ever...and most of those were under 10 replays.

But to be fair...I don't get into the dress up factor on this game much.
    • Like x 1
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yes, it does prompt you 1st with the amount it costs.

Just tried it...
    [IMG]
    Woof

R.I.P. XD
    • Like x 4
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but if you HAD 182000 replay badges...would it have just accepted it?

Seems like no one in their right might would ever use this button. That's about 520 $10 350 replay packs. $5200? Who's doing that?
    • Like x 1
  13. kallader Well-Known Player

If you keep your free 150 replay each month and also keep your 500 free DB in a year you will get over 4000 replay badge and if you keep all until we have discount 50% you can double the amount so over 8000 replay in a year.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Although I appreciate what you're displaying it's not reflective of reality because it assumes the only thing desirable to spend the stipend on each month is replays, that obviously isn't true given there's also time capsules, artifacts, allies and so on that might be desirable.

So respectfully, just because you can earn around 4,000 replays a year, if that's all you ever buy doesn't necessarily justify the pricing.
  15. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

To some...yes, that's the only thing worth spending it on. I'm down with his assessment. The rest of the stuff you listed is something to spend money on...true. However it's also stuff you can get elsewhere in game without spending your grant. There are no replays in Dr Fate, or in opening time capsules and there are no 2x weeks for replays or 2 for 1 replay use in game. I wouldn't 'just' say Replays though...armories, inventory/bank slots, all are pretty much the most 'valuable' things as they are MP only....However, personally I was capped on those other things, as I'd guess many long time players are, so yeah....replays only as far as the MP was concerned.
  17. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

I mean I rather spend 10 bucks in replays on that awesome Resistance Ponytail than open hundreds of TCs in the hopes to get all the collection or worse, play with the broker sharks. Oh wait, I did. Twice. :p
    • Like x 1
  18. Gravedigger Active Player

Lol difficult to get…have u seen the price of the Ankh accessory that u can buy for sm? Thats a hilarious oversight if you’re going by difficulty.
  19. Gravedigger Active Player

Id honestly like to see replays replace the useless soda ultimates in the login bonuses. Even if it was only like 10 badges. Still better than an item you cant even delete & have to manually sell it away. Not enough to reset content, but enough to grab a few baby feats for an alt each month, seeing how alts get screwed enough w the current format of the game
    • Like x 1
  20. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Feats and styles should unlock account wide but thats just crazy talk right ?