Can a New Time Capsule include

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by catplaysxoxo, May 28, 2023.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

A new iconic power lolz use any of the legends so you guys don’t have to create one from scratch. I’ll happily pay dumb money. :)

1. Flame Breath (bizarro)
    2. Martial Arts hand combo from Alan Walker
    3. Circe Clone power
    4. Summon Circe minions (beastiamorphs)

Just to name a few.

Thoughts?
    • Like x 2
  2. Skille Well-Known Player

Maybe as future emotes?
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I would buy that for a dollar. ;)

Especially the Flame Breath and the Circe Clone power. :)
  4. OdieBadger Well-Known Player

I would like to see Bizarro powers. Flame breath and freezing eyes. Bizarro skin. What about a Bizarro World? Is Bizarro emblems and suits off the table like Superman? It’s a shame DC’s biggest star isn’t allowed to be a player character in the game. Kinda defeats the DC world.
    • Like x 2
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

hell no.:p
  6. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

You want the “sips tea” emote & you know it! Lol
    • Like x 2
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Do you mean an actual iconic power or emotes? If you actually mean an actual iconic power then no. No abilities should ever be locked behind an rng capsule. If you mean emotes or “skins” for abilities than that’s different lol
    • Like x 1
  8. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

It’s not rng if it unlocks by unlocking x amount of (iconic time capsule). The idea of different skins for iconic powers like frost breath for flame breath is also good.
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If you want something that works decently/well for a Bizarro skin, try the Bark skin that can be picked up right now with the Spring seasonal.

[IMG]

As for DC's decision-making when it comes to Superman and the related stuff, take it up with DC. The devs have only so much control over what they can put into the game, and as long as DC is being protective there isn't much the devs can do.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Sure, as long as they are also available in the quark vendor, without needing to have a feat to purchase them. They should also go for the same price of 25 quarks that the artifacts in that vendor have.
    • Like x 1
  11. Limey Committed Player

Selling powers in a time capsule.. I mean that would be definitely diving way deeper into the P2W pool, and they'd have to add an entirely new internal function/tech to even make consumable or item-based equippable powers - and like many other things players claim to hate, there would be a lot of rage about selling powers, but most people would still keep playing despite claims of quitting or greed of the devs, etc...

Personally, I think more iconics is a good idea, selling them is a bad idea, and at the end of the day, both have virtually no chance of actually happening so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • Like x 1
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

From time capsules we get allies, emotes, the Bottled City Soda requires you to open 15 Kryptonian Time Capsules. I don’t believe it’s that difficult to implement. Simply unlocking X amount of my Iconic Time Capsules unlocks a new iconic power. And because it becomes a feat unlock you can unlock it on your alts. I rather have that than keep spending money on materials if I’m going to be 100% honest. I think it’s time we put a hold on materials. We have a ton of styles and materials. We know we will still spend money on it, the least we can do is be smart about what we are willing to spend especially if those styles and materials are based off of rng.
  13. myandria Item Storage

Good points; however, there should be a limit of how many items are locked behind a time capsule. We don't get "all " allies from time capsules; the better ones are on the vendors/marketplace due to game updates/limited time offerings. When was the last time we had to open a certain amount of time capsules to get an artifact? I am not certain that the devs will continue to put emotes behind time capsules on a regular basis, since we now have Plastic Man selling them.

In my opinion, the items you mention should be in the Dr. Fate vendor for fate/destiny tokens. I would be more inclined to spend my fate tokens if those items were in that vendor (Im close to 10k fate tokens).

Note: Isn't there a Henchman Uplink Device: Circe's Beastiamorphs in the game that you get as a drop from Wonderverse?
  14. Loki2911 Well-Known Player

well to transform the heatvision into an ice vision and ice in fire breath i think an artifact would be away more usefull think about hwat they already done with the heart of isis witch transform word of power in shazam latters :)
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

The thing is I’m tired of spending money on rng for just materials. I like the idea of opening X amount of time capsules to receive a guaranteed reward. That’s way better than the other. Players are going to spend real money. It’s a win win scenario. I don’t oppose the items to be in the Dr Fate vendor. There’s no excuse anymore as to why we can’t have new iconics. Look how long it took to give us emotes. We can’t even get tech to allow us to sit on a chair.

There’s so much money we players can still give to support the game but we have to ask ourselves how longer are we going to continue supporting DCUstyleO?

As for the Circe henchmen, yes there is. Though it has a long cool down for a trinket henchmen. I sometimes play Circe mission and like using her teleport and beastiamorph summon. It has a shorter cooldown and shorter time limit while activated. You know instead of 3 beast we can have 1 and make it a pet tray ability. We also have asked for different skins to robot sidekick and we just gotten powerset skins for them.
  16. myandria Item Storage

The main reason why we can't have new iconics in a timely manner is WB/DC. The devs have stated before that they would LOVE to give us new ones; however, they have to be approved via the licensing agreements. An example of this is the Lantern Construct Powers; they are all the same for each Lantern Construct color? Why? Because WB/DC has not approved of the different powers each Lantern Construct Power has, even though they are in the comics. It's not an issue of if the devs "can" create them, but if WB/DC will "approve" them.

I agree that it would be nice to get something different than a new type of material. New iconic items would be lovely. New lair types would be wonderful. More unique emotes would be awesome! (imagine a "picnic" emote that has the character spread out a blanket, set a picnic basket on the blanket and then sit down on the blanket) Outdoor object interactions would be awesome! (a door swinging open when you walk in a mission that has a door, using the outdoor ATM opens up your bank/shared bank inventory, ect)
  17. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I’m not asking for new iconics. There are a tons of Legends iconic powers we can use. They are already in game. I highly doubt it’s because of WB/DB since those legend iconic powers are in game, it is simply a matter of unlocking it for us players. We are playing a mmo that has hardware limitation. I don’t think DCUO can have lairs and object interaction like ESO does.
    • Like x 1
  18. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

That and "Eats popcorn" for watching others PvP.
    • Like x 1
  19. myandria Item Storage

True, another good point. Until the game is fully updated to support all new gen tech, I guess we will have to wait and see how much farther the devs can take this game, similar to what happened when the game left the PS3 behind.
    • Like x 1