Dev Discussion Emotes Wheel

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to discuss and report bugs about the new Emotes Wheel.
  2. Captain C Active Player

I have one question. How do you actively use the wheel in-game? Best I've got is F2 -> Emotes
  3. Last Dragon Well-Known Player

Since you gave cross gender emotes I think it's time to allow both genders use all personality types too. May lead to some extra personality respec token sales if you do that.
  4. Eve YouTuber

You need to set a key for it. I set X on my keyboard and you need to hold it down to open it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Limey Committed Player

Realistically, personality type needs to be a style setting, with the personality change token needs to be altered to a buy new personality style, with the addition of a new bundle that contains them all for a single character.

If the tech to make/change them is modular enough, this would also open the possibility of personality stances from vendors/capsules/collection/brief/investigation rewards as well.
  6. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Emotes (especially looping emotes like; sleep, rest, dance etc) are cancelled when somebody(a player) walk near by and touch my character. Is this intended?
    • Like x 1
  7. you and me we got this Level 30

please make it to where you cant emote while you are in combat cause some people just decide to spam emote the chat while we are typing for mechanics
  8. you and me we got this Level 30

also please make the wheel none spamable as its annoying to be spamed in chat , like maybe a 10-15 second cooldown would be great so people cant spam emotes in general
  9. Vedvaengr New Player

It was L-Ctrl by default on my end
  10. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

I find 'howdy' instead of 'wave' (which I used all the time) very not-me. AFAIK it's etymology is regional USian. Am going to need an alternative, not standoffish but not too friendly, greeting for PUGs and such.
  11. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Is there a link to set emotes in? I have the wheel (set it to #3) but it's blank.
  12. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

Go to style menu > the masks on the right and place the ones you want to use
    • Like x 1
  13. CosmicSentinaI New Player

How to bring up the emote wheel on PS4?
  14. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Thanks! ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

There is a minor thing I've noticed, where if one is using a laptop touchpad or touchscreen to zoom in or out on characters, previously nothing could be seen, but now upon doing so, the mouse cursor becomes visible & upon holding the zoom in or out and not moving, the emote wheel pop up while still unable to select any emotes. If there is anyway that could be fixed/looked into?