How has this joke not made it into the game yet?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, May 22, 2023.

1. Raven Roth Committed Player

After all the years this game's been running, I've wondered why there's no grounded joke

An Npc or Boss shouts "You're grounded!" and proceeds to use an ability that grounds everyone
    • Like x 4
  2. Skille Well-Known Player

We just got a " do it for the vine" joke in the form of a feat. That joke was from 2013-2015 so give it a few more years. Lol
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Eh... Closest would be the tap to breakout stuns that Saturn Girl and Ebon do.
    • Like x 1
  4. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Maybe because there is a limit to how lame writing in this game is allowed to be?
    • Like x 1
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Apparently not, considering Ebon's dialogue at the end of the duo. The slang sounds so forced or "cringe", it even sounds like the voice actor himself was wondering what the heck he was saying. Heh.
  6. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Static's dialogue is indeed cringeworthy. As is a lot of writing in DCUO. Still, since they haven't used an obvious dad joke, like "You're grounded", there must be some line the writers won't cross. Either that, or maybe they all assumed the line is already in the game somewhere.
  7. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

TBF Static's cringeworthy dialogue is probably at least partially intentional because teenager.
    • Like x 1
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

That might be why I didn't feel like Static's dialogue was out of place like it did with Ebon.
  9. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Ebon (at least from what you're saying, I haven't done the instances yet):

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I'm surprised when they came out with the Pied Piper's Flute Artifact the ability wasn't called...

"Oh it's rats! It's always rats!"
    • Like x 1