How come we never have Heroes/good guys as bounties anymore?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, May 14, 2023.

1. Raven Roth Committed Player

Every time it's always villains, why do villain players have a reason to fight the Fearsome 5 in SttS?

Villains now are basically just heroes fighting to save the world from greater evil
    • Like x 2
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

Not a fan of it either, but its half the resources they half to use.
    • Like x 2
  3. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

The heroes need to pay the villains more for helping them defeat the Fearsome 5.
    • Like x 4
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Ordinary internecine disassembly and elimination of competitors?
  5. Achikah All About That Base

As a hero, it's also hard to justify pummeling the villains in the scenario. At first when I read this, I was like, 'well, for heroes to need to get targeted, they'd need to be doing something heroic and the villains stopping them.' But honestly, the villains aren't doing anything villainous either- they're literally just chilling in the cityscape. A point could be made for big bads existing corporally. Like Onimar Synn being in the our world is probably not lookin' great in general, so that kinda hovering is justified in a thwarting. But for the Fearsome Five...?

Unless loitering is a big offense in most open world instances, it seems like a non-issue. And even if that's the case, I'm not gonna waste my runes because Mammoth and Psimon are looking to get some lunch at the wrong time. XD
    • Like x 2
  6. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Because sometimes the villain that is being presented has plans for the destruction of the universe as a whole...which has villains in it? Sometimes, it takes doing good deeds to advance a self-absorbed evil agenda, therefore, all actions have consequence...good and bad. I know.. I know...it's an argument based on principle, but true nonetheless.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Other than Raven in Gotham Wastelands, have we ever had a hero world boss where we work in tandem to take them down? Raven and the CC bounties were faction specific, so the only way I'd see them using a Hero boss would be to go back to that faction based design, which it seems like the Villain side would get the worst of it with the lower population.

I suppose we have had Batmage...which was kind of 'Batman' and because E3 was 'reverse' land....the villains were kind of the heroes there and were beating up the 'hero's of that world....kind of.

I don't see how they'd make a boss that both sides would beat up on and make it WW, Batman or the like. It seems to work the other way, because even in beating up a fellow villain, the 'story' can be that the other villains are doing it for selfish purposes, but there should be no reason a hero would beat up a fellow hero fighting with the villains to do so. I mean taking down a rogue Supes, Batman or whatever works....but at that point it's not really a 'hero' boss.

Maybe someone like Guy Gardner who seems to play both sides of the fence would be a good one?
    • Like x 1
  8. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

The 31st world bosses and Metal Titans are examples of corrupted heroes available as bounties to both factions, I don't see them creating faction specific feats anymore which for bounties the last time was Death of Superman. We don't even have different versions of the same instance anymore even if it's minor dialogue differences. It was nice back when they emphasized playing different factions, for CC you actually have different maps if you are a hero or villain.
    • Like x 1
  9. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I guess they could do just one feat that both factions' bounties count for... maybe.... IDK. I do wish villains got to be villains more again. I don't need or expect anything super in depth and complex all the time, just enough to FEEL fleshed out and villainous. Just little details.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I've got this really good idea, the devs could rename the entire villain faction "Anti Hero" then it wouldn't matter :cool:
    • Like x 2
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Rename both factions to "Mercenaries" .... anyway, both factions actually work for money and not for an idea ... this would also solve the problem of the villaincentricity of opponents ... if our characters are "mercenaries", then the enemy could be anyone ... both a hero and a villain .... what difference does it make to a mercenary who to beat the **** out of ...
    • Like x 2
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I like this idea. :)
  13. Toshknight Loyal Player

cause they concentrate less on playable content, and have basically gotten rid of the hero/villain faction where we HAVE TO WORK together, even though we cant group with villains, out in the pve environment, which they should finally do already, we went from, not being able to PST, or anything to, the task force x pvp mixing, to grouping in instances, add friend even, and DMs,

just let us group with each other, and switch if we want, it would add content,

they like to work on only one point of view style of content, instead of 2 different factions, point of view besides a couple lame, actor pop up window message lines, that differentiate the two
  14. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

This is why I never understood helping Trigon or Eclipso. I mean, The universe is where I keep all my stuff! Even if I'm evil, why would I want everything turned into hell on earth? Or worse, destroyed? And the mentors shouldn't be in any hurry to help Trigon or Eclipso ascend to power, because none of them would want the competition!
  15. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

And then allow them to join groups with heroes. :)