Atomic Tanking New Meta! Bye Bye Rage

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by sqweagy, May 29, 2023.

1. sqweagy New Player

I’ve been trying to find some stuff for every role to by pass certian play styles.
    I hate rage and everything it deals with. I hate logging in and seeing meta chasers everyone in house of legends all Rage,

So with my experimenting I have found Atomic Destroying rage tanks in raids and alerts. I have soloed alerts and 8 man raids. Took me a hour to Jill final but it was done.

When you’re in atomic aura it heals you for a flat percentage of max heal damage resistance, then super speed intates that give extra resist. Atomic has a aoe pull so run artifact that boost teams defense on pull also artifact that increases defense per ad around you. It is running the raids rn
  2. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Can you elaborate?
    • Like x 1
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I'm certain he's talking regular content, random queue.

To the op:
    I run a Rage (main) and an atomic. Both are very good, but if I had to say one was more capable than the other, Rage would win, hands down.

You said, "When you’re in atomic aura it heals you for a flat percentage of max heal damage resistance,"
    Actually when the aura is active, you heal on the last 2 hits of combo damage, for %40 of your maximum dominance. Damage has nothing to do with it.

"Atomic has a aoe pull," oddly enough, so does Rage. Without mercy pulls from a 360 degree radius, it deals damage, and it heals: which makes it almost the same as atomic's.

As far as artifacts go, your bread and butter tank artifacts are:
    Mystic symbol of the seven.
    Manacles of force.

Those 2 are your top notch artifacts. The 3rd slot is kinda like a "users choice." Don't get me wrong, there are other viable artifact setups, like scrap and EoG, but chances are the tank is running one at least of the two above.
    • Like x 2
  4. sqweagy New Player

Pvp atomic wins. Elite atomic wins, I ran side by side with the top performers on some leaderboards, outperformed obsidian chill.

Won PVP. Outperformed on raids , elites . Just because you main rage. Doesn’t mean anything. I put up better numbers than dcuo obsidian chill and sat in house of legends just running through rage kids in pvp. There is a skill gap when it comes to running atomic over rage. Run rage if your new
  5. sqweagy New Player

Also fact check your abilities it’s not the last damage combos it’s 2% of your max health.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Sorry but what?

Every single tank can solo tank the elite raid and elite alert just fine. Every tank has an AoE pull. Every movement has resistance enhancers. You have not described anything that atomic does that others do not do.

And to elaborate/fact check on some information you said.

1. The aura does not heal you. It’s when you use a combo based ability while your aura is up. Additionally just hitting something with either an ability or weapon will also heal you (to a lesser degree)
    2. While everyone has arts that can increase health when you use a pull, refractor (think that’s the name) is actually one of the lower rated tanking artifacts. Atm manacles (which you mentioned), symbols, Everyman, and laz pit are all better. Not saying refractor is bad, it’s just that there are better ones.

And finally, atomic is not “destroying” rage. Every tank power has strengths and weaknesses. Rage earth and fire tend to be more versatile. While ice leans towards bosses/single target fights, and atomic leans towards anything with a lot of adds. However every tank can do all content.
    • Like x 3
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This right here is proof you do not know what you’re talking about. Hitting any enemy with any attack heals you for 2% of your max health. Hitting enemies with a combo based attack heals you got 40% of your max dominance.
    • Like x 4
  8. jolaksi Well-Known Player

I dont wanna talk about reg, reg elite content. These contents are cake walk with any tank powerset. Atomic is "meta" nowadays(well at least for hardest E+ raid which is TSWE+) only because it's supercharge. All sweaty end gamers taking advantage of mass density and getting the feats out of the way. To my knowledge all the LEGIT groups who got 8 seconds and no death feats on TSWE+ had at least 1 or 2 atomic tanks. Atomic just outshines other tank powersets with it's SC imo.
  9. sqweagy New Player

Correct !. Look at buddy watching raids and content he’s in. As ****** as it is yes the SC is the bread and butter along with , hard light shield , density , and proton remedy. With a dilustel refractor , Everyman prototype , and symbol of the seven. Practically unkillable.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You’ve already proven you aren’t knowledgeable in this topic. Density is the weakest power set shield across all tank powers. The only 2 tank shields that are weaker are shatter restraint, which gets stronger because of superman, and and reflection which is the 12 second spam shield that ice has in addition to its true power set shield, winter ward.

