Omnibus suggestions - share your ideas

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lllStrichcodelll, May 23, 2023.

1. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Riiiight... Elite EEG content is also clamped and is not in Omnibus, so the association is BS either way. There's no real connection, other than they happened at the same time - you could have "random" queue without the clamp and vice-versa. And this thread is not about the clamp.

Some people also boycotted allies because they were first introduced at the same time as the stat clamp. :rolleyes:
    Because children often throw their toys out of the pram, when they're upset with something unrelated...
    • Like x 1
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Reduce duo's requirements from 3 duos to 2.
    Add one additional Omnibus weekly.
    Split the current listing of normal raids into two categories. Omnibus easy raid and Omnibus normal raid
    Easy will be the normal raids that have the least amount of time investment and normal will have double the rewards with having raids that take a longer time investment.

Add 5 marks of the most current DLC to the reward for alerts and duo and Omnibus easy raid and 10 marks to the Omnibus normal raid.

Right now omnibus is just not very appealing long term.
    • Like x 1
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Try not to throw toys indiscriminately, aim first :)
    • Like x 2
  4. Dev72 Dedicated Player

I think what he is driving at is that EEG content can be accessed through omnibus. If they were to add elite selection settings in the omnibus que, would that change the position that EEG isn't correlated with the omnibus system?

The bottom line is that it doesn't matter how players que into EEG (unless they aren't trying to que to specific instances), EEG can still be qued both ways, unless queing for elite. The clamp applies either through omnibus or through direct que (elite and normal).

There isn't a position to be had on this one. EEG is clamped either way. Now, if you are saying you can que EEG content without being clamped...the enquiring minds behind the anti-clampers would like to know. That way it will kill the exhaustive amount of posts that have been posted to the point where one would grow cross-eyed complaining about the clamp. For reference, EEG counts as episodes existing up to the previous two episode releases prior to the lates and greatest. Right now, Dark Knights is still considered EG...not EEG. Otherwise, the head augments would not be able to be consumed into the latest ones and DK would not be listed as part of the end game three when pulling up the que tab.
    • Like x 3
  5. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

duo and solo weekly awards should definitely be separate
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And yet...they DIDN'T add random queue (at least a 1 button option) until they introduced the clamp.....ironic.

BTW. Please name the one thing you can do in Omni that is NOT clamped or EEG. So there is KIND of a slight connection there....just maybe?

Some people boycott allies because they are a blatant money grab, but they are lumped in as the same issue ALSO because they came out at the same time. Some people dropped membership because the most worth while things were removed from it...also at the same time.

Children also jump to conclusions about what makes people do things....they may think it's because someone is a 'stinky poopy head', but they might be wrong. Although...sometimes...they might be right.;)
    • Like x 3
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Omnibus in general, could be improved by any number of these suggestions. I especially like the one where a player has to perform in the role they queued up for.

From my own limited experience with Omnibus, participation in it seems to be the most glaring problem.

A) identifying the root cause(s) of lower player participation should be studied
    B) once the cause(s) have been identified, solutions can then be explored which will hopefully bear improvements

Understanding why players avoid Omnibus needs to be explored. The greater looming issue is general population growth game-wide. Attracting new players (customers) is a difficult challenge which I’m sure has caused someone at the Company many sleepless nights. Increasing the general player base size will naturally increase the pool of players to pull from in Omnibus, along with the suggestions made here by others for improving the current state of Omnibus.

I don’t know why, but I have seen player names returning whom I have not seen since 2018-19 (Pre-Pandemic). So something is happening to draw former players back at least. I would encourage all of us to make the new / returning players feel welcome.
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Make SP matter MORE x)
    • Like x 1
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I don't think my answer to this qualifies ;p
    • Like x 1
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

You never know!

:)
  11. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Oh, yes. Almost as "ironic" as "raaaaai-aaaaain on your wedding day"... :rolleyes:

Both stat clamp and Omnibus are are related to EEG. If that's the tenuous connection you're looking for - well spotted.

And yet they didn't boycott other "blatant money grabs", which this game is full of....."ironic"?

Children also make up excuses why they do things, that - in their view at least - make them look better than the true reasons. ;)
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So the fact that a 'queue all' system wasn't introduced for 10 years, and that the only runs that Omni visits ARE clamped....that still says 'no real connection' to you, other than a particular calendar day both launched? Okie-doke.

See...that's an assumption. I know several players who've opted out of all of the more blatant money grabs. However, with the fact you can't you can't re-use an ally into another(they won't make THAT mistake again), Allies are a touch more grabby than Artis...or maybe even TCs. TC's probably still win out as the MOST grabby as they tied SP to them....virtually requiring it for some of the player base. We are a compulsive lot after all.

Well this at least is true. But also some children don't see that sometimes an excuse can be legit and true(generally called 'reasons')....not just made up...well unless they agree with it. Then...well then OBVIOUSLY...it's not an excuse, right?
    • Like x 2
  13. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Okie-dokie, indeed.

The fact, that allies don't impact gameplay anywhere near as much as artifacts - so that players can afford to not use them - arguably makes them less "grabby".

"Compulsive" is one word for it. Considering that those 115SP make very little difference unless you're a new player - I'd use a different, less flattering word.

Sure, why not. But either way - children have a difficult time getting over things they can't control, letting go and moving on...
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Players who queue omnibus should be rewarded with quarks.

/end
    • Like x 5
  15. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Custom group sizing and content scaling to match!
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

lol
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And yet. here we BOTH are in a thread about trying to change things for the better in Omnibus....something we arguably have no control over. Like a freeeeeee riiiiiiiiide....when you already paid... indeed.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Free ride indeed, I think they should make the game sub only, thrive or die baby :D
    • Like x 3
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It was another song reference....sorry, I should have made that clear. I'll go back and fix it.
  20. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

If I'm in this, or a similar thread, suggesting the same thing and not taking "no" for an answer - you'll have a point.