Waste of Money On Elite Gear - Just too much this DLC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Charlieboy, May 17, 2023.

1. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

Every DLC I farm the elite gear on one toon to get the feat that reduces the cost, to get that gear on my alts.

I am dammed if I am going to grind the raid to get 190 Meta Clinic ID to get the elite Head and Chest when these will simply be worn then salvaged immediately as I have the OP Head and Chest.

For the past few DLC's you seem to choose the gear items that have a high marks value, and this time needing 16 raid runs just to salvage the items is beyond a joke.

In monetary value that's around $26 of replays needed just to be wasted to simply get the feat.

Its about time the OP item counted as that gears elite version and stop this blatant waste of money and frankly at 16 runs its just a waste of time on a already boring raid.

For the first time in years I am seriously considering sticking with purple gear on my alts and not bothering to complete the feat at all. And I will be $26 better off and not throwing money down the drain.
    • Like x 1
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

if you dont need those two pieces dont buy those two pieces until you raise enough marks to buy them with out paying for replays...
    • Like x 5
  3. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

Then I cant buy any gear in my alts as the feat wont be completed to reduce the cost on them.

If it was 50 marks or something around that level i could justify it but 190 is a hell of a lot and then I also need to use replays to get a full set of ger on my alts.

This DLC is just working out as too expensive
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

"You could always wait until a double currency week to get faster returns if you absolutely need it right now", he said, having recently seen the latest announcement.
    • Like x 4
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This is one of the most entitled post recently made lol. Don’t want to spam a “boring” raid to get marks to complete a feat? Then don’t do it. Who is forcing you to do it? Who if forcing you to not buy any gear on any other toon unless you have the discounted price? Every single thing you mentioned is a self imposed rule then whine that you are doing that to yourself. I personally will get the feat and then get the feat for alts to give them a discount. Why? Because a few replays for the feats allows them to use marks elsewhere. I personally make that decision so I also accept the limitations until I get said feats.
    • Like x 7
  6. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

Thanks for pointing out there was a new announcement and yes I have saved my replays for bonus weeks.

Its not that I have to have it all now its just that I want to actively play but I cant progress on my alts until that feat is done so I feel like I am stuck in limbo running a raid once a week unless I pay for rep[lay badges which I do.

I dont object to spending money, I spend quite a lot on this game but its just a waste when all you are going to do is salvage the gear. It could be a littler more constructive than that or the gear that you salvage didnt cost so much.
  7. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

What a surprise you respond with such a condescending post. Well you are known for it.

Its not a few replays for the feats, in total this dlc for a full set of elite gear, op chest and a weapon you will need 1179 ID marks.

That's a hell of a lot. Yes I chose to do it but I am pointing out that this dlc they have once again chosen op items that replace elite gear that has a high purchase value.

For just getting the feat to apply the discount is 500 ID marks of which 190 are going to be spent on gear that is salvaged. And you think that's not a waste? Well lucky you to have money to throw away but I already spend around $200 a month on the game and I object to spending money on items that are just going to be salvaged. Why not have an op face and hands and make that cost a third of what a chest and head piece are.

Perhaps in one of your posts you could say something constructive instead of belittling people with flippant remarks.
    • Like x 3
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Money to throw away? You realize you’re complaining about needing to spend money to finish the feat before the first double marks week even comes out… who is forcing you to do so? The devs aren’t. You are the one who feels the need to reset to get the feat. You’re the one that is choosing to max out within the first month. You are the one the is choosing to not progress on other toons because they can’t buy gear.

And mo it’s not a waste of 190 marks. You know why? Because it gives us a feat…
    • Like x 4
  9. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I read this, and think to myself, it's a game, everything spent on it is a waste, by definition.
    • Like x 9
  10. spikeat Well-Known Player

I never purchase any elite gear for any of my alts.
    • Like x 5
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So here's what i do.
    I buy those 2 pieces on my 2nd or 3rd char, since i dont farm 3x the OP items each Dlc. That way i have 2 pieces on my alt already and then simply unlock the style on my main. Et Voila..... 2 pieces for very few replay badges.:)
    • Like x 5
  12. Limey Committed Player

Give it 2 months or less, there'll be a featured episode before the next episode, cutting the cost in half.

Do people forget that happens?

Wait, do people still spend replay badges on raids?
    • Like x 4
  13. Skille Well-Known Player

You can just buy the pieces that one toon doesn't need, on your alt. Then buy the style over for the feat.

Lol
    • Like x 4
  14. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Imagine worrying about your alts over 26 dollars. You know artifacts and allies are a thing, right?
    • Like x 1
  15. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

This is the way.
    • Like x 2
  16. Proxystar #Perception

I'm at a loss as to why you're translating this into a monetary value? Aren't you just naturally playing anyway? The way I personally deal with it is I just farm everything out on my main, eventually get the gear and feat naturally, transfer the feat and buy the normal gear on my alts then.

Until I transfer the feats I'd either by nothing on my alts or just buy rings, face, neck weapons (which I'd be getting full price anyway) or in fact this time I've got elite ones for half price so it's easier to level alts for this DLC, not harder, my alts are already around CR405 just with those elite accessories and drop gear.

I think you're looking at it mathematically and seeing that there's the two redundant pieces and becoming overwhelmed by the prospect that isn't that much different than its ever been and with patience doesn't require you to actually spend anything unless you're in a super rush to level your alts to max, which isn't really necessary.
    • Like x 1
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you dont have to be in a hurry to get them its supposed to come in time if your using replays to get élite items when you already have the op ones then I'm sorry that's on you.

and everyone in the game doesn't have the OP items so there are others that could need those items for the gear.

its not like alts need elite gear mine all get by with dropped stuff. as they only exists to support your main as this game isnt very alt friendly now days

and you do know its possible to hold on to marks on your alts until you eventually complete the feat on your main. they don't go anywhere on their own. I use mine personally to buy the OP food and catalyst for my main to finish theirs faster
    • Like x 1
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

i have wondered about this so
    if you buy individual pieces on separate characters. if you buy that specific style on your main like say just the chest does it also count towards completing the piece on your main and will finish the over all style for the feat? Ive never tried it to see if it works like that
  19. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yes
    • Like x 2
  20. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Yep - I figured this out last DLC - I went and bought a single (different) piece on each of my like 9-10 toons, then bought all of the styles on 1 toon to get the feat. Then bought the feat across all toons to get the discount on all toons.
    • Like x 1