Test Discussion New Emotes

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, May 16, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Five Developer

Hello Emote Enthusiasts,

We have added some new emotes for you to check out, and this is the official thread for feedback and bugs.

Visit Plastic Man in the House of Legends to see the new emotes he is selling for Source Marks, and then head to the testing vendor to grab the Marketplace Emotes Testing Cache.

Please enjoy this first round of new emotes, and we look forward to hearing what you think!
    • Like x 5
  2. L T Devoted Player

Are the emotes supposed to end on their own after a while? It seemed like I was celebrating with sparklers for a really long time (until I got bored and decided to move).
    • Like x 1
  3. Eve YouTuber

Hey Red Five, I noticed that if I buy 2 of the same emote and I claim one it still says I can claim the second one I bought by accident, as if I never claimed it before. BUT it doesn't actually claim it or anything, just a visual bug of the text.

Can it be fixed? Other than that the emotes are great.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  4. Trykz Dedicated Player

Yooooo you KILLED these Red. Very cool man. Well done.
    Saiyan and table flip and dies are my favorite lol.

So are they gonna be sm and market? Or are some one some other? What are the costs associated for either path?
    • Like x 5
  5. Eve YouTuber

Some are free and some are MP exclusive. :) And yessss I also love how Red Five uses memes as emotes xD
    • Like x 6
  6. TabulaRasa Level 30

Love the attention the game is getting , Keep it up
    • Like x 3
  7. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Love them, very nice. Although i think making marketplace exclusive emotes is not a good idea. There should be a way we can earn them ingame too. Like giving us single emote drops in time capsules, just to be able to get them without spending real money (even if the chances are very small).
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    For the "Death Metal" emote, Player B will not hear the sound effects in the following situation:
    -Player A is using Death Metal emote
    -Player B has not purchased the Death Metal emote

Even after purchasing the emote, Player B will not hear the sound effect unless they relog.

All Player B will see the Guitar visual effect
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    If you get a bunch of Death Metal Guitars together, it doesn't necessarily sound very good:

That could be really annoying on Live.

Weird things start happening if the players have all the emotes registered properly and you have a mix of Boom Boxes and Death Metal Guitars in close proximity. One client may only hear the Boom Box while the other clients hear the Death Metal Guitar.
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    The transition between emotes can be awkward:
    • Like x 2
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

great... now i want a pizza box head style.... :oops:
    • Like x 1
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Personally the Emotes should either not have sounds attributed to them or only the player that uses the Emote can hear their own sounds. You end up in a situation where you can start to impact the gaming experience of others around you. If a player chooses to spam the Death Metal or boombox emote beside you endlessly with the intention to annoy you, I shouldn't have to hear all those sounds ontop of the game sounds already.
    • Like x 3
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

love the animation additions they make a great touch on these emotes. things like the stereo and the table to flip..
    great jobs designers for adding those little spices of flavor
    • Like x 1
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I feel like this is the equivalent of those jerks who like to spam the Fireworks trinket non-stop at dev invasions. It is funny to the player using the trinket, but annoying for everyone else.
    • Like x 2
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    As expected, the new emotes don't work well for all styles. Here are some examples:

Sticking Pizza into my Brain:

Using a Boombox as a Bat:
    • Like x 1
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    One thing I noticed about the Death Metal Guitar emote is that the guitar has no shadow. It looks odd when you are looking at your character shadow and notice that something is missing. The same goes for all the other emotes where you are holding an object.

I'll just assume it is an engine limitation.
  17. Red Five Developer

Thanks for the bug report, we are looking into this.
    • Like x 1
  18. Red Five Developer

Thanks for the bug report! We are trying to reproduce this but not succeeding, so I wanted to get some more info:
    • How close were you to the performer?
    • Could you reproduce the issue multiple times?
    • Is this limited to Death Metal, or did it occur with the Boombox?
    • Did you other client have any of its Volume sliders turned to zero?
    • Has anyone else experienced this?
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

After running some more tests, it appears to be a proximity issue. If Player A starts using Death Metal Guitar and Player B isn't in "close proximity," Player B will not hear the song unless they relog or Player A restarts the emote.

Here is a demonstration:

It just happened that every time I saw the bug before, I was on the way to pick up the new emotes.
    • Like x 1
  20. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Could you post the bat playing some death metal? for.... scientific reasons?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.