No one is going to say it? Huh? Well I guess I will then.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by LanternGoddess, May 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LanternGoddess New Player

Minding my own business, grinding for marks in Dakota City I came across something disturbing to me. In the NW part of Dakota City, there is a side street that has "Black Lives Matter" written in large text taking up almost the entire street. This is unacceptable to me!

Now, before you go casting stones I would like to give my side of how I perceive such disrespect to players of DCUO, and my reasoning to why it is unacceptable.

The original #BlackLivesMatter was a movement started by a Facebook post in 2013 regarding a not-guilty verdict of George Zimmerman, who was a neighborhood watch coordinator in his gated community. He shot Trayvon Martin who was 17yrs old in the back and was yet set free. It was a mind boggling verdict in most peoples eyes and thus the movement. I fully support anyone willing to speak up for racial, or any injustice for that matter. There are a lot of problems in this world and they won't be solved sitting on our hands. 100% support #BlackLivesMatter.

In an low-life attempt to piggy-back off the popularity of #BlackLivesMatter, Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation was shadily started in 2013. In 2020 and 2021 this foundation raised over $167M dollars alone, given to them out of either misinterpretation, ignorance, or strong belief in just the name only. Nobody really looked at what the organization was promoting back then. Corporate America groveled at the feet of BLM in an attempt to not get canceled on numerous occasions and BLM gladly took the money.

BLM had a original mission statement far from what it is today, if you go to their website and compare now to 2016, specific text was removed from the BLM mission statement and other text altered in 2021 after all the donations came pouring in, to hide what their original agenda was, pure shadiness. Check it out for yourselves.

BLM is not a prototypical organization you would want to emulate.
    Here is a list of current problems plaguing BLM:

- Numerous lawsuits from lower chapters of BLM claiming donations given were never distributed to them from corporate
    - No transparency or financial trail as to where all of the donations given have gone
    - They claim to be non-profit and file as such; IRS claims they are not and owe millions in unpaid back taxes and are not non-profit; other lawsuits pending; BLM refuses to pay
    - Co-Founders have spent millions in donations on their own private lifestyles and on an excessive amount of high-end properties with no trail of used funds to purchase
    - Associated with numerous organizations including Antifa to help cause over 2 billion dollars worth of destruction with "mostly peaceful" protests caused to cities which included many minority owned businesses in 2020

There are many more examples of what a shady organization this is, do research. It's a shame.

Finally, What does this have to do with the game we all love and enjoy playing? Politics and/or political agendas or heritage favor don't belong in this game or any other. We come to DCUO to enjoy ourselves and release daily stress caused by this world. Everyone will never agree with each other, we are not a marxist society and never will be. Shame on Daybreak, Dimensional Ink, and DCUO for having hand picked a specific cause/movement to endorse, a corrupt one at that.
    I have never seen any endorsements for:
    - Hispanic Heritage Foundation
    - NAACP
    - Coalition for Asian American Children and Families
    - National Association for the Advancement of White people
    - ACLU
    There are many more examples but never seen in this game, and why not? The world, including this game if going to promote anything should be promoting solutions for the best outcome for all lives that matter. I do appreciate some things the game does, like the rainbow sidewalks also in the same NW area of Dakota City and the pride giveaways and such, but promoting a company whether directly or indirectly that has not really done much for anyone other than themselves is a disgrace! Do better!
    • Like x 3
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

3. Trexlight Devoted Player

If you dont want politics in your video game based on a comic book world, then dont read comic books. Also, this topic was brought up before and just like this thread, it was shut down because its from the actual comic book and the Devs are respecting the product. Chill out and just dont go to that side of the street.
    • Like x 2
  4. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

It's amazing how many people got upset about this.

Q&A:
    Q- When did Static get his powers?
    A- ? (Read the comic)

That'll tell you why there's BLM and reverse rainbow crosswalks.
    • Like x 4
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It was already mentioned....you are late to the party. However I believe that thread was removed or severely altered...so I'd expect the same here.

Good luck though. I personally am not triggered by it, BUT I do enjoy a bit more separation between 'real life' drama and my superhero escapist game, drama.

Now...if it were 'Brainiac lives matter'.....I guess it's in context.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Your objection is noted. And rejected.
    • Like x 17
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.