Atomics strength does not come from density or HLS. It comes from thermochemical explosion which atomic tanks can use to cycle an infinite CC chain to take 0 damage from adds. Look at the last boss of TTe. An atomic tank can gather everything and keep them infinitely locked down for the dps. This has nothing to do with its shields. Mass density being the best group shield comes in play less than its other primarily benefit. This is why atomic is so strong this dlc.

What makes atomic unkillable in these specific fights is that enemies can’t attack if they are perma CCed. It’s why everyone switches to ice during SM. Because ice shields allow it to be a better tank for ST fights.

If you are going to try and make claims, at least have a foundational knowledge of what you’re talking about.
  11. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Ummm. not really. Nobody using the artifacts you listed anymore. At least the sweaties I mentioned earlier. The sole purpose of them being atomic tank is Mass density. Soul cloak-EOG-Lazarus pit as in slot artifacts. So they can cycle their both movement SC and Mass density when needed. Dodging basic weapon attacks of bosses are done with rolling or being out of range when it needed. This has to be default/basic tanking skill if someone wants to be a good tank...

While I partially agree with you, adds are not really a challenge or count as a difficulty. They are out of difficulty equation imo. Juggling adds and not taking dmg from them can be achieved by any tank. A juggle ability+emitters. Thats it. Actually its a lot benefical and easy with ice because of Resonating Gale. I seen atomic tanks fail to juggle their adds during grid mechanic in TTE last boss while an Ice tank can easily keep adds juggled with Gale in long range.

The atomic tanks that I mentioned earlier are solely atomic for Mass Density and how clutch it is in conent. Simples example is two tanks can do the green rebuke mechanic on TSWE+ with mass density IF healer topped off their and group's health to the 100% before rebuke explosion. Tanks are left with like 10% HP after rebuke explosion but the bosses which attack to these tanks during and after the rebuke wont penetrate mass density because how strong it is. And then healer just heals the group once again; everybody alive even with 2 people on green rebuke and fight goes on.

Mass density covers them from incoming damage from bosses during green rebuke. Like I said this method is how these legit groups got the 8 seconds and no death feats on TSWE+. Thats greatly benefical than juggling some adds.
  12. sqweagy New Player

Literally watched half of your videos since you wanted say I’m dumb half of your content is arguable, my proof is in my gameplay I have never died. Ever. Pvp or elites. I have people blowing up my inbox to just tank them instead of attacking someone ina. Forum page go test my argument then come back with content
  13. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Here's an idea, give us "exactly" your complete loadout:
    SP allocation
    Artifacts (plus levels)
    Gear (plus mods)
    Allies
    Utility belt supplies
    Cola used (buff or regular, before content buff?)
    Augments (levels: upper and lower)
    Loadout of powers
    Rotation of powers (situational vs always using off cool down)

Then, I'll jump on and run content with your setup, and give you an honest comparison vs my own setup, and vs my Rage setup.
    • Like x 3
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

My content? I haven’t uploaded in forever lol. So you never died? Ever? Pvp or elites? I call BS. That can easily be proven. Do TTe and show a screenshot. Even great tanks can die if the group makes errors. Your credibility is nonexistent at this point.
    • Like x 3
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

Its sad because atomic is really only good if built around mass density.
  16. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

This thread feels like atomic tanking is being talk down. I’m confused though is this thread about elite content or about atomic tanking in general?
  17. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I've done well with atomic, not using mass density. I will say mad density makes it easier, but I kinda like the challenge lol.
  18. pultinski Well-Known Player

I am wondering why you feel the need to "destroy" any other power, for any reason other than in PvP (same role/different power duels only).
  19. Drathmor Unwavering Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  20. Daitoso0317 Active Player

What about running rage makes someone a meta chaser, maybe someone just enjoys rage?
    • Like x 1